I've stayed here several times before when this hotel was a different franchise. But it still seems to be the same management. For visitors who know the area or are here on local or family matters, this might be a good budget choice. But for visitors looking for the pulse of New York experience, this might not be such a good location. The hotel is across the 59th street bridge from Manhattan but is easily accessible by the F subway line. However, tourist resources in the vicinity of this hotel are nil. Rooms are generally of moderate size but maintenance suffers because of the constant turnover of budget visitors. For example, when the lodgers above showered in the morning, water leaked down through my lighting fixture. And even with all the lights on, my room was still quite dim. My observation is that a good number of the guests are Europeans more comfortable with staying in out of the way neighborhoods and riding public transportation. They were down to the free breakfast early and snapped up the best food choices before I got there at 8 or so. My room had a fridge, iron, closet and drawer space but not enough hangers. The ice machine was in the breakfast area so I had to take the elevator or stairs each time I needed to re-fill the bucket. I will say that the Wi-Fi was free and worked O.K. This hotel seems best for those who just need a bed and some free breakfast treats and don't mind the public commute. If you bring a car, there is some parking on-site. Street parking is also available. If you choose to store your bags on the day you leave (or if you arrive too early to check in) there is a small fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York