“Manager was a Jerk ..Book the 4 Points @Sheraton!!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
Torrance, California
“Manager was a Jerk ..Book the 4 Points @Sheraton!!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Made a mistake booking thru Expedia and the Manager (of the Fairfield) jerked us around for 30 minutes after he said he would try to cancel "missed" fee (refused to deal with the Expedia rep.) Later he said it was "Taken care of" ! I asked him if he cancelled the fee and he then admitted that he couldn't cancel the fee!
I told him that I would rather go to the Four Points by Sheraton(3 blocks away) Everything worked out for the best Not going to the Fairfield!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gregg S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I seldom write negative reviews because I rarely have bad experiences at hotels. I would have liked my stay at this hotel for 2 nights only if I hadn't had so many bad experiences with their customer service. In fact the lack of customer service is the most annoying experience with this hotel. I gave my car to a hotel valet for a day and when I got the car back after checkout, I noticed damage to the rear bumper. I showed the damage to the valet and he took me straight to the front desk person who at least had the decency to apologize for the incident that took place on their property. I was asked to fill out a loss and incident report and was told that a manager would handle the case in a few days. I call the hotel after 5 days hoping to get a manager on the phone. He was in a meeting and I had to leave a voice message. I called 4 times since then and every single time I had to leave voice messages with no response afterwards. The general managers are always busy and do not bother to receive calls from guests or respond to their voice messages. This morning I noticed that I was charged for 2 nights of valet parking when I had the car parked just for a day. The hotel room itself wasn't entirely bad although for some odd reason I was given a handicap-friendly room. The shower curtains reeked of urine smell. The only positives were that the location of the hotel is very convenient (5 mins walk to Queens Plaza station) and the complimentary breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mahramkoth
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here with my kids in October 2013. I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised with how close this location is to the Metro line. I would totally stay here again due to the proximity and cost compared to downtown hotels.

The breakfast is your typical Fairfield Inn fare. Nothing all that exciting, but enough to get you going before you head out for your day.

The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was helpful.

I would highly recommend this hotel over the neighboring Fairfield Inn Long Island/Manhattan View. You may not get the view, but you have the convenience.

This location is very easy to get to even with a little bit of luggage.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank hoskier
New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Pros:
New hotel so clean and modern
Nice lounge area, bar
2 computers and printers available in lobby
Location is great as you have access to several train lines

Cons:
With the exception of Alex at the front desk, the rest of the staff is not very good.
6 months ago I stayed at the Verve just down the street and their service was fantastic so this hotel has got some work to do. (Also Verve offers free washer and dryer for use)
If you are not out of your room by 11am, it's not getting clean which is rare especially in US hotels where you can have your room cleaned as late as 3-5pm.
I stayed for 9 days and requested a later check out and it wasn't granted. Considering I've just dropped well over $1000 I think the hotel can spare an hour but again I think this has to do with the staff not being quick enough.
One afternoon we overheard a staff meeting taking place in the breakfast nook and it confirmed our suspicions that staff is not up to par.

Overall I'd stay here again as I'm sure they'll work out their staff issues.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was our second stay at this property. I must say, it didn't seem as great this time. Front desk staff not all that friendly or helpful. No perks for Marriott Gold Members (no concierge lounge I understand, but not even a free bottle of WATER?). And the in room television did not work well - remote could not change the channels and even when replaced with a different one it still didn't function right.

Loud construction right outside the hotel started promptly around 8 am each morning, so do not expect to sleep in. (I, of course, do not blame the hotel for the construction! But as a potential guest you should be aware of it.)

The public computers in the main lobby are set up very oddly. Our smart phone was not working and my husband checked email on one - while another guest very pointedly WATCHED him type in his email address and tried to see the password... Unsettling. The 2 public computers need to be separated at least a bit to prevent that from happening.

Room was fine - normal Fairfield room. Clean, toiletries available, blow dryer, fine bed... And last but not least, hotel is still in a good location (smile - it has not moved). Easy to jump on the subway and get to Manhatten from this property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Aruba
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Great location, clean rooms, helpful staff and warm breakfast! The metro station(s) is only 2-3min away and the staff is always there to help with directions. Free wifi in rooms and lobby plus two PCs and printer in the lobby. Warm breakfast (scramled eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels) of fare quality. Friendly bartender. Will return. We stayed in rm 706 and my parents 709 for 4nights, rooms were clean and serviced every day, we had no noise complaints.

• Stayed June 2014
Boca Raton, Fl
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

If you are looking to do NYC on a budget but still want a clean, stylish, friendly hotel.. This is your place! Amazing breakfast , super friendly staff and a block from the subway E line that will take you right in to the city! 5 miles from Laguardia... $18 cab ride.. Can't beat it!

• Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Island City
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long ...
#2 of 31 in Long Island City
Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhatta...
#12 of 31 in Long Island City
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 31 in Long Island City
Midtown
Hotel Edison Times Square
Hotel Edison Times Square
#309 of 468 in New York City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!