“I love on this restaurant every weekend”
Review of Tournesol

Tournesol
Price range: US$21 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional French Bistro from south west of France.
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I have been coming here nearly every weekend since this restaurant opened primarily for brunch, but also an occasional dinner. Hands down this is the most reasonably priced menu in all of NYC, and also extremely charming. Family run and all French, some have posted the staff aren't friendly - not in my experience at all. I find the entire staff friendly and accommodating. While I would like to see a little variety on their menu, I still keep coming back and haven't been bored yet. I've tasted nearly everything and their gazpacho soup is to kill for - it's amazing. If you ask super nicely, sometimes they will whip up escargot for brunch even though it isn't on the menu. I'll be there for brunch tomorrow too!

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

First time here. Arrived at 7 PM to find free parking spot on the street one block away. Also arrived before a rush of others and got seated and served immediately. Enjoyed duck confit, great steak, good wine. This is no luxurious place but quaint like a small bistro in Paris would be. I would go again. Check a map or gps if new to this area.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Liked the food, liked the service, liked the wine and LOVED the dessert (Nougat Glace'). Have had dinner at Tournesol pretty often lately. Will definitely return soon. Very soon.

Thank Mirella Menglid... M
Reviewed 28 April 2013

As a visitor from the UK I was taken by my New Yorker family for an evening meal at Tournesol. They promised me a good atmosphere and good food and it delivered both with interest. The food was delicious and beautifully cooked and presented. The atmosphere friendly, relaxed and intimate, just what I like for a relaxing meal with family and friends.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Average food, boring menu, small portions, overpriced, rude staff, overcrowded, dirty bathroom, in dire need of renovations, stay away.