“Excellent hotel!”

Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed on the 10th floor because we requested it ahead of time. The view was pretty nice from our room! So if you want a room on a higher floor, call ahead of time and they might accommodate you. The check in process was smooth and the front desk staff was absolutely amazing and very helpful. The room was very clean and the trash was taken out daily. The housekeepers were around in the morning and if you had any housekeeping request they will make sure to please your needs. Room service was excellent as well. The room was not as big as we thought but pretty well divided and comfortable. The metro is literally one block away and 4 stops from Manhattan. Very conveniently located! If you need a hotel for your NY stay, I would definitely recommend this one!

• Stayed: June 2014
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Silvia,

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback and review of our property and staff! We are delighted you found the hotel clean, friendly, comfortable, and convenient. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team and look forward to your next visit! We appreciate the recommendation!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Hotel website claims that this is a brand new facility, I beg to differ unless it has been so happening (which I doubt based on location) that it has shown its age this quickly.

The two check-in guys were nice though they stuck me in a room on the second floor DIRECTLY above the bar which led to a rather noisy night.

To add salt to the wound...
1. The hotel is literally in the middle of nowhere. Come full or you'll be sorry.
2. Manhattan view is non-existent - all I see is the bodega across the street.
3. Ottoman has stains on it - I don't want to know where it is from or what it is.
4. There is drink splatter and greasy fingerprints all over the desk chair, no joke I'm currently sitting on it with two towels draped over.
5. They have ODD THROW PILLOWS on the bed. As if there was any doubt I was not going to get a night's rest, let us give you some crappy pillows too.
6. Pretty sure the cleaning staff did not bother wiping the furniture - there are sticky rings from cups, hand prints, etc. The fingerprint dusting guy from the FBI would have a field day...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Mary,

I would like this opportunity to thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for your experience, while not typical for my hotel, and wish we would have connected during your stay.

Our hotel is a brand new facility which was built from the ground up. We opened in December of 2008 so we are 5 years and half years in business. I would consider our location a best option to Manhattan. We are not by any means Manhattan city center. Our area is developing each day with more dining options, entertainment and cultural sites to visit. You do however have to venture out to see them just like you would in Manhattan. They are walkable and a short ride b train or taxi.

Great to hear that the Front Desk Staff were friendly. The location of your room would not afford you a view of Manhattan or Queens this time. For future visits please request one so we can try to accommodate you or purchase the room type so its guaranteed. I'm very taken back about the cleanliness issues. While you have pointed out very obvious details in your room, did you every contact a staff member about these concerns? If any part of your stay is not perfect we want to know about it. Holiday Inn recently changed their pillow program and our property finished the install of new larger pillows sorry they were not up to your standard. We could have made your stay more enjoyable should you had given us the opportunity to. For this I apologize again.

Since this is your first visit to NYC, I would have chosen to stay in Manhattan as well. Although you get more value by staying in the outskirts. I understand we didn't meet your expectation however if there's an opportunity to contact me directly, I would like to get more information on your stay and offer you a better experience guaranteed. Please feel free to contact me at rbianchi@himanview.com or call 718-707-3700 as ask for the General Manager.

Thank you again for your time and travel safely and hope you can visit NYC sometime again!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had a great stay at this hotel in june.
I like that it was close to subway, only 4 stops to Manhattan.
I liked the room, it was clean, spacious, wery comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean, and we got constant refills on bathroom supplies.
The room was cleaned and the trash was taken out daliy.
I also liked that we had a coffe machine with coffee and tea, also refilled every day.
And I liked that we had a clothing iron and ironing table, very useful after unpacking a suitcase full of wrinkled shirts :))
The staff was nice and friendly.
Good job guys! I will definetly recommend!

Room Tip: I stayed at the 4th floor, facing the store across the street and it was a quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Christina,

Thank you again for your time and feedback! Your first review on Tripadvisor! Thank you for pointing out the great aspects of the location and convenience to Manhattan. Delighted your room was up to the Holiday Inn standard and you had ample amount of supplies. Our Housekeepig Staff is one of the best and we're proud of the product we deliver. Next time stay local and enjoy our Brazilian Steak House or local pub across the street. I want to thank you again for choosing to stay with us and appreciate the support and recommendation.

Most Graciously,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here for a 2 days layover in N.Y.C.
I've chosen the hotel because I didnt want to stay in Manhattan (too expensive in my opinion...) but still wanted to be close to the the city.
It was a very good idea!
The hotel is perfectly located. A taxi to and from JFK airport takes 30 minutes.
For your trip to Manhattan there is 2 subway stations in walking distance. In my opinion the best way to get into the city. Awesome!
My room (502) appears clean and fresh. The king bed was very comfortable and I could find a very good night sleep. Didnt even felt jetlagged...
I was very happy with the cleanliness of the room.
The bathroom was in a perfect shape, I liked the very spacious walk-in-shower and the marble bathroom design.

Futhermore I'd like to highlight Rosa from the front desk. She was one of the most dedicated, professional and very very friendly person I've met lately on my trips around the world! All the special wishes I had, she fixed those immediately. Thank you once more, Rosa!

The only thing I did not like with the hotel is the breakfast.
It was freezing cold in the restaurant and felt just not very welcoming.
Better spend the 10 USD for the breakfast somewhere else. In my opinion the products are not worth the 10 bucks. Warmed-up food such as Scrambled egg, pancakes and fruits out of the freezer? No thanks...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FBert
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you again for choosing to stay close to Manhattan and choosing our hotel! I would like to thank you for highlighting the convenience and value to Manhattan as well. I appreciate the kind feedback regarding Rosa and the service you encountered while staying with us. I will certainly let her know our guests are talking about her! I also would like to thank you for the details on the cleanliness of the room and will also let our Housekeeping Team the great job they do each any every day.

I apologize about the restaurant experience and will forward your feedback to the Management. Should you every stop over on this side of the country again please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View!

Warmest,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Got to hotel two hours after landing at JFK - since gps routed to empty lot- called hotel - spoke to "Melkis" - who directed us everywhere but the hotel. Finally got there after asking different motorist and what a check-in experience. We initially asked for double beds on our reservation - it was noted in file- per rep. -however Mr. Melkis told us that double beds were reserved for "paying customers". (I think he meant for customers paying at a higher rate attending the Belmont races) Interestingly, I asked him to repeat what he just told me and arrogantly enough, he repeated it. For the record- we were not staying free. Also, asked if he would be able to move us later on- which never happened - and was told hotel totally booked for our entire stay. He offered to put a cot in the room - which he told us we would be charged $25 daily. I declined. Needless to say, we were exhausted after driving around - and with no consideration by this representative to make our check-in pleasant- he then handed me a piece of paper to initial - and asked me if he needed to repeat himself again. I restrained my comments- just for this reveiw and the one I will post on yelp as well as notify my corporate office - of the unprofessionalism received at this hotel- which does not equate to the standard we expect. About 15-20 minutes later,exited the elevator - carpet dirty in hallway, room bedding dirty, chair soiled,out of order vending machine -which later disturbed our floor (sounded like the fire alarm) called the front desk- which sent a engineer to fix it. A positive - the bathroom was clean and nice- we actually joked about moving the mattress in the bathroom.We attempted to go next door to the Home 2 by Hilton - but they were booked. This location is convienently located for access to trains, nice pub across the street and breakfast deli on the corner. Will upload photos of soiled items and vending machine at a later date.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank M H

Dear M H,

We appreciate your detail account of your arrival process to the hotel. From the sound of it, it was quite a long ride from Florida. While we feel most of your expectations were attempted to be met by the hotel representative, we again apologize that the hotel had been fully committed and availability for rooms over the weekend did not materialize. Your reservation was made for a single bed. The cleanliness issues also were not communicated to anyone during your stay? Should you have contacted a member of management upon your arrival or before you departed, we sure would have made you feel better before leaving, for that I apologize.

After reading your feedback and speaking with our staff, we again wanted to assure you that our reputation does speak for its self. We didn't however meet your expectations this time. Please contact me directly so you can discuss your stay in more detail and you can show me the pictures as well at rbianchi@himanview.com or 718-707-3700.

I want to thank you again for your feedback and for staying at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed room #806, north-east side. No bathtub, shower-booth only but it was clean and bright. I loved it

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SpitfireII
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time and feedback! Thank you for taking some great pictures of the rooms and view to show our future guests. I will certainly pass on your cleanliness feedback to our Housekeeping Staff! One of the best in our city! We're glad you loved it too.......

We appreciate your stay with us........

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New York. We stayed for week in May and our stay could not have been better. We found the reception staff extremely helpful, especially Melkiss and Elizabeth who often worked the evening shift. We had a 3rd floor room and while it did not have Manhattan views, it was extremely large by NY standards with a large bathroom too. Breakfast was excellent, with a great selection of fresh fruit and more traditional American style goodies. We also tried the Brazilian restaurant, which was definitely great value for money. We would definitely stay there again and will recommend it to all our friends.
Pat and Mino from Ireland and Italy.

Room Tip: Choose a room on lower floors as what you sacrifice in views you gain in space.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pat and Mino,

On behalf of the staff here at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View hotel, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel! Thank you for the gracious feedback and it wonderful hearing that the services at the hotel were to your expectations and the food and beverage a good value. You were fortunate enough to engage with Elizabeth and Melkis who are great duo and really know the hotel and the area. Thank you again for your feedback!

Till the next time Ireland and Italy meet again, we hope it will be in Long Island City!

Cheers,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Island City
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#5 of 33 in Long Island City
Hilton Garden Inn Long Island Ci...
#2 of 33 in Long Island City
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 33 in Long Island City
Best Western Plaza Hotel
#8 of 33 in Long Island City
Hotel Vetiver
#12 of 33 in Long Island City

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!