If you are willing to put up with some quirkiness to save money, this hotel is for you. I stumbled onto it by accident, thinking I had booked the OTHER Fairfield Inn in Long Island City. It turns out this hotel is in the middle of an industrial area, a stone's throw from the Queens-Midtown Tunnel. The nearest subway station is the 7 train, about a 15 minute walk. The hotel runs a shuttle (very 30 minutes om morning to about 11 pm) to the subway station.. And thank goodness for that, since tourists walking through an industrial area at night would be a liability. I wish the shuttle went to the Queens Blvd line, since it is so much faster than the 7 train, but if you want that, you can just walk from the subway station where it drops you.
They advertise parking, but it is VERY limited. Upon arriving at the hotel, we found cars parked all over the sidewalk outside the hotel! So basically, limited parking and not "close" to the subway. Ugh. We found parking on a nearby street, but even I have to admit I mentally prepared ourselves for the car being gone in the morning. And I used to live in New York!
The room was clean and comfortable, the free hot breakfast was great, and the hotel had a nice lobby and business center. The staff was very cordial and friendly, and amazingly helpful. I loved the staff.
There is basically nothing around the hotel... A deli/restaurant, a film studio, produce wholesale distributor, car service garages, and the mothership of all those sidewalk vendors carts.
Lastly, a note about marketing. Unless you are on the upper half of the building, the "Manhattan View" claim is false. Our room was on the 4th floor and we stared at a large hulk of a self storage building and if I leaned, I could see the top of the Empire State Building. However, there is theoretically a roof terrace. Except the one at the hotel was barricaded with alarmed doors and "Do Not Enter" signs. The elevator goes to the roof... Want to know what they are using the roof terrace for? STORAGE. Yes, storage... Not quite the best use of a spectacular million dollar panoramic view of the NYC skyline!!!! Seriously.
The more understanding guests who have time and inconvenience as a luxury will find this location acceptable. If you are pressed for time and need easy access to the City, book the other Fairfield Inn in Long Island City, which is a block away from the subway into Manhattan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •On-site parking, fee: 25 USD daily •Very limited (25) parking spaces available, first come first serve basis ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Queens Hotel Long Island City
- Fairfield Inn Long Island City
- Fairfield Inn Queens
- Long Island City Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View