Super 8 Long Island City LGA Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ramada Long Island City(Long Island City)
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Giorgio Hotel(Long Island City)
    Good 3.5/5
    • Breakfast included
    Boro Hotel(Long Island City)
    Great 4.5/5
    • Breakfast included
    Best Western Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)
    • Breakfast included
    Hotel Vetiver(Long Island City)
    • Fitness centre
    Nesva Hotel(Long Island City)
    • Restaurant
    All reviewsroom was cleanfree parkingmr satishbel airenew yorkbasic hotelsubway stationlimited parkingmin walkper nightdinernycastorianeighborhoodconvinentmicrowavedesk
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 16 April 2012

Motel is in a half-decent part of town. Walking distance from the subway and free parking. Room was 'okay'. So I gave it a 2.

Other than that, SAVE YOURSELVES! I wish I could have found something else inspite of all of the above. I even tried cancelling but I had already paid so I would have forfeit my money. Plus it was too short of a notice to go find something else. It cost us $150. This place (taking everything into consideration including location, etc.) is NOT worth more than $65.

Motel smells 'weird' all the time. The staff is useless at best. Their check-in time is at 2:30 PM. I got there early (think 7:00 AM!) and willing to pay extra to get in but NO. Check-in = 2:30 PM. So I wasted a lot of time bumming about waiting to check in and put our stuff in and shower before going out on the town. I wasn't going to haul all my belongings when I went to sight-see. We just walked around in the area and went to some restaurant. First they told us that we can come back around 10:30 and they will have a room. So we did. Alas! No room. We were to wait longer. So getting us to come back was plain STUPID. In the interim I had to go to the bathroom but, there IS NO BATHROOM for patrons! I was already a customer because I had already paid ahead of time! Yet, there was NO WHERE I could go. And there isn't anywhere else I can go for another 2-3 blocks. THAT'S horrible.

There is NO hot water in the shower. I had to bathe using a mug and reaching out at the sink for hot water. I 'showered' one mug at a time. It was horrible! :(

And don't even get me started on the breakfast. Do you see the photo of the front desk of the motel? Well that's the lobby. And that's where the breakfast is. It's a few pitchers of juice and EXTRA SMALL stale muffins. There is a small table and one chair that you can sit on and it's RIGHT IN FRONT of that bullet-proof check-in window. We didn't eat this at all because the breakfast is only until 9:00 AM. We weren't awake then. We saw this when we had showed up on the first day to check in. Also, that day I had showed up and seen this, I was REALLY hungry but I was not tempted AT ALL to eat this. In fact, it killed my appetite. The juice pitchers were dirty and muffins looked [very] stale.

They are currently renovating because there's another hotel opening RIGHT NEXT TO THEM. It's currently under construction. So I suppose the owner feels threatened. (And he very well should!)

In conclusion, SAVE YOURSELVES and pay extra to go someplace else!

Room Tip: The best room would be any that is NOT at this motel!
    • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Schehrezade
    Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stay in budget hotels ($100-$140) in NYC every week for work. They are almost always next to a subway or highway, and usually fairly loud.

Cons: This gem is your typical low end name brand hotel. 2 story, no elevator, horrendous continental breakfast (danish, cereal, coffee), small rooms, outdated furnishings, etc.

Pros: Quiet - the hotels is 3-4 blocks from the nearest subway or highway and at the end of a street so there isn't even that much vehicle traffic. There are plenty of restaurants of all kinds within 5 blocks. You are still close to the subway, highways, and even Manhattan. The hourly rentals seem to be minimal.

Room Tip: Don't expect too much out of this except for a good nights sleep. Take a walk and see the restaurants on Broadway
    • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
    Reviewed 21 May 2011

I have been going to NYC for 25 years for work. This is the 1st time I have been shut out in getting a room for a 3 night stay in Manhattan. It was a last minute trip, and all the reasonable price rooms were not available. By "reasonable", in NY terms, I mean $300/night and under. So, it was either the airport area places or this place in just-over-the-river Long Island City. I took it out of desperation, at the inflated price of $299/night.

First off, I have to say the staff was very nice and helpful. When I checked in , they actually showed me 5 different rooms to pick from. Friendly people. But, the place is just not up to standard. Shabby rooms and dented furnishings. I know the room was cleaned and the linens changed each day, but the rooms need a major detailing in every area! Just hope you don't have neighbors, as the walls are paper thin. The do have a great coffee machine in the lobby, but the other breakfast offerings are scant. Plus, only one table, so i saw that a lot of people were taking bowls of cereal to their rooms. No fitness room. Didn't have my laptop, so don't know about internet access. New flat-screen TV's in room was about the only up-grade I could see.

Now, the location. If you have a car, they have free parking. If not, the subway is about a 10 min. walk up Broadway. At first, me being used to Manhattan, I thought I was going to be stuck in some dangerous ugly neighborhood. I was wrong-its actually a pretty interesting and lively area- Broadway past 21st St. has a lot of nice places to eat-lots of people on the streets. Plus, right on the corner is the great 24 hr. Bel-Air Diner. I ate there twice, and found it full of the real New yorkers you don't see in the Manhattan places.
    It was pretty good!

All and all, i can't say it was a great value at the money I paid, but that's New York!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
    1  Thank mab313
    Reviewed 17 September 2010

The bullet proof glass at checking threw me off but checked in anyway this is NY after all...got to the 1st room and i was scared into a new one just like it! The smell of smoke was overwhelming and I am an occasional smoker. And there were ants already occupying the room so I left. Did not ask for my money back just went to another hotel. Had them call me a cab, and I think it was the guy at the front desks cousin with a town car. He was friendly and reasonably priced. The staff was very very very nice and helpful. I am all for a 1 star hotel just not that one.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
    1  Thank goddessmax
    Reviewed 18 May 2010

Stayed there because we needed a hotel room in NYC in a short term, as we decided spontaneously on our East-Coast-Round-Trip to stay the last night´s also in NYC - after staying the first seven nights in that great city. The room was very small but clean. The small bathroom seemed to be clean but stunk a bit. The neighbourhood didn´t look safe - on a first view - but it was. We´ve seen no trouble - going and coming at all times. The subway is a ten minute foot walk along Brodway - where you can go for breakfast or grab something on the way. So overall i would say: You can go there, but I will not really recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple