“Home 2 Suites at Long Island, NY”

Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Long Island City
“Home 2 Suites at Long Island, NY”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We really had a great and memorable experience in the hotel, primarily because of the cleanly environment and the friendly and helpful staff. Would recommend this hotel because of ease of access to visit Manhattan via subway.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I'm from Green Bay, Wisconsin. I've traveled to many areas of the World, including NYC five different times. Home2 Suites was the best, considering proximity to Manhattan, excellent price, wonderful accommodations, cleanliness, great breakfast, 15 minute subway ride to almost EVERYTHING, and a wonderful staff!

The hotel is only minutes from La Guardia and as I mentioned, only minutes from the Times Square area.

The cab ride from La Guardia should only cost around $17.00. Make sure that when you leave for the airport upon checkout, you don't have the hotel call for a ride. The "big black Chevy Suburban cost us $50.00! (only gripe I had with the hotel!) Apparently, there is a place within walking distance that you can hail a cab to the airport for 17 bucks!

This area in Queens is supposedly up-and-coming. I'm hoping that the Home2 Suites are able to keep their prices down because I will most definitely be back!!

Room Tip: I've heard that views of Manhattan are available on the higher floors. (we were on the 4th)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank mypenny01
Leesburg, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I will give the Home 2 Home Suites a four star. The staff is always there to serve you. Very attentive and courteous. They make your stay a pleasure; hassle free experience. Reception desk staff is ready with your registration and the process takes no time. Tired from traveling? Getting registered and able to go to your room quickly is a blessing! No long waits; this is a must after a long trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Iris F
DeBary, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family of five stayed at this hotel for 5 days in mid June. The hotel was very clean and had well equipped rooms. Despite these positives we had a very disturbing occurrence with our belongings. We left one morning for the city and upon our arrival back at the hotel that evening I noticed that my phone charger was not mine. (The three members of my family that have cell phones all have different chargers.) I had charged my phone the previous night and it worked fine. When we came back to the hotel and I tried to plug in my phone, the charger was broken. My husband went to the front desk to let them know what happened and we would like a different maid servicing our rooms. The next day when we came back to our room not only was the broken charger on the counter, but a duplicate, working charger was in the room as well (which I guessed was my original one that had been "borrowed"). Our family travels quite frequently and we have never had anything like this happen before. It was quite unsettling knowing that someone had been in our room and switched our belongings...twice. The room did not have an in room safe which we always use when on vacation. Despite the positives this hotel offered, I would never recommend this hotel due to not having personal belongings safe.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank leds96
Nini M, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear leds96:

Thank you for sharing with your experience and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I'm very sorry to hear that you incurred a few complications with housekeeping staff during your stay. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and I will make sure to speak with our executive housekeeper about this. Although you seem quite set on not staying with us again, I really hope you reconsider! I will make sure you have an entirely different experience with us.

Thank you.
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Recommend To Everyone This Hotel Home2suites Is Wonderful Also Very Nice & Clean With A Beautiful Kitchenette. Everything Was Great Would Definitely Stay Here Again With My Husband P.S I Couldn't Believe It Was A Hilton Hotel

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole C
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We enjoyed the roominess of the suite. It easily facilitated 5 adults. We did have problems not having air conditioning for 2 days (90+ degree days) and one day we returned to the room with no maid service. Quirky things that greatly affected the quality of our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank John H
Irvine, California
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were traveling with two teenagers and stayed at this hotel for six nights. The condition of this hotel is new and has comtemporary look. We were searching for an apartment to stay but when we found this hotel, the search is over. This price is very comparable with renting an apartment in NYC. The room is big and has kitchen utilities. A electrict stove can be rented out from the front desk if available. There is a coin self-serve laundry at the basement. Very convinience to do laundry for long stay. However, the laundry room is closed between midnight and 5am. The hotel is conveniently located near the 39 Ave subway station. From here, you can go to Flushing or Manhattan in about 20 min. The breakfast is great but try to go there early in the morning to avoid the late crowd around 8:30am. In summary, this is one of the best hotel I have ever stayed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

5 Thank Steve C
Travellers also viewed these Long Island City hotels
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long ...
#2 of 32 in Long Island City
Boro Hotel
Boro Hotel
#3 of 32 in Long Island City
The Paper Factory Hotel
The Paper Factory Hotel
#9 of 32 in Long Island City
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#5 of 32 in Long Island City
Hotel Vetiver
Hotel Vetiver
#11 of 32 in Long Island City
LIC Hotel
LIC Hotel
#4 of 32 in Long Island City

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View

Property: Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View
Address: 39-06 30th St, Long Island City, NY 11101-2806
Region: United States > New York > Queens > Long Island City
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Long Island City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View 2.5*
Stylish extended stay hotel close to NYC offering spacious suites with kitchens, free breakfast & Wifi. Walking distance to subway, restaurants and bars. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Home2 Suites By Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View