“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
NYC
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

It's a very nice business hotel - close to Manhattan, quiet and the views of Manhattan are spectacular. The room I stayed in wasn't large, but I didn't expect huge sizes and I was very happy about the stay. The neighborhood is a bit industrial, but what do I care :).

Room Tip: High floor, Manhattan view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank w314
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and feedback! On behalf of the entire team at the Holiday Inn L.I. City, we look forward to your next visit. Thank you for choosing IHG!

Kindest Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,125 helpful votes
Reviewed 10 March 2014

To find a hotel for less than $100 a night, 1 subway stop from Manhattan, and Manhattan views to kill for, would be almost impossible. Well, not really. This is all at this property. It is clean, fresh, smart, warm service, killer views and almost in manhattan.

The surrounding area is gruffy right now, but it is going through a gentrification, with many hotels and condos coming up. However, it will take a while before the area is fully spruced up. But, except for the walk to and from the subway, you will not spend any time in the area, because there is nothing else to do here. No restaurants or any other activity. In fact, it is best to hop on the subway (2 blocks away) and get to Manhattan for a whole different world.

My room (1501) was smallish, but was made to look spacious with a wall of reclining glass windows floor to ceiling, facing the bed and looking west towards midtown Manhattan. Yes, you will also look over the rooftops of the adjoining neighborhood, but you will have to pay some price for this value oriented place. I look the new Holiday Inn style of a shower stall instead of a tub, far more practical and modern. The new Holiday Inn beds are very, very comfortable, firm and cushy. The staff that greets you at Reception is one of the happiest lot I have encountered in a while, all cheerful and helpful.

Wifi was a bit of a problem. It was inconsistent and at times dropped completely and was very slow.

But overall, if you can snag a room here for less than $100, you will be lucky!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floor with a Manhattan view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank ZenHealer7
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our property! We appreciate the time and consideration in choosing our hotel compared to Manhattan. You will find value outside of Manhattan as the outer boroughs are increasingly becoming a destination for guests traveling to NYC. Our property is close to major airports and offers the convenience, as you explained, to get in and about the city by a short metro ride. Our area indeed is gentrifying and there are a few nice restaurants along side our hotel. Our very own Brazilian Restaurant offers an authentic style rodizio BBQ which I suggest trying next time your in our neighborhood. I do apologize, I wasn't sure if you contacted anyone for the Wi-Fi issue as we have staff available to assist you to ensure you have a better experience in the future.

I will pass on your kind feedback in regards to the cleanliness and friendliness of our hotel to the men and women who really make our hotel the best in NYC. Thank you once again for staying with us!

143 cities Reviewed is quite impressive, and you have helped 359 guests with your useful tips. Travel Safely and I hope you continue to have great experiences everywhere you go.....

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 March 2014

There is not so much to add to all the raving reviews about this hotel.
Considering the unbelievable savings comparing to any Manhattan hotel, I would definitely stay there just for the price.

But there is more to this hotel than an attractive rate.

First of all, very friendly and helpful staff . If you need a good restaurant in the area, or some advice on transportation – they are always there to help you.

Second, a very clean and spacious room. ( We had one with a small balcony – not so much of a great view, but still a nice feature). Door to ceiling windows, a lot of light.

Third, and for us some of the most important features that nowadays many hotels ignore: a small real frig ( not the one with the mini bar temperatures), free Internet and a coffee machine.
It happened so that a weekend before staying at the Holiday Inn L.I.City, we stayed at DoubleTree hotel on Lexington Ave in Manhattan. Not only the rate was much higher – than on top of that you had to pay for the Internet, no refrigerator, a tiny room and no coffee maker. There was even no comparison.

As for the parking, it is a very safe neighborhood. Instead of paying the garage rate, we just parked off the street for 2 nights. No problem.
We did not eat at the restaurant, but it was packed at the night time .
We sent couple friends to stay in this hotel and they were more than happy with it; we definitely will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trips365
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid feedback and time in expressing your experience at our hotel. It goes without saying, Value and Space is the great thing about staying outside of Manhattan. I pride on our service and you will not meet a more knowledgeable and helpful stay in Long Island City! I will share your feedback with our team. We are delighted you found your stay comfortable and to your expectations. Thanking you for making this "A Great Place" and referring guests to our property. Travel Safely......

Warmest Regards,
Duryea, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel is located a block and a half from a subway stop and will get you to Times Square in no time flat. If you're lucky enough to get a city view room, you'll be bowled over by the nighttime view. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is limited parking on site, but there is a parking garage next door, where you pay Queens, rather than Manhattan rates. Overall great value for the money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank David S
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear David,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and travel tips for our future guests! Value, Service, and Convenience is our mantra. We hope to see you sometime in the near future. We appreciate your time and again, thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View.

Travel Safely.....

Warm Regards
Fremont, California
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We recently took a vacation to NY, and staying at this hotel was a great choice! Upon our arrival at LGA we took a cab ride to the hotel for only 20 bucks! We walked in the hotel where we were greeted by Elizabeth, who was amazing. Super friendly and helpful since it was our first trip to NY. She explained the subway system, where to get on/get off for our hotel. She had great recommendations for things to do in the area and was a great source of information.
Elizabeth was warm, friendly, and very hospitable, as was everyone else at this hotel. We'd definitely recommend our friends/family to stay here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank converse_emopunk
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I. City for your visit to NYC! We continue to see more and more guests prefer the convenience from the NYC airports to our hotel and the close proximity to Manhattan. The subway is great way to get around and puts you in the city center in minutes. Elizabeth is the Welcome Ambassador of our family. Elizabeth sure knows how to make guests feel comfortable and enjoy their experience while staying with us. I will certainly relay your kind feedback to the entire family. From all of us, thank you for staying at our property and we are delighted you enjoyed your time. We look forward to many visits and thank you for referring our family to yours.

Travel Safely,

Sincerely
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I had a great stay! The staff was great and hospitable and very welcoming. Made us feel right at home. We stood on the 6th floor was hoping for a view but eh we'll try again next time. I will definitely plan to stay again very soon! This was a great find!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kat N
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Kat,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and appreciate your time. Hospitable and Welcoming are adjectives we live by here and I'm appreciative to have the best staff to offer the service. We hope your Valentines Day was memorable and look forward to seeing you again!

Warmest Regards,

The Holiday Inn L.I City Manhattan View Family!
Suomi
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Location,location,location. This hotel is 10 minutes subway trip away from Time Square.10 minutes away from La Guardia and 25 minutes away from JFK.Perfect breakfast diner is just few hundred meter away as is subway. Hotelroom was clean and staff was very helpful.Before this trip to New York i have always stayd in Manhattan but not after this.BTW,bed was awesome.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank DukeWSuomi
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Luke,

Your not in the movie business? Location, Location, and Location..... Yes I hear you loud and clear. Thank you for your recent review. 6 sentences sums it up from a Senior Reviewer!

Till the next time you come to Long Island City.. Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Island City
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#5 of 31 in Long Island City
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long ...
#2 of 31 in Long Island City
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 31 in Long Island City
Hotel Vetiver
#11 of 31 in Long Island City
Wyndham Garden Long Island City ...
#13 of 31 in Long Island City
Midtown
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
#274 of 467 in New York City

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!