not a bad hotel, but nor great either.
I like Marriott courtyards. Fairfield Inns - the cheaper end of the chain - tend to show it in
many ways - mismatched wallpaper, missing bathroom tiles, etc. A lot of little things - nothing that really matetrs, but you can notice them.
A few other things.
the shuttle works as advertised, but waiting for it and then waiting for the subway makes getting into Manhattan pretty time consuming.
the neighborhood is commercial and industrial but not a problem - but also not a lot of fun to walk around in. If you have a car, spend some time in the more urban parts of Queens (e.g., Steinway Street and Broadway in Astoria) - its close and is pretty interesting. Google "cheap eats" for greeat lunch spots in very ethnic neighborhoods.
the breakfast is crowded and slighty below average.
parking is a little odd - but we had no trouble parkig on the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •On-site parking, fee: 25 USD daily •Very limited (25) parking spaces available, first come first serve basis ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Queens Hotel Long Island City
- Fairfield Inn Long Island City
- Fairfield Inn Queens
- Long Island City Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View