“Trendy hotel not far from Manhattan!”

The Paper Factory Hotel
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Long Island City
“Trendy hotel not far from Manhattan!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here for a week in March with a large group and we all had incredible service! The staff is super helpful and friendly! Definitely not your average hotel being that it is super trendy. Would definitely recommend it to anyone and look forward to staying again! They also play great music :)

• Stayed March 2014
Ron O, General Manager at The Paper Factory Hotel, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Paper Factory Hotel. We appreciate your suggestions and comments and are working very hard to make this Hotel the best it can be.

Thank you again for your time and we are looking forward to your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed for 5 nights at this hotel and could not have better things to say. Directly at the 36th st subway station. Clean rooms and the most accommodating staff I've ever encountered. Exceptionally clean. Great for large groups but would also be good for families or individuals.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Valued guest,

I want to thank you on behalf of the team at the Paper Factory Hotel, Long Island city on your survey of the Hotel.
We take all of our guest comments and suggestions very serious and act upon them accordingly. As we know the guest is who we service and who we listen to at the end of the day and your feedback is extremely important for our business to thrive.

Thank you again for your time and we are looking forward to servicing you once again in the near future.
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a night after flying back into New York at the end of our honeymoon. We both found the hotel to be amazing. The rooms are quite unique, with beautiful floors and furniture. Staff was incredibly helpful in assisting us with subway directions. We both appreciated the robes that were in our room. It's true that there isn't much around the hotel, but the subway is across the street and most attractions are a short ride away. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My apartment needed work and I needed somewhere to stay last minute. I live in Astoria so I went on hotel.com to find a hotel...low and behold The Paper Factory was the first one that popped with an amazingly affordable price for that night. (last minute and a weeknight so it was really really cheap) I packed my bag and headed right there. Greeted and check in was a breeze and free wifi was great. The room was really cool - great renovated loft feel and immaculate(beyond clean!) Last night was 10 degrees outside and I was warm and toasty with a great nights sleep. I had to run out to catch my cab back home to let works in and check out was amazingly fast and super nice. I am making sure when my family visits that this is where they stay. Just hop I can get the hotel.com price again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Great staying, good and modern room, staff been helpful, friendly and excellent. The rooms are very nice High recommend!! Very good location. I stayed there with my wife for a week it was amazing.
We will be back again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My now fiance (he proposed to me on Valentine's Day:)) and I decided to continue our tradition of 3 years now and spend a weekend away to celebrate. We came across The Paper Factory Hotel's Cupid's Package which included an overnight stay in their beautiful hotel and a dinner for two at a nearby steakhouse.

The dinner was great, but what we really enjoyed was the warmth and hospitality we experienced from the get-go. We booked the King room with an amazing shower. It was extremely spacious, had a high ceiling which gave it a lofty feel, but at the same time was very cozy and serene. Besides going out for dinner, we barely left the room since it felt like home.

The most noticeable thing of the hotel to point out is its decor. Upon walking in, you see beautiful columns, remarkable wood panels, and the most unique floor I've ever seen -it had old Queens newspapers incorporated into it!

The hotel staff was very accommodating and even sold us on a bottle of champagne making us feel even more romantic and celebratory after we got engaged. We have traveled all over the world and stayed numerous times at hotels for Valentine's Day, but this hotel truly stood out from anything I've ever been to. We are definitely planning on coming back and recommend everyone who likes unconventional, out of the box getaway to check The Paper Factory hotel!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Yaeli0

New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I REALLY like this hotel. It opened in late fall 2013, so everything is new which is great, but it’s the thoughtful choices in décor and styling that make the property comfortable, unpretentious, and cosmopolitan all at the same time. The building is an old factory in Long Island City (two stops away from 59th St. in Manhattan on the R train), and that is evident in the refinished original wood floors, lofty spaces in hallways and rooms, exposed brick, and industrial remnants (think abandoned dumb waiter shafts) of the building’s past life. My room, No. 513, had a gorgeous brown glass subway-tile shower with rainwater head, funky furniture, and vintage-inspired baseboards—the tall ones you only find in old houses anymore—cleverly cut from thick plywood sheet. In the lobby and adjacent rooms, retro seating and shabby-chic wood-paneled walls look like they were sourced from talented Sundance catalog artisans. The staff is smiling and pleasant. And while the hotel is still a work in progress—a bar is still being constructed in the lobby area—this place is already one of my favorite-ever city hotels.

Room Tip: I didn't do this, but moving forward, I think i will ask to be placed in a room far away from ot...