“Got the smallest room”

Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
Cologne, Germany
“Got the smallest room”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Nice and clean rooms. The stuff was very nice and you have a nice view to manhattan. Our room was VERY small (I know NYC has small rooms in general, but I know, that there exist bigger ones). But that was ok for us, because we were there for just one night. Breakfast can be taken there but is definately not necessary. The price for such a close hotel to Manhattan is worth and cheap. So thumbs up, even if I wished to get a little bigger room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tommy2W
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Tommy,

Thank you for your recent review. I know we have rooms that are smaller in size but they have fantastic views which makes up for the space. Next time you stay with us we will certainly find something more suitable. We appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest and being very close to Manhattan is a thumbs up because you don't have to pay Manhattan Prices.

Travel Safely and again thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stayed at the HI Long Island City for 5 nights to celebrate my partners birthday in New York. The whole experience staying at the hotel was first class, great service, great people and great ambassadors for IHG. We were fortunate to be given an upgrade to a suite with amazing views over the city. The rooms were immaculately cleaned every day, light, bright and airy. The Brazilian BBQ buffet in the evenings was great value and would recommend a nice bottle of Malbec to wash it down. The hotel is very close to the subway station making it very convenient to commute in and out of Manhattan. If we ever return to NYC then without a doubt stay their again. Well done to all the hotel team!

1 Thank David H
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear David,

Thank you for being such a great guest! I cannot wait to share this my team. The expression "Hidden Gem" doesn't get old with us. I'm delighted that you and your partner had a memorable experience! Rio Grande Restaurant is the great place for value and fare. We cannot be happier that you found our property.....

Travel Safely..........
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We were staying in the area and used the Holiday Inn's restaurant facilities twice-the property was clean,staff were friendly,professional and helpful-the food(and drink) were especially good-we definitely received value for what we paid-very pleasant in every way-most enjoyable

1 Thank s j
Dear Guest,

Thank you for using the facilities and glad to hear you had a nice experience at Rio Grande Restaurant. You said it, VALUE. All I can say is you never will leave hungry. Please visit us soon!

Thank you for stopping by!
Valley View, Ohio
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel as one of the choices listed to stay for a wedding. The room (KING) was wonderful, the Brazilian restaurant was great with live music. The staff was excellent- answered our questions regarding getting to Times Square via subway, and also for catching a a cab to the Brooklyn Bridge. which both were within a couple blocks walking distance. The hotel was very close to the wedding venue. Breakfast buffet was good, and also the front desk staff let us leave our suitcases at the hotel while we did some sightseeing before a evening flight home.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ReginaGD
Dear Regina,

Thank you for being our guest! I see you found the property and services idea for your trip to NYC. I will certainly pass on your feedback to our staff and Restaurant. The team here works very hard to ensure everyone has a wonderful experience. We hope to see you back next time.

All the best and travel safely!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn L.I. City hotel for a wedding over Labor Day. It's a good value hotel with easy access to Midtown Manhattan via the N Q R subway at Queensboro Plaza. Our room was impeccably clean, and the bathroom was small but very nice. The staff was very friendly and tried to be helpful.

A couple complaints:

1. It was a very warm weekend and our A/C would turn off even when we were present in the room. This meant that it got up to 78°F overnight, which is too hot for me. An "engineer" is required to come to your room and disable this feature—the front desk can't help you. Coincidentally, the engineer was not on duty that night.

I appreciate the effort to "go green," but this is not the way to do it! It really compromised sleep quality. A guest should be able to easily and intuitively set the thermostat to a comfortable temp and have it remain there.

2. The pillows are small squares. I prefer a normal sized pillow.

I would probably opt to stay in a Manhattan hotel for a normal visit, but this is an option well worth considering for value and cleanliness in Queens.

Room Tip: In summer months, make sure you request that the energy saver on the A/C be disabled. If you're...
1 Thank Bill L
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and concerns regarding your stay with us last week. I do apologize for the comfort of the A/C and thank you for alerting viewers to request a setting change when they stay with us. We are trying to be more energy conscious. This is a very good TIP for travelers and offering this information at check in time will save time.

I do apologize about pillow size, the Holiday Inn Standard of Pillow is changing in the coming year which will be more like a standard size set. We have additional pillows upon request though our service department, I apologize again.

We appreciate the opportunity once again and please note, we are still the best option for value and convenience when coming to NYC. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at rbianchi@himanview.com.

We do hope you enjoyed the wedding!

Many Thanks!
Utah
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my 11 year old daughter in June,I just want to say THANK YOU! for great service and excellent acommodations. The room was clean and quiet, the staff was polite and helpful. This hotel is conveniently located 2 short blocks from the subway station line N-Q.
They have king and 2 double beds rooms and a business center. Exceptional customer service, good quality. I will definitely recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tammy82
Dear Tammy,

THANK YOU! for being our guest and for your thoughtful feedback! We are delighted your stay with your daughter was comfortable and convenient. We certainly hope to see you next time. Travel Safely!

Warmest Regards,
UK
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel as i was visiting the US open. The hotel is in a developing area of Queens. Easy to walk to several subway lines and very safe. The staff were super helpful.i would definitely stay here again

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Top Contributor and Wonderful Guest,

Thank you for visiting us! The US Open is a great time of year and hopefully you'll be back when the put a roof over the stadium in the future. The area is safe and the available outlets via the train lines are many. Bloomingdales is (how should I say from previous guest review)"a stone throw away". I will certainly let the superb staff know as well about your kind comments. See you next year...

Travel Safely!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Island City
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#5 of 31 in Long Island City
Hotel Edison Times Square
#311 of 468 in New York City
Lower East Side
Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side
Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Sid...
#199 of 468 in New York City
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhat...
#193 of 468 in New York City

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!