“A Rating of At Least 4...At Least!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View

Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
Milton, Canada
“A Rating of At Least 4...At Least!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Booked one night in Manhattan and then one night here - wise choice! Great service, great shuttle service, and oh yeah: great price! And that breakfast was not one to miss either.
As great as it was staying in Manhattan, take my advice and keep your money in your pocket.
P.S. Not sure why this hotel has such a low rating, but talk about not being able to please ppl no matter what you do...

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, facing the manhattan skyline
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Action_Jackson2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed here for two nights in June 2013. I was visiting my daughter who was staying with friends in Manhattan near Park & 38th (but spent the night with me at the hotel). The first night we took a cab to the hotel. The next morning, we walked over the Queensborough Bridge (which was just a couple of blocks from the hotel) and to Central Park. It was a long but very nice walk. The hotel is also just a couple of blocks from the subway if you don't want to walk but don't want to pay for a cab. The second night, I took the subway back by myself around dusk and felt perfectly safe. The front desk staff was very courteous and professional. Breakfast was exactly the same as it is at every other Fairfield Inn. The room was clean and pleasant and the bathroom also clean and nice. Water pressure was good in the shower. I use Marriott Honored Guest points a lot. I only had to use 20,000/night to stay here but would have needed closer to 50,000 to stay in Manhattan. This hotel costs the same amount of points as properties 15-30 miles away in NJ and on Long Island but it's in walking distance of Manhattan! I was not disappointed in any way.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor and the front desk person said we faced Manhattan, but I couldn't see a...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EJPgh_412
Fairfield Inn L, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear guest,

We absolutely appreciate your feedback and We are glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and that you took advantage of our location to Walk to Queensboro bridge and Central Park- wonderful sites of NYC. We will share the compliments with our staff.
We will see you again in a near future.

Kindest Regards,
San Francisco Bay Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is my first stay at the Fairfield Inn in Long Island City (on Van Dam St.). For my 4-night stay, Manhattan Hotels quoted exorbitant rates that were 4 and 5 times higher, so I thought I'd take a shot at this location. It's not a scenic spot and the hotel doesn't have marble bathrooms - BUT, the lack of scenery and luxury is completely mediated by one of the best hotel teams I've ever experienced. These are, by far, the most upbeat, helpful, knowledgable, and competent hotel professionals I've ever seen in action - and this includes the smiling housekeeping staff - (and I travel for a living, so I've watched a lot of teams). Whatever management is doing here, they are creating excellence. From the angle of physical plant, the rooms are comfortable, very clean, certainly larger than the average NY room, well-equipped with everything a business traveler needs (including adequate electrical plugs), and there are ample towels and soaps, a good breakfast buffet (I mean, soy milk!, fresh fruit! and more! Wonderful!), etc. And, there are extremely regular van trips to the subway station, where one can grab a "7" train and be in Midtown Manhattan in 10 or 12 minutes. I was worried about being outside of Manhattan, but, really, I can get to Midtown quicker than if I had stayed downtown. The place is terrific. Highly recommended

Room Tip: I'm on a high floor, which is great. There's a little traffic noise, but I've never fou...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RickFig
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful. Great location and shuttle bus to the train and local restaurants was awesomr. To bad its not a 24 hr service, it end at 10pm...but I love it and took advantage. The front desk is always alert on what you need and they do go the extra mile for you. Thank you ♥

