“Highly recommended!”
Review of Hotel Vetiver

Hotel Vetiver
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Hotel Vetiver was amazing! Truly a diamond in the rough. Clean rooms, comfy beds, cute bathrooms and friendly staff! Breakfast was convenient and has a decent amount of choice. The N and Q subway is very close and it is easy to get into Manhattan. Overall it was a great experience! I would most definitely return! Thank you hotel vetiver!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Missgreen16

Reviewed 20 August 2014

When we first arrived I was happy that there was a mini fridge and a stove just in case we needed to cook meals. However in my first night we found that there were many things wrong with the room. First day we did not have an in-room safe, one of the lamps on the bedside table was not working, one of the chandelier bulbs was also not working and it was quite dusty. Another thing was the toilet paper holder in the bathroom was broken. We received housekeeping on the third day and had a list of all the things wrong and by the time we got back everything had been fixed. Staff was very polite and compliant with our needs. Overall our stay was definitely very good but felt I paid much more than what I should have. However it was definitely very close to the subway which I liked. It was in a not too bad neighbourhood and there were many other hotels in the area but I definitely do not think there are the manhattan views that they talked about. Staying here again is a possibility.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristine C
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed with my two teenagers boys in this hotel gor 12 days. The room was spacous for the three of us with a view of the sky scrapers and the bridge from our balcony.It saw very clean and the staff was very polite and helpful in every question we had. We felt very safe when we came back late using the subway because there were usually other tourists moving aroudn as it is an area with many hotels. There were eating choices around if you were tired to go back to town. We really liked Central, just round the corner.The only thing that was disappoing is that they charged us 15 dollars for phone calls attempts I made from the room but I didnot actually speak as my husband did not answer the phone. In all, if I come back I willdefinitely stay here again as it offers an affordable accomodation close to Manhattan but without being overcharged.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank efi44
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had a wonderful stay at hotel Vetiver for seven days with our teenage daughters. First of all we were impressed with the friendly and very helpful staff. We love you Chris ;-) They helped us with ordering Yankee tickets and transportation to the airport at a fixed price. The room was clean, felt roomy, had a nice hot shower and was a perfect place to rest and unwind after a hectic day. Teenage girls could watch Netflix, so excellent Wifi. The location was perfect, 2 minute walk from subway, 10 minutes to Times Square. We had breakfast at Zante Diner next to subway station. We like a big breakfast and they provided a great quality for a reasonable price. Also on the same block you can find a convenience store for drinks and snacks and a restaurant, Dutch Kills, where we had a nice dinner. We did not have a view of the Manhattan skyline, nevertheless I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a comfortable, budget friendly stay in New York. I would certainly recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you don't mind staying a tiny bit out of Manhattan and taking the sub to get into the city (only 10 minutes, station is right around the corner!), this is your hotel!
Great rooms, clean, convenient, good breakfast and the best staff ever!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We were three people sharing a room with two double beds, and it was definitely worth every penny. The hotel is pretty and clean, the room was large enough and came with a balcony. The receptionist Chris was welcoming and very nice. The Subway to Manhattan took 10 minutes or so, which was fine - except when my shopping bags got a bit too heavy;) On the downside, the breakfast was a bit poor at 9.45 - only bagels with raisins left, and no more orange juice. So we learned to get up earlier. Another problem was the wifi, I could not get it to connect on the 8th floor, so I had to sit in the lobby to be online. This was only a problem for the iPhone and iPad devices (I also heard a couple of other people complaining, the receptionist tried to restart the router, but no use) for android phones it worked well everywhere. The A/C smelled a bit damp sometimes, could maybe do with a cleaning.

To sum up, for the price we paid it was an awesome hotel, and I would stay there again if I'm in New York on a budget trip once more.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Vetiver for an Anniversary Trip. We LOVED this hotel. The staff was not only polite, they went out of their way to answer any questions and help with whatever we needed. With the Subway station literally a two minute walk from the hotel, we could be in Manhattan in a matter of minutes. We never actually ate at the Hotel's breakfast as we found a quaint Diner on the corner at the Subway station named Zante's. The food was so amazing at Zante's that we ate breakfast there every morning. It is a great place to eat and people watch. Definitely recommend this hotel and Zante's Diner on the corner. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: As for an upper room with a balcony and a view of Manhattan, you won't be disappointed!