“~ Surprisingly Nice! ~”

Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
marlboro,nj
“~ Surprisingly Nice! ~”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Went for a 2 night concert on Randalls Island and kept it local by staying here (we only live across the bridge). The location is as good as L.I.City can be - reasonably close to Manhattan and a great price. It was clean. Lobby needs refreshing. We were on the top floor and the room was large....NOT a suite or anything "extra" $$. The balcony was AWESOME! I was able to see 5 bridges - and as a NewYorker - even I was impressed! .....great H20 pressure, too. Parking is 20.00 and there really is NOTHING to walk to in the area - mostly tiny hotels and industry. Would stay here again for sure!!

Room Tip: room with a balcony!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 3grlsmom
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback and we appreciate your time. I'm delighted you found the hotel convenient to Roosevelt Island. This is a prefect location to drive or take local transportation to get there. I will certainly pass on your comments to the Staff. Glad you were able to get some fresh air on the balcony and see the many bridges of NYC. I see your profile picture has someone with a foot cast? I hope next time our reception staff can offer recommendations see cultural institutions and restaurants in the area which are in walking distance. You'll certainly be even more surprised next time.

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel over the 4th of July weekend for 5 nights. I was a little worried since the hotel wasn't in Manhattan but it was a quick trip on the subway into the city and even the cabs didn't cost too much (depending on traffic). The rooms were small as to be expected for NYC, but clean and comfortable. We had a few cocktails at the bar, ate at the Brazilian restaurant downstairs, walked across to the corner store for sodas and such and everything was fine. Front desk and other staff were friendly, the hotel was clean and quiet so no complaints. Took about 30 minutes to get from JFK and only 15 minutes to get to Laguardia Airport.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and didn't have a view. The rooms with balconies would be good especial...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Belinda B
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Belinda,

Thank you for joining us to celebrate America's Independence Day! I appreciate your time and feedback! We are delighted you found the hotel convenient and comfortable. Our staff are the friendliest around, thank you. Should you decide to visit us again from sin city, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will ensure we offer you a room on higher floor and depending on availability, a room with a Manhattan View.

Till the next time...

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked this hotel as we were familiar with the Holiday Inn chain and staying in Manhattan was over budget. It was a great decision :-)

The hotel is located a few minutes walk away from various subways (the nearest was 39th St) which had you in Central Manhattan in 15mins. There were several stores nearby including an excellent cafe for breakfast and a pharmacy.

It was our wedding anniversary so hubby contacted the hotel prior to arrange flowers. The manager was very helpful and accommodating.

Our room was on the 10th view and had fab views across Manhattan. We had our own balcony which was lovely.

The room was spacious and well equiped. It was a coffee maker rather than a kettle so if you prefer tea you would be better to bring your own kettle. The maker did produce hot water but not hot enough for tea :-). The fridge was a god send and the air conditioning worked very well.

The bed was very comfortable and there was free wifi.

The only negatives were the shower, it was a large enough cubicle but the actual shower was pitiful with weak pressure.

Apart from that, no complaints, would definitely stay again when we revisit New York

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Amex Traveler, 85 reviews, 55 cities. I cannot say enough about your reputation!

We thank you for the review and kind feedback. Wedding Anniversaries are special and I'm delighted the hotel and the staff helped make this occasion memorable. Next time please inquire about a kettle, I understand how important this is for international travelers and we keep a few on hand for this reason. As for the shower, we apologize and will have a look into this. If my memory serves me correctly, I coordinated the flowers upon your arrival so I know which room you stayed in. Now that your back home safely, we want to congratulate you on your Anniversary and thank you for sharing it with us. We do hope you make it back to the states sometime soon.

Thanks again and travel safely to your next city and beyond.....
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The Staff & Management at this location are amazing. Big shout out to Rosario Bianchi, who took my call and assured me that I would love my room and the view. I'm not sure why people put negative reviews on this site for this location. Melkis was very nice and professional. He offered my son a card to eat dinner for free as well as a free dessert card. I even earned 500 points in top of what I normally would earn as a Platinum IHG rewards member. Rosa, Elizabeth, and Hugo also had great service skills dealing with other guests. Trust me I look at everything when I check out a hotel including how other guests are treated, decor, Space, Value, etc. ... I will start with what's missing first. The pool is not open and there needs to be more onsite amenities for kids. The gym is quite small and the treadmill wasn't working. I told Melkis and he made the call to have that fixed immediately. They came to fix that problem right away. The food selection at the restaurant was well priced. Get the all you can eat buffet for dinner $20. I was stuffed with all the selections of meat. The hot & cold buffets needs more selection however not bad for the price. I'm a native New Yorker so I know where the Good places to enjoy are without Spending alot of $. I really stayed here due to the view. I stayed in room 1201 wow what a view of the Manhattan skyline. The room was very clean, as well as the bathroom. Big thumbs up to the housekeeping staff. I'm a Veteran so my standards are high and my room exceeded my expectations. The real magic in staying in this room takes place when the sunrises or when it's a clear dark night and you open the curtains or go to the balcony and enjoy the views of NYC.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Juan A
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Juan,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you to our Holiday Inn in Long Island City for the 4th of July! It was a pleasure to speak to you and gain your trust in our location and accommodations. I myself am a native New Yorker and think I know every cool in NYC but just when you know it, you find another hidden gem! I enjoyed working with you!

