County Inn and Suites Long Island City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
Nesva Hotel(Long Island City)
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Long Island City(Long Island City)
  • Restaurant
Boro Hotel(Long Island City)
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)
1,910 results
All reviewsgas stationbagelstimes squarenew yorkfree breakfastqueensboro plazamicrowave and fridgecity viewper nightcentral parkqueens plazaconvenience storehot breakfasttwo blockscoffee makerfelt safemetro card
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We are loyal to stay with a hotel line and have always been pleased with the Country Inn and Suites. This property was the exception. The price (for NYC area) and location (easy subway access) were the pros. The property is very dirty. The first thing you see when you walk in the lobby is a torn/tattered couch and the side of a chair that has something crusty dried on it, and crooked light sconces with only 1 light working. I told myself "it's just needing a little cleaning after a busy day of guests coming and going." Sadly, that wasn't the case. The room we were assigned was in the basement (which was okay with us, though it seemed odd since we booked months in advance). On check-in we were told "if you aren't happy with the room, call us in the morning after 9"...we weren't sure what to make of that comment. I asked what he meant since we had not even seen the room. He said "some people just don't like the basement...but rooms are all about the same". Things went downhill from there. The carpets in the hallway were not only in need of a good sweep (and stayed that way the entire visit), but were terribly stained and worn. To the point of gross. Our room was very small but functional. The bathroom was very small and only had a tiny space to put a few toiletries around the sink area. Not what we usually find in the Country Inn and Suites, but we knew we could make do. There were smears and crusted "stuff" here and there on the walls in the room. Easy to wipe and clean, but clearly had not been done. The cooling system was loud and pipes thumped. The breakfast area was disgusting. I literally would not let me kids eat anything that could be spoiled. My husband had a boiled egg that was green tinted and lukewarm. The handles on the silver heat servers were never cleaned the entire stay. I know this because there were crusted over pieces of food on the handle and those pieces stayed there the entire visit. I went in for a hot tea one night and found that the counters in the breakfast room still had crumbs from breakfast all over them. Every knob or handle that I touched had sticky on them. Gross and so unnecessary. If you plan to park in the lot that is across the street, be aware that the price will not necessarily be what is quoted you by the hotel. On arrival, we discovered that our cost per day would be higher because we were in a mini-van, not a car. And despite the lot attendant telling you "it will be safe", don't presume it will be. We left with a 3 inch wide scrap on the front of our van. We are not complainers and can usually make the best of about anything. Unfortunately, that did not serve us well this time. We should have checked out after the first night. We were there just under a week and we were all very ready to get out of there by the end of the stay. The price may draw you, but we would have paid more to feel good about putting our luggage on the floors or to have breakfast without wondering if it was safe to eat. Enjoyed the fun things NYC had to offer, but definitely do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mary_H_C_M526RR
CarlsonRezidor, online customer support at County Inn and Suites Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My family stayed here only one night because we had a party at riccardos by the bridge, didnt feel like driving back so late. The room was clean, didnt give me the skeevies, and i wasnt afraid to let the kids walk on the carpet barefoot. It was a great night sleep, although we turned the air conditioner off because that boy can blow! i guess thats a good thing, the alternative is unthinkable. The next morning we woke up to get breakfast, which is complimentary. Its a nice spread, you cant get in most hotels in NY. Waffle iron, bagels, toast, fruit, juice, grits, eggs, sausages, cereal. its a great place for tourist because its very close to NY, but not in the city, so you dont get those astronomical city prices.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank beautifulmount
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Dirty outside. Staff cares NOTHING about Carlson Reward members. Make sure you get what you pay for - if you don't, you won't. I had reserved city view room which is either 7th, 8th or 9th floor. I call to see if can have early check in- 1 hour they say - that works. I show up they put me on 4th floor. NOT city view. If they had simply explained they could check me in early, but it would not be what I was paying for, I could have changed my schedule to not need early check in. He kept telling me "I can't tell people they have to leave their room just for YOU to have the room!" I certainly wasn't looking for that - I just wanted to have been advised if I needed the early check in I would have to forfeit the city view. They would rather argue with you than just listen to an unreasonable request and attempt to work with you. The "luggage storage" is just stuffing luggage in front lobby. No claim tag/ticket, etc. ANYONE could walk up and take your belongings. Room was not horrible, but not completely clean either. Headboard had something ick & crusty on it. Carpeting was WET. Bathroom was not too bad, but have definitely seen cleaner. Bed appeared to be clean (I hope it was). Asked if taxis came by regularly. Said could call me a car. He asked where I was going - gave him the address - which is Manhattan. He asked me three times on the phone where the address was - gave it each time. Told me car would cost between $15-$17 (which is in keeping with a cab), so I made a reservation. I came down for my ride (had very little time wiggle room). As he is walking me to car, front desk guy asks AGAIN what is the address? Thought that odd. I get in the car, driver asks address. For about 6th time - give info - driver says "Oh - you want Manhattan - that is minimum $25." At this point I have had it. I got out and walked to the gas station next door and luckily found a cab available, who took me right away and charged me $13.00. Checkout - the night before I asked for my 1 hour late check out the next day as a Carlson Silver Elite member. He says only if no one needs the room. I asked if he could check - he says he will in the morning. I asked could he please check now, as I would need to know before I head out early. Begrudgingly he did, argued a little more says someone needs the room. I asked him how they could need it before 1pm - when it was him and his coworker who so eloquently informed ME at checkin that they could not go and tell people to leave for me! Finally he says I can only give you ONE HOUR! That is all I wanted to begin with!! Why the whole production?? Good grief!! Best part of my stay? LEAVING. I had even read reviews before I went and called Carlson Customer service and tried to head off any potential issue. They could not they said and let them know if anything happens. Good Grief. Also - only thing I have to say to the reviewer that said this was "one of the nicest Country Inn and Suites we have been in, it looked fairly new." must have stayed in some super nasty hotels! An old hotel, I can deal with - but not dirty and especially NOT argumentative staff!
I think it is time start working my Hilton Rewards Card instead of my Carlson Card.

