Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Nice little hotel if you don't mind that the location is a little out of the way. On the plus side, there is a subway station just a couple of blocks from the hotel so if you need to go into Manhattan or anywhere else in the greater NYC area you're not too far from public transportation that will get you there. The staff was friendly, our room was clean, and we didn't experience any issues during our stay. I would stay here again if I ever have a reason to be in the Long Island City area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Anup C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.. We hope to see you soon.

Best Regards on behalf of myself and our Staff

Elias Psarros
GM

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

It has the chance to be an insider tip for Manhattan skyline. We had there some cocktails which good and enjoy the skyline over the Queens Bridge. Cool... Price: ok, Service: ok, location: top, Guest: nobody/silent ....
Next time will be visit this bar again. Perfekt for chilling and enjoying the skyline.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marcel H

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable comments . We ca'nt wait to have you back.

Regards on behalf of myself and our staff

Elias Psarros
GM

Reviewed 1 August 2014

It's a solid little hotel. The rooms are comfortable, the views are great, even if you're not overlooking Manhattan. It's a three block walk to Queensboro Plaza, which has a number of trains running through it allowing for quick access to various parts of the city.

Some have complained about the neighborhood; it is a working-class and industrial area, but it's safe (I've lived in New York and I'd be happy to live in that neighborhood), so no need to be alarmed.

Do note that the hotel has a club on a semi-basement level, and on weekends the sound from it travels up to the lower floors. I didn't mind the noise, but those who might should consider bringing earplugs or the like.

The staff were very helpful, attentive, and courteous -- no complaints there. Easy access from LaGuardia airport, easy enough from Newark, not terribly easy from JFK.

I'd absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Manhattan view. Ask for a room on a higher floor for a quieter stay on the w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Lois S
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We chose this hotel because we were coming in from Pennsylvania and needed to be in the Bronx the next morning. I didn’t want to fight Manhattan traffic in the morning, so this seemed to make sense. It worked out great! First the parking; there is limited parking under the hotel, accessed by a steep drive just to the left of the main entrance of the hotel. We had a hard time finding it because there was truck parked in the drive, but nice we did (and they moved) it was good. The lobby is bright and modern and we were greeted warmly upon arrival. The room was spacious, modern and comfortable. We ended up going to a Mets game that night (they won!), so walked the few blocks to the 7 train and was there quick and easy. Others have mentioned that the neighborhood was sketchy, but we didn’t find it that way at all. My 16 year old daughter and I felt very safe walking back to the hotel after the game. We had breakfast int he dining room the next morning, which was your typical hotel breakfast (off the menu) with some healthy options thrown in. I would stay here again if the need arises.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fossettes
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I didn't stay at the rooms of the hotel but I had a drink with some friends at the roof top in the Vista Sky Lounge bar of the hotel. The view is very nice and the kind service also. This place could be more promoted with parties and more music to be more visited and known. Informal dressing is the best choice because it is not something special as a bar!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly K
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel one night for business in the beginning of July and i must say i was very satisfied! I booked the king balcony room at a good price, the views of new york City were absolutely breathtaking from my room on the 8th floor. Shortly after getting settled in the front desk called my room asking if everything was ok and if i needed anything else..nice touch. Bed was comfy, and i had a great nights sleep .
The staff at this sheraton property are nice, and friendly. I had a meeting in manhattan to get too early the next morning and front desk showed me the shortest and fastest way into nyc. and fortunately subway is only a 3 min walk from the hotel. Very very convenient. I will be coming back for sure!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jaysammy159
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Jaysammy159,
We are delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations while staying with us. We aim to deliver exceptional customer service, and it’s our pleasure to give you the extra touches that make your stay memorable. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon. All the best.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Wonderful hotel with a great view. Staff was wonderful and was very helpful with everything. The rooftop bar was great with an amazing view. Cafe was also nice. Great location and very close to manhattan.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo