“A Hidden Gem in LIC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mia Famiglia - CLOSED

Mia Famiglia
Price range: US$12 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Flushing, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Hidden Gem in LIC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Hidden in the lower level of the Wyndham Hotel in Long Island City is the culinary gem. The restaurant has modern, clean aesthetic, but which pays tribute to the history of the LIC neighborhood in which it's situated. The food was outstanding, moderately priced, with large portions. The staff and owners were very welcoming. They have a great story - rising from the damage of Superstorm Sandy - makes you root for them. We'll be back again and again!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Chris R

Rego Park, New York
“Best Experience in a Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

If you are looking to put together a great event, this is the place to be. I recently hosted a baby shower for over 70 people and it was a great success with the help of this great eatery. Their staff was extremely professional despite having a full house and of which included multi-ethnic families. They were able to provide vegetarian dishes along with a wide variety of other great dishes for a reasonable price. This is in comparison with what other restaurants in LIC are charging. Larry and Laura are awesome and made it a great experience. Customer service and quality food is obviously their focus. Highly recommend them.

New York City, New York
“A Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

For my girlfriend’s birthday, I surprised her with dinner at Mia Famiglia on March 28th 2014. The restaurant is located in L.I.C. and there was a lot of street parking available which was a plus. Once we entered the restaurant we were greeted by the owner and he showed us to our table. Shortly after our waitress came over and interacted with us before taking our drink order, which made us feel like regulars. I ordered the Rib Eye and a side of fried mashed potatoes, and my date ordered the Artichoke Poppers, and a special pasta dish and when the food came out I was blown away. The Rib Eye was cooked to perfection, and the mashed potatoes were superb. The Artichoke Poppers were magnificent and the pasta dish was enough for both of us. As much as I tried, after eating the rib eye and some of the appetizer, I had to take my food to go, with the hopes that it would become a late night snack. I really enjoyed the service, the food and the staff. This is a great place for all, and we will definitely be returning with a few friends.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Total NY Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We started with a beautiful Cabernet Sauvignon and scrumptious Artichoke Poppers…my taste buds were popping and the party had definitely begun. While we waited for our entrees the owner of this Food Network featured restaurant put on the best of Billy Joel and I knew then it was my new favorite spot in Long Island City. New York State of Mind and Piano Man sealed the deal! Dinner was extraordinary…I had Spaghetti Fresca with garlic sauce, diced tomatoes and mussels, one of the specials, and Woody had the rigatoni special, and we both ate the entire plate of food! The decor is fun and the atmosphere is inviting. I'll definitely be back!

1 Thank LoveBug_3312
Wall Twp
“Delicious food, great service. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had one of the best meals in recent memory. Everything was cooked to perfection,seasoned just right,and tasted delicious. If you are looking for a great resturant in LIC put Mia Famiglia at the top of your list. Kevin W. Wall ,NJ