Room Tip: Stick to your guns if you reserved and paid extra for a city view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Modean R
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at County Inn and Suites Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay and the lack of excellent guest service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I arrived at Country Inn shortly after 3pm and met 2 couples already seated waiting in the lobby. Once I provided the front desk staff with my name and she checked the system she advised that my room was being cleaned and I needed to wait a few minutes. About 15 mins later I was in my room. Since this was the first time that I ever reached a hotel after the stated check-in time and my room was not ready, I decided to chronicle events as they occur. First thing I noticed the lamp on the desk was not coming on. House-keeping was called and a gentleman arrived promptly to resolve the matter. Later upon removing my slippers and walking on the carpet bare feet I discovered the carpet was wet under my feet. I did not bother to call to report. Early the next morning before 7am I was awaken to the sounds of loud noises and horns blowing. On day 2 I stayed in my room and was rewarded to the loud and somewhat argumentative tone of the staff in a room next door for several well hours. I decided to turn the tv on but it did not come on. I called front desk and here again someone promptly came to check out the tv. After some fiddling the tv came on and the staff said to me that I need to press the remote button hard. I'm thinking why not just replace the batteries or replace the remote itself if it is faulty. Day 3 - noise again on the street below before 7am. Breakfast or the lack of it was a dismal affair. Watery and I literally mean watery oatmeal was awaiting guests. The hot breakfast which consisted of what resembled rubbery eggs, diced potatoes and sausage links was depleted by 9:30am despite more guests arriving it was not replenished. I stayed until 10am just to see whether at some point more would be brought out. Did I mention the juice machine was not working? Juice were placed in jugs. The orange liquid is indeed Tang as stated by other reviewers. The juices were room temperature. To further exasperate matters the breakfast room was extremely hot like the a/c had been shut off. Day 4 - Well it appeared that all the guests converged at the same time on Saturday morning to the breakfast room. There was a line! The breakfast room was over-crowded. There was only 1 machine to service all the guests for tea/coffee and of course the machine was super slow. Be advised that you cannot make an international or overseas call from the hotel. You will have to purchase a phone card, meaning you cannot even use your credit card to make the call. I went to the front desk to borrow a scissors. When I reached my room I discovered it was broken. I immediately called the front desk to report the broken scissors and requested another 1. I was told they did not have the spare scissors at the moment which implied there was 1. The wi-fi went down after 10pm. Day 5 Sunday - I got up really early for breakfast. This day they had a wider variety of breads and pastries. I returned the broken scissors to a different staff on the front desk and ask for the spare. I said this 1 is broken. He looks at the scissors and goes, "I don't know what happen. It was working yesterday? I'm thinking "Really?" you were not even on duty yesterday. I spent the day out of the hotel on Sunday and arrived back at the hotel around 11pm. I just wanted to take a hot shower and go to bed because I had an early morning flight. I called the front desk to arrange transportation to the airport. The staff on duty would not answer the phone! It would ring for awhile and then go to the automated recording. I had to go downstairs in order to get attention. I can more or less understand if it was 3 or 4am but not even midnight!
The pros of this property is that they offer a complimentary breakfast and free wi-fi. There are also 2 subway stations within walking distance.There are a few restaurants nearby. It is non-smoking.The cons breakfast is nothing spectacular. The wi-fi is slow and goes down frequently. Do not expect to sleep-in in a darkened room because the heavy curtains do not pull across the window. The water pressure in the toilet was low and to get hot water you have to basically turn it all the way on hot. All in all if you are only looking for a place to sleep and only require the bare necessities then by all means check out Country Inn & Suites. The staff are polite and will assist when requested but here again do not expect them to go above and beyond.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th floor. The room overlooked a taxi-cab service station of some sort. I have read where other travellers recommend the 8th or 9th floor. I cannot really speak to this. The room however was large if you require the extra space.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Brenda M
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at County Inn and Suites Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

