“A gem in LIC!”
Review of Alobar

Alobar
Reserve with OpenTable
Alobar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 47 Ave. & 46 Rd.
Transit: One Stop from Grand Central Station on the 7 train, Vernon/Jackson Stop, 21st. Stop on the G train., 23rd St/Ely Ave. on the E train, B62 Train from Brooklyn, Q103 Train to Astoria
Estero, Florida
“A gem in LIC!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stopped by after church and enjoyed a wonderful brunch and bloody Marys. The staff was friendly, service was good and the food was great. It is quaint and beautifully decorated. We are always excited to find fun, new places to go for a meal.

• Visited March 2014

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Quaint, Neighborhood Bar and Restaurant”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We were visiting our granddaughter in LI City this past weekend and she and her fiancee took us out to dinner here. Cocktails were reasonable and very good for the price. Decent selection of beers and wines by the glass or bottle. The atmosphere is very cozy and the kitchen is plainly visible to the patrons. The menu, while not extensive, offers Pates and Cheeses as well as several small plates for appetizers. My wife actually had the Ginger Glazed Rib small plate as her main course as she is diabetic and eats several smaller meals during the day. The Half-roasted chicken and the Painted Hills NY Strip were both tasty. The steak was a generous 12 oz and cooked exactly to temperature. The atmosphere in the bar/restaurant is very warm and very conducive to talking and dining. Very relaxed place and very good food. Will definitely stop when we visit again, maybe for lunch.

• Visited February 2014
Sunnyside, New York
“Aloha Alobar *:)”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

The food quality is very good. Fine wine selection. The neighborhood has changed a lot, better than some places in Manhattan. My friends and I came here to celebrate our belated birthdays. We had mushroom toast for appetizer. Tasty! I had chicken for my entree. The chef prepared chicken really well, just the way I like it. It's a little salty though. But I guess that's because I'm not a salt eater and didn't mention it. Still delicious! The service was great, warm waiter and gave good recommendations. Try the place and explore the area. Only 1 stop from Grand Central. It's worth coming here.

• Visited November 2013
New York City, New York
“Some unique menu items”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

This place has a small menu but the unique items make up for it. I recommend the maple bacon popcorn and/or beef tartare (if you're adventurous).

A word of warning; Get there early or menu items will run out. I experience this the last time I was there and it took our waiter almost 20 minutes to realize that they were out of the item so I ended up getting a few quick appetizers so my guest didn't have to wait. Jeff (owner) comped us desert which was nice of him. Regardless of that experience I look forward to going back and eating there soon...earlier in the evening.

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“LIC Gem”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

With places like Williamsburg stealing the spotlight for artisanal food, especially American fare, Alobar proves that creativity and quality food exists in other boroughs.
I was visiting the area around Gantry Park and wanted a quick bite to eat, so I headed to Vernon Blvd, which was teeming with activity.
Alobar is an open space, cleverly designed. A combination of industrial age design and reclaimed elements - the ceiling is composed of unfinished 1" strips of wood, laid at different lengths and in variegated colours. The bar stools and chairs are reminiscent of an iron age: forged fittings and dark satined wood. Clever stained glass details on the windows leading to the garden.
Now, for the food. The menu is quite eclectic.
I ordered the burger, it was delicious. The caramelised onions were delicious; the cheese was perfectly melted and the fries were nicely crisp - perfect.
Had the white peach soda, which was amazing. it had the peach nectar flavour.

• Visited September 2013