Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Giorgio Hotel(Long Island City)
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Long Island City(Long Island City)
  • Restaurant
Boro Hotel(Long Island City)
  • Restaurant
Nesva Hotel(Long Island City)
1,924 results
All reviewsnew yorksubway stationf linethe breakfast areabagelsfree breakfastqueens bridgerockefeller centertimes squarebeds were very comfortablenever felt unsafeaffordable hotelfree parkingcentral parkthe empire state buildingeasy accessmanhattan view
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The Hotel said it had limited parking, so when we arrived very late at night we were not surprised that there was no parking. We finally found a parking spot on a street a couple of blocks away. When we checked in we were told that we needed to move the vehicle by 8:30 AM as they were cleaning the streets, and that by then there should be parking available, due to guests checking out. We got up at 8am and went down to the front desk. the same gentleman from the night before was there. I asked him where the parking lot was, and he said it was full again because new guests had checked in. I was surprised he had not saved a spot for us. ( there are only16 spaces they share with another hotel) I asked him where we could park, at this point another gentlemen took over and said if we circled the block we could wait for the street sweeper to clean across the street and then we could park there He said the truck would be coming by in about 10 minutes. We circled various blocks for 1hr and 20 minutes, seeing cops writing tickets to anyone parked. We finally saw the street sweeping truck. circled back around behind the truck and parked. It was then that a man who must have seen us circling with out of state tags. told us that if we parked on the street before 10:30AM we would get a ticket. We circled back round to the hotel, I left the engine running and went to the hotel front desk. I was pretty upset and asked the man why he had told me to wait for the street sweeper to come by (10min) and then park, when he knew I would be given a ticket. He said he was just trying to be helpful. I asked him how on earth was getting me an expensive NYC parking ticket being helpful? He just stared at me and them said if I did not want a ticket I would need to go several blocks north and park at a meter. I just looked at him in disbelief and asked him why he had told me that an hour and a half earlier!!! He just looked at me. We finally found a space at a meter. It had a 1hr limit. We ran back to the Hotel had a quick shower, grabbed our stuff and checked out, no time for breakfast or even a cup of coffee, so we could get back to our car before the meter ran out. The icing on the cake was when we realized in our haste we had left a plastic bag behind with an apple computer charger, a pair of prescription glasses and an arm brace. We called the hotel, and they told us that they had not found them. We have stayed in budget hotels from Cuba to South Korea and have never had a worse experience!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank SheilaGVirginia
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I like this place, but visitors should be aware that the hotel borders the largest project in the United States, Queensbridge. The F train is 3 blocks away but please be careful to and from the subway.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank shockmaster
Reviewed 22 July 2012

What's not too like. Rooms are clean, breakfast is ok (although very busy, and had to take away to my room), location is ideal for getting to and from the airport, and only a handful of stops away from Times Sq. Not located in the nicest part of town, but the subway is only a 2 minute walk, and felt safe enough. Would definitely stay here again, as you're probably saving $100 a night on staying in an equivalent hotel in Manhattan.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank hemelbee
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Pretty nice hotel, conveniently located in 10 min time to central Manhattan
Perfect quality-to-price choice with good service (accomodation & food)

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Valentin R
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Our family of 5 stayed at this property for 4 nights while we toured around Manhattan during the day. The staff were very helpful. Let it be known that this property is in a sketchy area. We stayed here because we had a car and did not want to deal with it in Manhattan. The property only has 15 parking stalls according to a front desk person so needless to say we parked on the street the 4 nights we were there. We did not have a problem. We had issues with our room safe not working and they replaced it for us.There are really no amenities to speak of that are near the hotel. Or that you would feel safe to walk to at night. The subway only a block and a half away and it is only 2 stops to Manhattan. The free breakfast was always satisfying. They definitely have issues with their wifi. I would often get a message that said that too many users were logged in therefore I couldn't log in??? I would eventually get on. I would recommend this property to anyone who is travelling to Manhattan and does not want to pay the Manhattan rates. Our room view was excellent we looked out at the Queensborough Bridge and Manhattan Skyline.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family