All reviews auto repair budget hotel midtown manhattan room was clean neighborhood fridge subway stops station
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

When i arrived at the hotel the receptionist told me that i have to wait for a room to be cleaned EVEN THOUGH I HAD a reservation. And when I requested extension in time for checkout she refused. HORRIBLE

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2018

Obviously, you'll choose this hotel if you're budget-conscious and/or don't like to spend money on such symbolic things as a hotel somewhere in a pretty Manhattan location.

As a budget hotel/hostel, it's good, serves the purpose. I can't comment on the hostel rooms as we stayed in a private double room, which was perfectly fine, and also commanded nice views to Manhattan. And not just views - Manhattan is only 2 stops by subway, so we had no problem getting anywhere we wanted to get to.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2018

This establishment is combination hotel/hostel. The public areas are very hostel-like, Spartan, no frills. There isn't a comfortable lobby you'll want to spend time in. And there are a lot of young travelers from all over the world. But, the room was spacious by NY standards, exceptionally clean, and quiet. It was everything we needed. The building is squeezed in between auto repair businesses and the neighborhood is not as inviting as Park Avenue, but it served its purpose and was really affordable. Plus, its convenient to NYC. We walked across the Queensboro Bridge to Columbus Circle in Manhattan in about an hour and fifteen minutes. The subway ride is only about 15 minutes. So, if all you're looking for is an affordable, comfortable, clean place to stay, close to midtown Manhattan, this fits the bill. If the hotel has to be part of your experience, meaning a comfy lobby, hotel bar, ambience, et cet., this is not the place for you. We'd stay there again.

Room tip: Upper floors are quieter. We were on the 8th and heard no noise at all.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I traveled so much and still traveling and staying in different places . This place is the friendliest , the safest and the most cleanest I ever been .
They have honest and detailed housekeeping stuff .

I lost some of my personal items in the Hotel and housekeeping found it and brought it to the Front Desk -so thankful ! They are knowledgeable about area and nice restaurant . This is amazing location , walk to Astoria and you will see a small Europe there .
I certainly recommend this place to anyone . Wonderful experience !

Room tip: book this place and you won't regret it
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank stahoces s
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Giorgio Hotel last Sunday. At check-in, the front desk scanned both my passport and my debit card. I complained at the time about scanning my card. I hostel a lot and no one does that. Now it’s the following Saturday, and I have fraudulent charges appearing on my card. I rarely use that card and always with its chip for protection. I called the Giorgio’s management office to find out who had access to my information. They put me on hold for 30 minutes and then hung up on me. I called back and they hung up immediately.

Stay here at your own risk.

FYI: The rooms are tiny. The common room is a couple of couches, a TV, and a billiards table in a dingy basement where the hostel washes its sheets. The surrounding neighborhood is basically low-income housing, strip clubs, auto shops and warehouses; so shady.

Trip type: Travelled solo