• Stayed June 2013
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Me and my sister visited the Fairfield Inn for 10 days in May.
We arrived at night time and we had had a problem with our baggage, one was left in Amsterdam and we had one with us. Delta told us it would be with us the next day so we told the reception staff and they were more than happy to inform us of when it appears. We were given room 502.
The room - We had a double double room. The room was clean and was big enough for the both of us. The bathroom was huge and there were plenty of towels (replaced everyday). It was supplied with shampoo, conditioner and some moisturiser. The room had a TV, a safe, wardrobe and several drawers. We had a view of Manhattan and could see the Empire State Building which was amazing! We also had free Wi-Fi which worked really well. The only bad thing about the room was that there was no fridge, but that's me being really picky.
The breakfast - good selection. Muffins, breads, cereals, yoghurts, meats, scrambled eggs, fruit. Minute maid orange or cranberry juice which was amazing. Also, Starbucks coffee!! And different teas! If there want anything there we wanted they had vending machines with branded drinks and foods in them.
The service - the staff were really helpful with our bag loss. They helped us to chase it and let us use their phones! Cassio was a big help. They also provided takeaway menus for when we didn't fancy going out. The hotel also provided a shuttle bus service every 30 minutes which was brill. What was even better was they took us even when they had already done a run. The subway station was 2 mins away or a 10 minute walk. The area is a bit dodgy so make sure if you walk, you walk with another person, not on your own. At the subway, you can take the 7 circle train to 5th av, grand central and times square. Ace!
We had a brilliant stay and it was cheaper and better than staying in a hotel in Manhattan. Had a great time and would return to this hotel :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Manhattan View and away from the lifts.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank fooooooooood
Fairfield Inn L, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome stay at the Fairfield Inn Long Island City Manhattan View. We will most certainly give kudos to our associates and specially to Cassio for being proactive and professional. We hope to see you again in a near future. Thanks again!
Thibodaux, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I was having a difficult time finding a room in or near Manhattan that would accomodate a family of four and not break the budget. The Fairfield Inn in Long Island City is right across the river from Manhattan and you have a great view of the Manhattan skyline if you are high enough. There are 12 floors and we were on the 11th floor. You can see the WTC, Empire State building, Chrysler Building, all the well known landmarks. The closest Metro station is a mile away, but there is free shuttle service that leaves the hotel every half hour that will take you there. We used it several times during our three-day stay. It was very simple to use and quite handy. It will also bring you back to the hotel and if the shuttle is not there when you exit the Metro, you can call the hotel and they will send someone to get you. The latest shuttle run back to the hotel at night is 10:45, but if you want to stay out late, cab fare for four people including a tip was only $10, so not a big deal. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was breakfast in the morning that was simple, but a nice selection. The first night we were there, someone on the third floor flooded their room and it went all the way down to the ground floor into the breakfast area. The hotel made alternate arrangements to still provide breakfast, which I thought was great. The only drawback I could offer about this property is the parking situation. If you have a car to park, the parking area has maybe a dozen spaces. I think it helped that we arrived there mid-week and used public transportation for the rest of our stay, so that way we never lost our parking space. This was our first trip to NYC and we hope to go back again soon. We will definitely use this hotel again if there is availabiltiy.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mamedee
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle services and enjoy the breakfast amenity as well. We hope to have you staying with us in your next trip to NYC.
Best Regards,
Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

I had 2 stays in this hotel in June. During the first stay the check-in was polite but more courteous compared to the check-in of the second stay. About neither may I say something bad.

The service remained friendly and attentive for the remainder of the stay. An example of the helpfulness of the hotel: I got to borrow an adapter for my stay and even the days in between my stays as I forgot mine.

The walk to the subway 7 station on 33 street will take you approximately 15 minutes. Another 5 minutes further is the area were most restaurants are. The hotel operates a shuttle every 30 minutes that heads to the subway station but the driver will drop you off at the restaurants if you ask him.

Not all rooms are equal. I stayed in room 510 & 907. Second room is bigger. First one is facing Van Dam str. Second one looks onto the highway.
You have some noise in the room but not to such extent that it should stop you from sleeping. (I have yet to find a hotel in NYC without street noise)

Location: you have to decide for yourself. You should know this hotel is not where the action is so you have to consider if you go for price or for location. NY has a very good subway system though. From the moment you take the shuttle in the hotel to times square is approx. 30 mins.

For the price conscious traveler this is no doubt a very good option without having to compromise on quality or service! I might not take this hotel if it would be my first time in NY and you need every minute to enjoy the action.

Special note to Marriott Rewards Elite members:
I had this exceptional experience: I received a welcome elite package as a low silver in a hotel in NYC! This hotel seems to treat elites better than the other marriott hotels in NY. It may be a reason to consider this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms ending on 10 might be smaller than others.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at our property. We certainly appreciate your time to write a review to future guests and specially to the Marriott Rewards member which we are always encouring our guests (current and new members) to take advantage of our amenities. We hope to see you again in a near future.

Best Regards,