“Perfect start of our honeymoon”

Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Long Island City
Ranst, belgium
“Perfect start of our honeymoon”
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

This hotel was a perfect start of our honeymoon at the eastcoast.

Very friendly front office staff ( thx joe!) with a lot extra things for my gold pc-status and nice balconny view room.

Rooms are clean and new. The metro station is nearby and we walked to the 5pointz building.

Only small remark was the noisy ice maker, next to our room but we're looking forward to the end ofmay for another 2 nights in this hotel to close our honeymoon!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Herman_dailybits
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for kind feedback regardng your recent stay at our property! I will pass on your kind words to Joe! Joe is a valuable member of this team and really gets to know our guests. Congratulations again and we will see you on the second leg of your trip. We're looking forward to welocming you back, your room is ready minus the ice machine.

See you next week!

Warmest Regards,

Rosario Bianchi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2012

The hotel is in great condition. The rooms are nice and clean. The staff is friendly and ready to help. The location is good, 3 blocks for the subway. In 10 minutes you are in Central Park.

The price for New York is excellent. I will come back. The restaurant is just OK, but in New York who eats at the Hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and highlights during your stay in NYC! Great that you used the trains to get to your destinations as they're very close and convenient. Safe Travels and thank you again for staying at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View!

Kindest Regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stay more than 60 nights a year in hotels for business, I spent few days/nights in Long Island City to visit a customer.

First time that I was staying at a Holiday Inn!

The Room
The room was a King size bed room with a balcony with "view" on Manhattan. Very clean, spacious.

The Location
The hotel is located a block away from a subway station with direct access to Manhattan (trains N and Q), in about 15-20 minutes. Very convenient to eat in the city. I am not aware of any good restaurant in the direct neighborhood.

Pleasantly surprised by:
- The great front desk service

Unimpressed by:
- The Internet connection, too slow for business users.
- The restaurant attached to the hotel. It's not necessary good, and breakfast is pricey (USD17 for a tiny buffet breakfast).
- Malfunctioning ATM in the downstairs area (annoying when the cab does not have a working credit card machine, and you have no cash, and you stayed awake for 24+ hours)

Although I spent good nights there, and location is excellent, I will think twice before coming there again just because of the Internet slowness.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the time you spent with us this past week and providing the necessary details that make a great hotel. We will look into the internet service immediately. We're delighted to have you comment on location as this is a very convenient for business travelers having to pop into NYC especially. I know we have some work to do however we have made some impressions and look forward to welcoming you in the future. If I can asssit with answering some of the questions during this stay for your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at 718-707-3700 or rbianchi@himanview.com. Thank you for your time and continue to travel safely where ever your next stop takes you!

Appreciatively,

Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 8 May 2012

As stated in other reviews, the location is pretty good if you don’t mind taking the subway to get to Manhattan. Other than that, not much else good to say about this place. The rooms are small, the furniture is very old and beat up. Room was clean, but not spotless and they barely cleaned it the three days we were there. Did not replace coffee, used towel, etc. We were on the sixteenth floor and paid for a view which was just okay, but the balcony has no furniture so all you could do is stand out here and look around for a while. The bed was a joke, it was supposed to be a king, but was a small queen (maybe a full) at best. You get 4 half size pillows, I mean really, can’t even give full size pillow! They have about ten parking spaces and we were lucky enough to get one (for $23 a day with tax) Our three night stay cost close to $1000 with tax and parking, not the grand bargain this place should be offering based on the location and quality of hotel. Would not recommend or stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can't afford Manhattan stay a half hour away and take the commuter rail. The hotel are ni...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback conerning you stay. I apologize that your stay wasn't up to your expectations. Cleanilness is very important part of our exisitence and It's dissapointing to read this further. Our Staff is here 24hrs to assist you and ensure we can make your stay more enjoyable if allowed the opportunity to. We didnt receive any communication during your stay, unfortunately. If I can have the opportunity to discuss this in more detail please feel free to contact me directly rbianchi@himanview.com or 718-707-3700. I do hope to hear from you soon and once again we appreciate your time and business!

sydney
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Yes it's a budget hotel, yes it is a fantastic location, 5 minute walk to the Metro into Time Square but...
When our travel agent booked a twin share room I would have expected 2 beds ... no because on the hotel's computer it wasn't booked as a twin share... but for US$40 (plus taxes) extra per night we could have a twin share ... ah no thanks
So I wasn't happy, but with a king size bed there was enough room for 2. We asked for an extra blanket because it was cold and was told that the hotel had no extra blankets - what!
We were in a room on the second floor and after 2 nights of little sleep due to a noisy air conditioner vent we finally got someone helpful on the front desk and at 11pm we moved to a room on the 5th floor with no air conditioning noise so the rest of our stay was fine
I was surprised to see a US$9.95 charge on my credit card when I got home and when I queried it I was told it was a charge from the hotel restaurant .. funny 'cos we never ate at their restaurant .. after a couple of days they got back to me with a credit so it all worked out fine ... but it was still a bit dodgy!

Room Tip: Make sure if a travel agent books the room that it matches up to your paperwork If the room is nois...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank joanne t
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the opportunity to have you as our valued guest! We apologize for the confusion and this can be a hotel challenge day to day with TA's. I would like the opportunity to speak with the TA (Travel Agent) to ensure this doesnt happen to any future guests as well. Additonal charges in rates does have an affect on your visit and I'm delighted that you found the accommdations suitable in the meatime. I will immediately look into the concerns during your visit. Thank you for the alerting us and your feedback is valuable. The next time you will have more good things to say. Should you find yourself wanting to discuss this matter more in detail please feel free to contact me directly at rbianchi@himanview.com 718-707-3700. Our promise is that every guest leaves statisfied so I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you for staying with us.

Many Thanks again and hope you've reached the Outback safely!

Coleraine
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This was my first time staying here. My first impressions would be typical holiday inn, clean and adequate. The view from the room was very disappointing, looking out onto rubble. Had to keep air con on all day to cool the room. Saying that it was clean and the staff were helpful enough. Would stay again if on a budget as rooms in Manhattan are twice the price and half the size! Subway is literally a 2min walk around the corner and it took us everywhere, bought a $30 weekly pass, best money spent! Got breakfast at the deli beside subway stop, loved it, lovely staff, wonderful breakfasts.

Room Tip: Dont be put off by the area, felt very safe on my own.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Sarah,

Sorry to hear about the view and hoped we could have made an adjustment while you were on property! I really appreciate the feedback regarding the rest of your stay and services. We really hope you allow us the opportunity to assist you in the future. For the most part, thank you for realizing the value and I'm impressed in your savings from staying in Long Island City compared to NYC. Also, thank you for offering the ROOM TIP to our future guests as that is very important in choosing a location.

Paris
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed 7 nights there. The Manhattan view is just amazing ! People at the reception are very helpful and the nearest metro station is only at 5 min walk. It takes around 10-15 min to get to TimeSquare. We were on the 12th floor and the only bad thing was the noise from the Ice Machine near our room.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Manhattan View for your recent stay. I'm delighted you found the convenience in getting around the city for the week. We look forward to seeing you next time! Thank you again for kind feedback.

Kindest Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Island City
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#5 of 33 in Long Island City
Midtown
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
#274 of 467 in New York City
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long ...
#2 of 33 in Long Island City
Lower East Side
Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side
Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Sid...
#208 of 467 in New York City
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 33 in Long Island City

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!