I appreciate the detailed feedback and will certainly let our team know what a nice time you had encountering our staff, restaurant and services. However the shout out goes to you and the part you play in making America who it is today! I thank you for your service!

Here's to many more beautiful sunrises and clear night sky's!!!

The very best from our family to yours,
Kochi (Cochin), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I had recently arranged an event at this hotel. Cathy Pascale the Director of Sales was very helpful and the conference was arranged very nicely. There was a small issue at the beginning and it was neatly ironed out by Cathy. Front office staff Elizabeth and Hugo was always welcoming with a nice smile and excellent service. The room with balcony and Manhattan view on the 15th floor was very nice. The hotel is located in a quite area with easy access to Manhattan via the subway at 39th ave station. The Rio Grande Churrascarria Steak House provides very good food. Will stay here again and plan to organize event there soon. Thank you all at the hotel who made this very memorable for me!

Room Tip: Take the Manhattan view room with balcony on the 15th floor. VFM
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your time and feedback! I'm delighted the staff were able to deliver a great experience, something we try to do each and everyday at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. I will certainly pass on your comments to Rio Grande and thank you again for having your event with us! We hope to host many events for you down the road. The views from the 15th Floor are magical and definitely leave an impression.

All the best and safe travels from Cathy, Elizabeth, Hugo, and the entire family here at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View!

Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed on the 10th floor because we requested it ahead of time. The view was pretty nice from our room! So if you want a room on a higher floor, call ahead of time and they might accommodate you. The check in process was smooth and the front desk staff was absolutely amazing and very helpful. The room was very clean and the trash was taken out daily. The housekeepers were around in the morning and if you had any housekeeping request they will make sure to please your needs. Room service was excellent as well. The room was not as big as we thought but pretty well divided and comfortable. The metro is literally one block away and 4 stops from Manhattan. Very conveniently located! If you need a hotel for your NY stay, I would definitely recommend this one!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Silvia,

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback and review of our property and staff! We are delighted you found the hotel clean, friendly, comfortable, and convenient. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team and look forward to your next visit! We appreciate the recommendation!

Warmest Regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Hotel website claims that this is a brand new facility, I beg to differ unless it has been so happening (which I doubt based on location) that it has shown its age this quickly.

The two check-in guys were nice though they stuck me in a room on the second floor DIRECTLY above the bar which led to a rather noisy night.

To add salt to the wound...
1. The hotel is literally in the middle of nowhere. Come full or you'll be sorry.
2. Manhattan view is non-existent - all I see is the bodega across the street.
3. Ottoman has stains on it - I don't want to know where it is from or what it is.
4. There is drink splatter and greasy fingerprints all over the desk chair, no joke I'm currently sitting on it with two towels draped over.
5. They have ODD THROW PILLOWS on the bed. As if there was any doubt I was not going to get a night's rest, let us give you some crappy pillows too.
6. Pretty sure the cleaning staff did not bother wiping the furniture - there are sticky rings from cups, hand prints, etc. The fingerprint dusting guy from the FBI would have a field day...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Mary,

I would like this opportunity to thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for your experience, while not typical for my hotel, and wish we would have connected during your stay.

Our hotel is a brand new facility which was built from the ground up. We opened in December of 2008 so we are 5 years and half years in business. I would consider our location a best option to Manhattan. We are not by any means Manhattan city center. Our area is developing each day with more dining options, entertainment and cultural sites to visit. You do however have to venture out to see them just like you would in Manhattan. They are walkable and a short ride b train or taxi.

Great to hear that the Front Desk Staff were friendly. The location of your room would not afford you a view of Manhattan or Queens this time. For future visits please request one so we can try to accommodate you or purchase the room type so its guaranteed. I'm very taken back about the cleanliness issues. While you have pointed out very obvious details in your room, did you every contact a staff member about these concerns? If any part of your stay is not perfect we want to know about it. Holiday Inn recently changed their pillow program and our property finished the install of new larger pillows sorry they were not up to your standard. We could have made your stay more enjoyable should you had given us the opportunity to. For this I apologize again.

Since this is your first visit to NYC, I would have chosen to stay in Manhattan as well. Although you get more value by staying in the outskirts. I understand we didn't meet your expectation however if there's an opportunity to contact me directly, I would like to get more information on your stay and offer you a better experience guaranteed. Please feel free to contact me at rbianchi@himanview.com or call 718-707-3700 as ask for the General Manager.

Thank you again for your time and travel safely and hope you can visit NYC sometime again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Island City
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#5 of 31 in Long Island City
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long ...
#2 of 31 in Long Island City
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 31 in Long Island City
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
#275 of 467 in New York City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 10,846 reviews
Wyndham Garden Long Island City ...
#13 of 31 in Long Island City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,094 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!