Sleep Inn - Long Island City
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$245
US$240
US$152
US$148
Red Lion Inn & Suites Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$219
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$115
US$162
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$213
  • Breakfast included
Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$146
  • Breakfast included
Nesva Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$170
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Z NYC Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
US$306
US$262
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$220
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewssubway stationnew yorkf linethe breakfast areaminute walkfree breakfasttimes squarehotel is locateddonutsfelt safemidtown manhattanlong islandyanineighborhoodstopscityrockefeller
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My family and I enjoyed our one night stay. Very clean room. Delicious breakfast. Wonderful city view and very close to the Subway. The staff was efficient, helpful and very cordial. I recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Maricarmen G
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed it. Like other reviewers, the neighborhood seems sketchy, but we had no problems. Super convenient to subway. No onsight laundry, but laundromat right around the corner. Great views of city. Parking garage under hotel is pay lot and super tight to navigate through. We has a Nissan exterra and it was nerve wreaking turning the corner. Staff super helpful and breakfast was standard.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank masimonsc
Reviewed 23 July 2014

As a Choice Privileges Diamond member, I stay at Choice branded properties frequently, of which Sleep Inn is one. This particular Sleep Inn was one of the best of the brand that I have ever stayed in.

The staff are pleasant, efficient, helpful, and cordial. I was checked in by a cheerful front desk person and was on my way to the room in no time. The room was of ample size, with the typical Sleep Inn furnishings - 2 comfortable beds, work desk with ample space, wall-mounted HDTV, in room coffee, and a nice view of the NYC skyline. Bathroom was spotless, with ample hot water for the shower. This may have been a handicapped room, because the bathroom door was extra large and there was room where a wheelchair could have rolled up to the sink.

A nice touch was that in the elevator, the floors where ice, soda, and snack machines were located were clearly noted by the floor buttons.

The neighborhood itself is a bit run down, but the location turned out to be quite good - about 2-3 blocks to the closest subway stop (F Train) and a few blocks more to Queensboro Plaza subway, where a variety of lines converge. The F train makes it very convenient to get into Manhattan (2 stops) or to LaGuardia (1 stop to 74th Street/Roosevelt Ave, then catch the express Q70 bus to LGA), and if you're going to the Mets game, you can catch the 7 train from Queensboro Plaza. There is a 24 hour small grocery about 2 blocks from the hotel, on the walk to/from the subway.

Two things to be aware of - for informational purposes only.

First, the hotel does ask to make a copy of your personal ID when you check in. Normally I consider this a BIG red flag and decline permission to make copies, as it is very risky to copies of one's personal identification floating around, no matter how good a hotel's security policies may be. I personally have had such copies misused in the past (NOT at this hotel - at 2 other hotels) and see no reason why a hotel of any quality should require this from guests. Normally I downgrade my Tripadvisor ratings when this happens, but in this case, I have not downgraded my rating, because when I explained my decline to the person who checked me in, they withdrew the request. But I mention this to let other travelers know that they may be asked to allow a copy to be made of their ID, and, from a personal identify protection standpoint, I would strongly encourage such guests to decline to allow the copy to be made. I also mention it in the hope that hotel management sees this comment and gets rid of what is an ill-advised and invasive policy.

Second - most Sleep Inns have a 24-hour coffee service set up for guests. This one apparently doesn't. No big deal; just mentioning it so you'll know.

Overall - a very nice hotel, well run, and surprisingly well located for trips into Manhattan and to/from LaGuardia, but not at a Manhattan price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank step12dude
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I thought this hotel was great for my purposes. It was a typical Sleep Inn layout, clean, and the staff was unusually friendly and helpful. Hats off to them. I enjoyed to low cost accommodations that are so close to the Subway.
The only issue with the hotel is the proximity to a very large public housing project. I walked to and from the subway a dozen times, only one time did it feel uncomfortable. The local residence tend to be hanging around outside from about 8 pm to 11pm. During that time it can be a little intimidating. The streets are dirty but that is typical of New York. There are two small markets, a chinese to go place and a subway sandwich shop...
I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This is my fourth time staying with them. The price is fairly cheap and the rooms are always clean. It seems to be in the not so safest neighborhood at first, but it's not bad at all. There is also some pretty good local eateries right outside the hotel. The breakfast is pretty good as well. The breakfast line gets pretty long so be there pretty early. It's served from 6:30-930. What's perfect about this hotel is its location to a train stop It's right next to the train stop. And it's less than 20 minutes and you are in the grand Central station JFK or LGA. This is by far my favorite hotel in long Island city.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Matrell E
SleepInnLIC, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn - Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review, it is our great pleasure that you have enjoyed many stays with us. We hope to maintain our great credibility with you and with other guests as well. Hope that your review encourages many new guests who will find the same great experience as yourself.

Best regards,