Quality Inn Long Island City
US$235
US$230
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Long Island City(Long Island City)
US$214
US$161
  • Breakfast included
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$209
  • Restaurant
Z NYC Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
US$356
US$331
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$189
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$199
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Vetiver(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
US$184
  • Fitness centre
US$174
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$185
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$109
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmike's pizzanew yorkhear trainstimes squareabove groundwafflesqueens plazadecent breakfasthot watercentral parkhotel is locatedfive nightsfew minutes walkmidtown manhattanlong islandsubway trainlate at night
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I chose this hotel because there were online reviews saying it was clean. First room they gave me had the worst smell you can imagine coming from the bathroom. I agreed to look at another room, which was better so stayed. Came back later in the evening and went to close curtains only to discover they were for display only and didn't cover the window - this is when there was snow outside. Window doesn't close properly either.

The one thing I will say is it's close to the subway, but I wouldn't recommend going into/coming out of subway station at night - either 39th Avenue or Queenboro Plaza.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Easy walk to the subway station, although the neighborhood is not the greatest. Room was clean with comfortable bed, but there is a lot of construction noise across the street, which started before daylight. Breakfast buffet was adequate. 24 hour front desk staff, who were helpful.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2010

Went to NYC to treat the kids, 7 and 9 to the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade.
Arrived on wednesday late afternoon. We were a little aprehensive when pulling up out front as the hotel is in an area that is transitioning from taxi cab parking lots to new hotels. Hotel is about a block from the elevated train tracks and driving in the neighborhood is a bit daunting with lots of one way streets and nearby expressway and bridge access roads.
Got a parking spot right in front of the hotel and was pleasantly surprised to see a smiling desk clerk appear at the door with a luggage cart.
Check in was a breeze, and I had room keys within minutes.
The room, on the 5th floor was easy to find, only about 8 rooms on each floor.
It was small, but very very clean and comfortable. Bedding was fresh and he bed and pillows very comfortable. Maid service every day was impeccable.
Travel into the city was as easy as described in the other reviews, and the neighborhood while seeming a bit desolate, never felt unsafe. We were even directed by a nearby coffee shop owner in front of the 39th avenue train station where to go for a great diner style thanksgiving dinner.
Trains could be heard in the room as they went by, but not enough to be irritating. With the help of the same friendly desk clerk the next morning, we were able to catch a train into the city and enjoy the parade. Within a few "subway" trips we were able to get the hang of the system and enjoyed ourselves so much that we stayed a few more days than planned.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Although this is over in Long Island City, it's a fine hotel with an easy subway ride into Manhattan attractions. The room was small, but as clean as they come ... and, surprisingly, the elevated train outside sounded like no more than a strong wind when we heard it and it didn't awaken us. The breakfast is mostly cereal, milk, toast, pastries, jam and such (the only protein is the milk). Friendly staff. The only drawback is, if you're going to be coming back to the hotel via subway and at night, be aware that there's a block-and-a-half walk from the station to the hotel that is pretty dark and past industrial parking lots. Not scary, but an area where in the dark you'll probably choose not tarry. Bottom line: We'd stay here again without question.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2010

This hotel offered one of the best experience in NYC for a most reasonable cost. The only limitation is that it's not in Manhattan proper, but it's very close to two subway stations; and between the walk, buying your subway pass, waiting for a train, and getting to Manhattan, you have to count 15-30 min. Tthe area could look a little more inviting -- there's construction and it's "blue-collar," therefore don't expect manicured lawns. However, I hardly saw anybody that looked menacing, so it was just "industrial-looking." I walked from the station back to the hotel aroud 9-10pm. It was dark, but OK (for disclosure, I'm a medium-built guy). As far as the hotel staff is concerned, they were exceptionally nice, professional, and responsible. On my early arrival in the morning, from a red-eye flight, they had a full hotel, and they informed me that check-in would not be possible until at least 2pm (their policy). They allowed me to work on my laptop (and connect online) although technically I wasn't checked in yet, and to even have some of the food in the breakfast area (a blessing, considering how wonderful it felt to have a coffee and jelly donut!). Around 11am to noon, a room was ready, and they let me in early. I felt immensely grateful. In response to all of this, I will come back, and I have told my colleagues that this is the hotel to pick when visiting New York! I also noticed a fair amount of parents with teenage kids (some spoke French with a Canadian accent, others German and Dutch). Because the hotel isn't far from the trains (although not right next to the tracks), you can hear trains. It's noticeable, but not, IMO, bothersome, and it certainly didn't keep me awake at night, although I'm not a deep sleeper.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business