“Enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nesva Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
Melbourne
“Enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed for five nights here recently on my first trip to NYC. I was really impressed with what I got for the price. It is a relatively new hotel just a few blocks from the subway station and only two stops to the heart of NYC. Staff were outstanding and couple not do enough for you. Breakfast was OK and included in the price. I would stay here again if visiting NYC.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor in room 904 and got great views of the NYC skyline. I understand other roo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Dean66
Nesva H, Guest Relations Manager at Nesva Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review Dean it is very much appreciated. We are proud to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and recommended us so highly. You are more than welcome to come back and visit us anytime!

Neva Hotel
Dennis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just back from 4 days at the Nesva Hotel and it was a real find!!! The room was spotless and well appointed. The staff super nice, especially Dennis who welcomed me when I arrived, remembered my name, and helped me with restaurant recommendations and maps to get around. The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the subway stop and within minutes you are in NYC. True the area is quiet at night (but I never felt unsafe). There are at least 5 boutique hotels in the area so there are always folks out and about. There is a convenience store that makes sandwiches that is open fairly late, another coffee shop nearby, and a chinese restaurant. You can always get back on the N or Q and go to Broadway in Astoria which has tons of places. And tons of places deliver. Astoria is an amazing area and is great to explore (eg Broadway and Steinway Street are nearby). And you can easily get to the hotel on the M60 bus and the subway! You can also buy something earlier in the day and keep it in the fridge in your room. Also ice bucket, and plenty of plastic cups. Also I was informed you can use the microwave 24/7 and also there is a freezer you can use if you wish that is in another part of the hotel. The breakfast buffet was lavish (rolls, fruit, breads, juices, teas, coffee, oatmeal, yogurt, etc) And there was always enough food even when I went late. The clientele is mainly European so it is fun to hear different languages. Also, you can eat outside in good weather on a little patio. I had a little trouble getting wi-fi in my room (but my phone isn't the best) On the first floor it was perfect. One day I didn't have maid service until late in the day and the maid came by to apologize. The room was spotlessly clean with a great view. One nice touch: each day you get a card with the weather on it. Very welcoming touch. And there is a killer view from the balcony. I would happily return to Nesva, esp, since the cost is 1/3 of a NYC hotel. And the place was QUIET. I heard nothing and slept very well. A/C works well and is quiet. I kept the door open on balcony and got great breezes at night. I would happily return here again!

Room Tip: Rooms on 5th floor have a great view. There are only 3-4 rooms per floor so it is very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank AshtonNewOrleans
Nesva H, Guest Relations Manager at Nesva Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Wow, thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful and detailed review of our hotel Mr. Dansker. We are so glad to have had such a wonderful impression on you and that our representatives and amenities were above and beyond your expectations. Please come back and see us next time you make it to New York we would love to have back!

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just outside of the NYC center in Queens this hotel is situated between 2 trains stations to get into the city. Rooms were clean and comfortable. A negative might be that there are no shops near the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank xmanhattan
Thanks for your review of our hotel! Your review is very much appreciated and we are happy you've taken the time to contribute your thoughts on our amenities and services. Please come visit us again when you have the chance.

Fremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was a great small hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful; the accommodations are clean and comfortable. It's a short walk to either 39th St Station or Queensboro Plaza for a quick subway ride into Manhattan.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank njlm2
Hello and thank you for choosing Nesva Hotel! Your review is much appreciated and we are very happy you took time personal time to let others know how your stay was with us. Every review we get is always helpful to us for improve on things we are unaware of or to let others know if we are providing a service worthy of our standards. We hope that you will continue returning for another stay with us next time you visit our city!

Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I had to plan an EXTREMELY last-minute business trip to NYC and looked up reviews on TripAdvisor, where I saw (and fell in love with) the Nesva Hotel, rated Number 3 in LIC. A small boutique hotel with only 32 rooms, it is only minutes from the subway and a few short stops away from Manhattan. Many of the rooms feature private balconies that give you an amazing view of the Manhattan skyline and Queensboro Bridge. Because I was booking at the very last minute, I had to stay in two different rooms for two nights; the first night I stayed in a king premium balcony room (902), the second night in a twin premium balcony room (503).

