“Convenient location, very nice hotel”

Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed at this location in the Queens area for the NYC portion of our vacation. Very nice facility, guest rooms, workout room, laundry etc. The beds were very comfortable and clean. (I stay at a lot of hotel due to my work travel schedule and this hotel was much better than the norm.) The location is great, just 2 blocks from the subway (about 15-20 minutes from most sites in Manhattan.) Also try a nice pizza shop (Mike's Pizza), one block down from the hotel. It is a small shop, the staff was friendly, and the pizza very good. Very happy with this hotel choice.

5  Thank Thomas C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed for 3 nights (June 23-25) and loved everything about this hotel. The room was clean and huge; space for 4, with a lot of luggage, plus some. N train right across the stret, and only 15 minutes til you are mid-town. Staff was friendly and very helpful with recommendations for late night pizza delivery. I am really looking forward to another visit next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank dorcastrilling
Nini M, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear dorcastrilling:

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, especially the staff and our location. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked a 3 nights stay here in June using Hilton points because the hotel was within close transit distance to Times Square and ha received many good reviews. Plus, the Manhattan hotels were more costly... What a mistake!

I arrived at the hotel and was promptly told that my reservation was off by one day and they no longer recognized my stay as valid. When I asked what I should do or how could they help me, I was told to call Hilton reservations. Well, I am at a Hilton. Can't you call and try to assist me I asked. The person at the front desk could care less and was silent. There was another employee by his side who only stared at me while insects were flying around the hotel lobby.

I travel allot and stay at Hiltons worldwide. This treatment was equal to one of the worst Motels. I ended up making all the calls myself, getting rebooked, via Hilton Diamond service center, and walked myself to the street to find a taxi far away from Home2Suites in Long Island City, NY.

Oh, I forgot to mention that during my ordeal the Hilton customer service center tried calling this hotel, on my behalf, to correct the reservation problem and they did not answer. Even though the hotel employees were within eye distance watching the phone ring!

I am hopeful the Hilton chain made the necessary staff changes from Top to Bottom at this site. It is an embarrassment to the entire chain spoken from one who has stayed at many worldwide for the past 2 decades.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank eagleoneaviation

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas where we haven’t met our guests’ expectations. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your stay using Hilton points. I will contact Diamond Desk to get more details. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive expected hospitality. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will allow us to show you the service much improved.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Nice, very clean, friendly staff. Kids liked breakfast. 10 min to Manhattan on metro. Parking was $25 a night and they allowed us to park until 3PM on day of check out at no extra charge which gave us time to visit the city on the day of check out.

3  Thank Jay H

Dear Jay:

Thank you so much for your review. Our prime location and exceptional customer service are our best features. We are glad to hear that you got to experience the full Home2 Essence. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Where do I begin? I arrived shortly before 3PM and was greeted by a
polite and friendly gentleman at the front desk. He checked me in,
albeit with some apparent difficulty, and offered me a bottle of
water and snack in recognition of my HHonors Gold status. He
explained the breakfast hours, handed me my key and wished me a
pleasant stay. My room was on the 2nd floor of this 10 story
hotel. I thought that was odd, but I don't stay in Long Island City
for the scenery.

Upon entering the room, I was quite shocked to see the room directly
faced the solid wall of the Holiday Inn parking garage, just
separated by a narrow one-lane alley from my window. A photo is
posted. You will see two lights, a horizontal electrical conduit, an exhaust vent and in the lower left hand corner is an opening to the garage area. Interesting?? Even on the lower floors, not all the rooms have such a completely obstructed view as did the one I was assigned. Mine was truly special.

Then I checked my reservation receipt and noticed that I was
confirmed in a "King Suite" but assigned a smaller Queen Suite
instead! While I hadn't reserved a room with a special view, when I
reserve a room of a specific category, I don't expect the front desk
to quietly substitute a room of a lower category without offering
some explanation, apology or compensation.

So I kept wondering that if Gold members who sleep in Hilton
beds at least 30 days (1 month) a year get the least
desirable rooms on the lowest floor, where do the "normal" guests stay
- in the basement? And regardless of status, I expect that I will
get a room that is of a category not lower than what was
confirmed. I understand upgrades are subject to availability, but
downgrades should be reserved for special circumstances and openly
explained to the guest.

Finally I decided to return to the front desk where I was assisted by
a different person (shift change) who was most understanding and
professional. He fully understood my unhappiness and conceded that
first impressions do count, and being a brand new hotel, they didn't
make a good first impression on this guest. He promptly found a King
Suite for me on the 9th floor with an unobstructed view to the
north. I moved there and lived happily ever after. I trust
management here will incorporate this experience into their training
program to ensure that HHonors members are not summarily offered the
least desirable accommodations (when better are available) and all
guests, regardless of HHonors membership, are not abritrarily assigned
accommodations of a lower category than confirmed.

Otherwise, the suite was delightful with every imaginable convenience
and comfort. Breakfast was good too, except for the silly
requirement to scan your key every time you reenter from the outdoor
seating area. That area is completely enclosed and only accessible
from the breakfast room so, during breakfast hours, the door should
permit free access in and out.

Finally, I generally never give 5 stars to a hotel that doesn't
provide in-room digital safes. With all the personal electronics,
passports, other important documents etc. there is no substitute for
the convenience of a digital safe in one's guest room. I therefore
present 4 starts to this hotel. I hope to return in the future and

Room Tip: Avoid room 206
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank 1NicePerson

Dear Tripadvisor member:

Thank you for your feedback! I'm happy to know that we were able to resolve an issue immediately and we are thrilled you had a memorable stay with us and our staff helped make your stay more comfortable. We look forward welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is one of a kind. The design is gorgeous, modern and you can see how every corner was well thought of. Beautiful colors and Wood craftsmanship everywhere! So pretty!
Hotel is spotless, rooms are spacious, beautiful and very functional. I've never seen so many storage space in a hotel room! Double room also includes sofa and crib was provided, so our 6 member family was very comfortable. spacious and fully equipped kitchen in the room.
Nice Breakfast was included.
Location is excellent, Subway station in the same block. Neighborhood may seem a bit rough, but really it's not. My husband and I have made daily trips to the Grocery Store (3 blocks away) every evening and felt absolutely safe.
Staff nice, helpful and always available. great gym, laundry room and media room with Wii and Xbox if you bring your devices.
Highly recommend to anyone!

3  Thank Yoav H

Dear Yoav:

What a wonderful 5 star review! Thank you for taking the time to share your story via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words and we will be sharing it with our staff. We look forward to have you back soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The rooms were nice and the bed is comfortable. Microwave,refrigerator,dishwasher, plates,cups, silverware were all in the room. Nutrogena shampoo and body wash in bath. There is no hair conditioner! The breakfast is needs work. They only have one waffle maker which makes for a long line. There was 2 fruit selection, cereal, toast,yogurt and oatmeal. It a very nice hotel, but if you have neighbors you will be able to hear the conversation in the room next to you. The hotel only has 7 parking spots which 2 are handicapped. Parking garages are 1-2 blocks away.

1  Thank Nancy F

Dear Nancy:

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are happy you found our location desirable and convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!