Ok, why come to NYC if you are gonna just stay in your room the whole time? I dont understand the bad reviews.
The AC worked like a champ, almost too good. The view was nice. The subway was RIGHT THERE, 2 stops away from central park. The staff was awesome and gave us free subway maps and NYC maps. They even called a cab for us on the last morning of our stay. Flat screen TV, and room service was solid. The gym had treadmills with tv's and a pool.
The bad: We only ate at the Hotel on the last night of our stay and the restaurant was understafed, we waited 2 hrs to get in and out. The rooms are kinda small, but for 2, they are fine. No good restaurants close to the hotel, you have to go to Manhattan for that.
The ugly: Well, its Queens, West Queens at that. I never felt scared for my safety while walking to the subway, but needless to say I kept my Queens foot travel to a minimum.
Other than that, the stay was solid, keep in mind...If you want extreme luxury, go spend the extra loot and stay at the Waldorf. If you want a good place to crash after hitting the town hard, look no further.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View New York/Long Island City