“A great alternative to New Jersey hotels for NYC”

Sleep Inn - Long Island City
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
Montreal, Canada
“A great alternative to New Jersey hotels for NYC”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I used to stay in New Jersey while visiting New York City. No more. Queens borough is a great alternative. Sleep Inn hotel is just 3 blocks from a subway station, in a bad looking section, but secure.

Room Tip: Odd rooms have Manhattan view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We booked through choice hotels and had a comfortable stay. Parking spots are limited and this was our biggest concern. Fortunately, we got a spot and it was a good experience. I wish it were possible to reserve spots immediately upon booking but understand how that can be hard. Street parking is available and it seemed fine. Breakfast is consistent with what you can expect from 2/3 star hotels.

Two metro stations nearby - 21 st and Queensboro Plaza. It was sufficient to get around the city easily.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roshin_Shilpa
SleepInnLIC, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn - Long Island City, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a wonderful review. We are extremely glad that you enjoyed your to stay to the full extent. At Sleep Inn - LIC we aim to provide our best services and amenities in order to make all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable. We hope that you will come stay with us again very soon.

Best Regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

First time in New York and what a time I had. I wish I had placed a review online when I stayed but here goes.

Reception was clean and staff was very friendly.

View from our window was amazing overlooking the bridge I couldn' describe how nice it looked while the sun was out.

Rooms were totally clean and so was the bathroom.

round the corner from the hotel there is a shop which has a deli bar which serves all sorts of food for you so I would recommend you try it out as its really nice and cheap.

Queensbridge station is a 5min walk which will get you into town etc. The subline did confuse me a little but as my bestie has been there plenty of times I felt safe and we didn't encounter any problems.

Breakfast was lovely and they have a microwave so if you do bring food back you can always warm this up.

I travelled here in May-June 2012. Totally awesome trip and will go back.

Room Tip: From what I remember the rooms at the back are normally the quieter, although this may have changed...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Deanie20002000
Castlebar 0000
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Booked through booking.com.Got a great rate.Was pleasantly surprised with the amount of space in the room-unusual for New York.Breakfast was included and there was a nice selection from cereal, yogurt, eggs, bagels, juice, fruit,coffee etc. You could eat as much as you liked.Housekeeping do a fantastic job very clean room and bathroom. 3 minute walk from 21st Queensbridge subway. F train brings you to Coney Island or Mamhatten.Can connect to it from JFK airtrain. Neighbourhood looks a little unsafe but we were walking from subway after 11 and encountered no problems.There is a grocery store on the corner which also has a deli.Didn't buy food there so can't comment on that.Staff in hotel very friendly.Would stay here again& recommend it to others

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Gogo135
SleepInnLIC, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn - Long Island City, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We highly appreciate your most wonderful review. It is our great pleasure that we were able to provide you with a comfortable and satisfactory stay. We hope to continue our best of services so that all of our guests may enjoy the same quality of stay that you have enjoyed. Come see us again soon.

Best regards,
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A new hotel directly between the Sleep in and Manhattan is blocking what used to be an excellent view. The Queensboro bridge is still fully visible, but it's not as great as it used to be.
The hotel even though it is new, is not perfectly cleaned. The room was good, but they need to step up the cleaning work in the rest of the facilities.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank geomtol .
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of your stay with us. Your review is very helpful to provide us with insight with what we can improve on. We understand the inconvenience of the location of the new hotel, and hope that as we improve our hotel and services our guests will feel more satisfied with their stay. Hope you come visit us again soon and have a more pleasant visit next time.

Best Regards,
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The sleep inn at long island was very good
good points
a) Room was extremely clean and free from cigar smoke smell
b) Breakfast is free and is served between 6:30am and 10am. It is continental style food. I just loved the place. it is very well maintain. the lady who prepares breakfast was very courteous.
c)Front desk personnel and very helpful
d) I reached at 4am from Michigan, i did not get the parking space. I parked my car on street side for 3 days during July 4th weekend. The place may be a little lonely but I didnt find it unsafe.
e) The room has a hair dryer, high speed internet, a safe (in which you can keep your valuables), a small fridge, an LCD TV, an alarm clock, coffee machine, very good AC.
f) the hotel is close to one of the subway stations. This helped us travel back and forth to the city. The hotel is just 3.5 miles away from Empire state building. Goto the subway, take a F train and you will reach in about 20-25 mins

negative points
a) I didnt find any

Room Tip: this hotel is 3.5 miles away from the empire state building and only about 0.2 miles to the subway...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Sunil Kumar P
SleepInnLIC, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn - Long Island City, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your wonderful review, it was our pleasure to accommodate you to the best of our ability. Your review is very encouraging in continuing to provide the best services for our guests. We hope that future guests will also find their stay as excellent as you have. Come visit us again for your next visit to NYC.

Best regards,
Goiania, GO
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Management is not HONEST whatsoever. When I made the reservation I was given the amount of US$1,319.90 by trip advisor. When was time to pay I´d paid $ 1,492.22 and it was not the sales tax. Upon my request of why the rates were higher I was given the answer that they can vary the rates according to demand. Thus, pick another hotel if you need honesty.
In addition, after making the payment an auxiliar manager came to ask me for an extra $ 100.00 for deposit. I´ve told him that I would not pay that because it was not in my contract with trip advisor. End up not paying it.

Witer DeSiqueira, esq.

Room Tip: Rooms are very small, if you have big stuff to carry forget about their rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business