I booked this hotel as it was close to the subway, and had shops and food outlets nearby. It was an excellent choice. The subway station was literally 5 minutes walk, we bought a weeks metrocard for $30, £20 to go anywhere. Bargain! It took about 15 minutes on the subway to get into central Manhatten and was no problem, I felt very very safe. It was no different to going to London. The hotel room was big, clean, massive bed, excellent shower, loads of storage. It had a coffee maker that we couldnt get to work, but in the breakfast room downstairs you could get free coffee, tea hot chocolate whenever you wanted. The breakfast was brilliant too. Donuts, cereal, bagels, cream cheese! And included in the price. We met some Brits on a trip and they paid double what we paid, with no breakfast or drinks or anything, just to stay in Manhatten. This was £100 a night for 2 people, pricey I thought but cheap compared to staying in town. There was a fab diner 2 minutes up the road called Petes Diner. Food was lovely, very reasonable, huge portions and open 24hrs a day! And theres a McDonalds next door if you are really hard up. If I ever went back to NY I would stay here again without a doubt. The receptionist was very nice and helpful, but even if she wasn't you only see them for like 5 minutes when you check in so who cares?!! Loved it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LaQuinta, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your La Quinta Inn Queens New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Queens Hotel Long Island City
- La Quinta Queens
- La Quinta Long Island City
- Long Island City La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn Queens New York City Long Island City