“Untrustworthy maid service”

Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Long Island City
DeBary, Florida
“Untrustworthy maid service”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family of five stayed at this hotel for 5 days in mid June. The hotel was very clean and had well equipped rooms. Despite these positives we had a very disturbing occurrence with our belongings. We left one morning for the city and upon our arrival back at the hotel that evening I noticed that my phone charger was not mine. (The three members of my family that have cell phones all have different chargers.) I had charged my phone the previous night and it worked fine. When we came back to the hotel and I tried to plug in my phone, the charger was broken. My husband went to the front desk to let them know what happened and we would like a different maid servicing our rooms. The next day when we came back to our room not only was the broken charger on the counter, but a duplicate, working charger was in the room as well (which I guessed was my original one that had been "borrowed"). Our family travels quite frequently and we have never had anything like this happen before. It was quite unsettling knowing that someone had been in our room and switched our belongings...twice. The room did not have an in room safe which we always use when on vacation. Despite the positives this hotel offered, I would never recommend this hotel due to not having personal belongings safe.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank leds96
Nini M, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear leds96:

Thank you for sharing with your experience and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I'm very sorry to hear that you incurred a few complications with housekeeping staff during your stay. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and I will make sure to speak with our executive housekeeper about this. Although you seem quite set on not staying with us again, I really hope you reconsider! I will make sure you have an entirely different experience with us.

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Recommend To Everyone This Hotel Home2suites Is Wonderful Also Very Nice & Clean With A Beautiful Kitchenette. Everything Was Great Would Definitely Stay Here Again With My Husband P.S I Couldn't Believe It Was A Hilton Hotel

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole C
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We enjoyed the roominess of the suite. It easily facilitated 5 adults. We did have problems not having air conditioning for 2 days (90+ degree days) and one day we returned to the room with no maid service. Quirky things that greatly affected the quality of our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank John H
Irvine, California
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were traveling with two teenagers and stayed at this hotel for six nights. The condition of this hotel is new and has comtemporary look. We were searching for an apartment to stay but when we found this hotel, the search is over. This price is very comparable with renting an apartment in NYC. The room is big and has kitchen utilities. A electrict stove can be rented out from the front desk if available. There is a coin self-serve laundry at the basement. Very convinience to do laundry for long stay. However, the laundry room is closed between midnight and 5am. The hotel is conveniently located near the 39 Ave subway station. From here, you can go to Flushing or Manhattan in about 20 min. The breakfast is great but try to go there early in the morning to avoid the late crowd around 8:30am. In summary, this is one of the best hotel I have ever stayed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

5 Thank Steve C
Nashville, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed at this location in the Queens area for the NYC portion of our vacation. Very nice facility, guest rooms, workout room, laundry etc. The beds were very comfortable and clean. (I stay at a lot of hotel due to my work travel schedule and this hotel was much better than the norm.) The location is great, just 2 blocks from the subway (about 15-20 minutes from most sites in Manhattan.) Also try a nice pizza shop (Mike's Pizza), one block down from the hotel. It is a small shop, the staff was friendly, and the pizza very good. Very happy with this hotel choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

5 Thank Thomas C
Maine
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed for 3 nights (June 23-25) and loved everything about this hotel. The room was clean and huge; space for 4, with a lot of luggage, plus some. N train right across the stret, and only 15 minutes til you are mid-town. Staff was friendly and very helpful with recommendations for late night pizza delivery. I am really looking forward to another visit next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank dorcastrilling
Nini M, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear dorcastrilling:

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, especially the staff and our location. We hope to see you again very soon.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked a 3 nights stay here in June using Hilton points because the hotel was within close transit distance to Times Square and ha received many good reviews. Plus, the Manhattan hotels were more costly... What a mistake!

I arrived at the hotel and was promptly told that my reservation was off by one day and they no longer recognized my stay as valid. When I asked what I should do or how could they help me, I was told to call Hilton reservations. Well, I am at a Hilton. Can't you call and try to assist me I asked. The person at the front desk could care less and was silent. There was another employee by his side who only stared at me while insects were flying around the hotel lobby.

I travel allot and stay at Hiltons worldwide. This treatment was equal to one of the worst Motels. I ended up making all the calls myself, getting rebooked, via Hilton Diamond service center, and walked myself to the street to find a taxi far away from Home2Suites in Long Island City, NY.

Oh, I forgot to mention that during my ordeal the Hilton customer service center tried calling this hotel, on my behalf, to correct the reservation problem and they did not answer. Even though the hotel employees were within eye distance watching the phone ring!

I am hopeful the Hilton chain made the necessary staff changes from Top to Bottom at this site. It is an embarrassment to the entire chain spoken from one who has stayed at many worldwide for the past 2 decades.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank eagleoneaviation
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas where we haven’t met our guests’ expectations. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your stay using Hilton points. I will contact Diamond Desk to get more details. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive expected hospitality. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will allow us to show you the service much improved.