“Great find”
Review of Speakeasy

Speakeasy
Ranked #56 of 124 Restaurants in Long Beach
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Excellent, quaint restaurant tucked away off the main road in Long Beach, NY. Serving staff was knowledgeable about the menu, extremely friendly and ready to help. Fantastic decor, but the best part was the food. The gumbo was the best ever with the perfect blend of spices. Be sure to try the Lobster pot pie, it is sure to please the pallet. The servings are large and filling. Drink prices are extremely reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Speakeasy

Reviewed 3 May 2014

If you want to eat in what may be THE noisiest restaurant on the planet then be sure to stop in here. The food was good and there were some very interesting choices but the music was cranked up about as high as it could probably go which then in turn made the people next to us shout their conversations and so we had to shout ours. I am thinking that maybe we are just too old for this place on a Saturday night but, geez, I can usually take a lively place but this was out of control. I don't know which hurts me more right now...my throat from shouting at my partner or my head from the music and shouting of others. I would love to go back for the food...the avocado fries were divine...but it just ain't gonna happen...

Reviewed 8 March 2014

By accident today, ended up in Long Beach, NY looking for a Saturday brunch with family. One of the few available on this Saturday was Speakeasy! What a wonderful surprise! One of the best brunches ever. All perfectly and freshly prepared. Place was empty when we walked in. Oh boy! Packed when we left. Apparently, the locals know! Great dishes, very varied menu, great drinks. Great waitstaff, friendly bartender. We don' t live nearby but will certainly return. Worth the 60 mile round trip. A great experience!

4  Thank Jane A
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Really loved Speakeasy. Menu is so divine we want to try everything! I must recommend the Mac & Cheese menu! You can add toppings as you like. I could've just had that for my meal! Loved the veggie black bean burger topped with goat cheese mmmmmm. Service was prompt and pleasant. We'll be back for sure! Just writing this review is making my mouth water for that Mac & Cheese! You won't be disappointed.