I want to ensure that you know that we appreciate all guest feedback. Thank you for the insight regarding your experience with our staff and bed. We hope you'll return to enjoy the continuous improvements made in our policies, accommodations and services.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here one night prior to a cruise. The property is very nice. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. One of the nicest Country Inn and Suites we have been in, it looked fairly new. The front desk staff were were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast room was very nice and had the typical Country Inn breakfast items. More selections were available the earlier you arrived, but there was still plenty to choose from later in the morning.

There is a computer station in front of the front desk, we did not use it, so not sure the capabilities. The lobby was small, but very nice and included a small library of books and a fireplace.

The bed was very comfortable and the linens/towels nice. There is a microwave and refrigerator of needed. There was also a clock, hair dryer & flat screen TV. The room was quiet.
It is a non-smoking hotel. Free wi-fi as well.

While the hotel is not close to the sights as far as walking, there is a subway station close by, which we did not use. We're from the south and have not been to NY in about 15 years, so just were not comfortable venturing forth! There is a gas station right next door with anything you could need; food, drinks, items forgotten for trip, etc. Cabs are driving past the hotel all the time and easy to get one. A cab to Times Square was about $15.00. A cab from the airport to
the hotel was about $18.00. The money you save on the cost of the room more than gives you enough for subway/cabs to the sightseeing areas and is still much less expensive than the higher priced rooms near the sights, if you're on a budget.

The hotel called a car service to take us to the pier, was $35.00, but you could easily hail a cab on the street and save a few dollars I imagine. When we returned, a cab from the pier to the airport was $45.00, they had some streets closed off for a parade and we ended up going through some area that added a $5.00 toll or something. Not being from the area, don't know if we were "taken" for a ride or not! It was still less than the $40.00 per person (4 of us - $120.00) the cruise line wanted to take us to the airport.

Make sure you have the exact street address for the pier if going there, The car service driver had no clue where pier 88 was! He had to stop the car so I could rifle through my suitcase in the trunk, and find the address!

Would highly recommend this property, especially if just for an overnight, but again, cabs and subways make it easy to get to other parts of the city. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank bingo3

On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and appreciate what you have shared regarding our staff and bed. We hope you'll return someday to see how we continue to grow thanks to valuable guest feedback.