Before I even arrived at the hotel, I had the pleasure of speaking to Emily and Paul over the phone; both were extremely helpful in assisting me to secure my last-minute reservation. The hotel also has a generous cancellation policy; I did not have to prepay my room and you can cancel up to 24 hours in advance. The taxi from LaGuardia (LGA) was only $17.50. Upon check-in, Dennis was more than helpful with recommendations and directions (I was looking to purchase items for the fridge in the room, which although described as a "minibar," does not come stocked), and there are several delis/corner stores a quick walk away from the Nesva). I loved the vibe starting with the lobby; colorful murals and modern fixtures abound. The lobby is very small, but does feature some tables and chairs, vending machines, and takeout menus / brochures for New York attractions. The staff went out of their way to help, from getting me change to scheduling taxis (I used the hotel’s taxi service twice, once in LIC and to LaGuardia, and while it did cost a bit more, it was worth it for the convenience).

The room descriptions on the website are a little confusing; they’re described as “Vista Grand,” “Euro Balkon,” “Academy Balcon,” and “Dutch Kills” rooms, but when you go to book you’re given rather standard choices like “twin standard” and “king premium balcony” instead. The rooms were spotless; kudos to Angelica on a wonderful job cleaning! It seems that the layout differs from room to room; in 902, I had a difficult time finding outlets for my laptop (there is a box with several outlets on the nightstand, but none on the floorboards / by the TV, which made it impossible to work from the desk/dresser, however, in 503 I had no problem finding outlets in the wall by the nightstands). Also, in both rooms, the light switch for the lamps above the bed was all the way over by the door, so there was no way to easily turn out the lights without getting up and walking over to the door. The linens and beds were super-comfortable and I got a great night's sleep. The air conditioners are fairly quiet and cool quite efficiently. I left my sliding balcony door open the second morning for some fresh air and the chance to hear the city waking up. Other reviewers had mentioned that the staff brought chairs up to the balcony, but I was told that wasn't allowed; the private balcony still made for several great photo ops and offered an amazing view of the skyline. As room 902 faced the train tracks, there was definitely a lot more noise than from room 503, which is something to consider if you're a light sleeper. There is also a nearby church bell that tolls the hour, which I loved. I had to check out of my first room and check back in later that afternoon, but the staff will happily store your luggage in a locked room if you want to go out sightseeing before leaving.

The hotel is very centrally located only a short walk from the subway, and there are many great local coffee shops (I visited Coffeed on Northern Boulevard and Sweetleaf on Jackson Ave.) and restaurants within walking distance. I particularly loved the Dutch Kills Centraal gastropub right across the street; they have a fabulous beet and goat cheese salad and wine specials during happy hour where my dinner totaled less than $12, and the waitresses were super-helpful and nice. Get there early to avoid the crowds (dinner starts at 5).

I also enjoyed just walking around the neighborhood, which is home to several churches, schools, and light industrial shops and is currently in the process of being revitalized (you'll see / hear several new hotels going up in the neighborhood, and many of the construction workers frequent the restaurants and delis in the neighborhood). It's not too far from many Greek bakeries and restaurants and any type of ethnic restaurant you might be looking for, including Venezuelan and Colombian (something we don’t have in San Antonio, it was nice to see something other than Tex-Mex / barbacoa / taquerias for a change!).

I LOVED my too-brief stay at the Nesva and have already made reservations to come back later this summer; be sure to book ahead, as it fills up super-fast. Also make sure to check their website for specials, where you can save 10-15% off a multi-night stay.

Thank you to the staff at the Nesva Hotel for making my stay in LIC such a great one and I hope to see y’all again soon :-)

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony; the rooms ending and 3 and 4 are farthest from the train tracks across th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Bundtlust
Nesva H, Guest Relations Manager at Nesva Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hello Sarah and thank you for staying with Nesva Hotel! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with and really appreciate your stellar review of our services and amenities. It's a shame you were unable to make it back sooner hopefully all is well with you. We would be glad to have you back next time you make it out to New York City, it was more than a pleasure to have had a chance to accommodate you during your trip!

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

we stayed the hotel last month for 4 nights. the satff in front desk was very nice and friendly, the hotel is beautiful, clean, and in a great location.
we were 4 people so the room was a little bit small for us, but exept that everything was perfect.
very close to subway.
berekfast is very nice as well.

defentlly will consider visit again and take rooms for 2 this time :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank emma_ortal
Hello Emma, and thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. We are very glad to hear that our staff was courteous and that you didn't have any troubles during your stay with us. We are happy that you took the time to give others your recommendation of our hotel and definitely look forward to you staying with us again!