City View Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Days Inn Long Island City(Long Island City)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Long Island City NY(Long Island City)
View Hotel
Feather Factory Hotel(Long Island City)
  • Fitness centre
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsfree parkingnew yorkwafflesirish pubtimes squarefree breakfastbed was comfortablenyccitymicrowavemetro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2013

You get what you pay for. Location is out of Manhattan but still good as you may use the closest metro station (40th) that takes you all the way to Times Square in 12-15 minutes ride. Little old fashion, full breakfast, beds comfortables, all BW features we can expect from this hotel chain, clean, in a safe neighborhood, but in front a cemetery. In the downside you might think about transportation to and from the metro station, they say there is a shuttle service between hotel and metro station. As we were a party of 5 people (2 adults, 3 children) we never received this service because taxis don't ride 5 persons eventhough they are children. So, because of several reasons they refused to provide this "free transportation". My family was a little tired because of this and unless they offer a lower rate I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Please ask for a first floor room, only one elevator for the whole building
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The combined airfare and hotel deal was great!!.However we did have a few issues. Our first room we were given had not been cleaned,the second room was filled with ants, the third room had no closets.We did end up with a decent room on the 4th fl.The staff was mostly friendly,and kudos to John the evening clerk who tried to fixed our problems right away. The breakfast was great and the free shuttle to the train was a big plus.The hotel would make a better impression if it would turn up the air in the main lobby and please sweep and clean the elevator.It stayed dirty with spilled stains on the floor for our entired week-end stay.If I had to do it again I may stay there it all depends on what the price would be.However I was in need of a place and it did fit all my needs!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor are better and I did not see rooms for kids activities.They may have been there I just did not notice any.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My family and I checked into the BW City View hotel on Friday, July 12th and stayed for 2 nights. The rooms were big and comfortable for 4 people. The breakfast was adequate. The location is not as close as they claim it is. It is NOT walkable from the 40th/Lowery St. 7 Train. It is far and not an easy walk. They do claim to have a shuttle but it is not actually a shuttle van; it's a cab company they use to shuttle people. Even though I'm a rewards member, they would not shuttle my son who came to visit me for the day because he wasn't staying. Kind of petty.

The biggest problem here is the guest service. There wasn't any. Not one person we came in contact with smiled or said good morning or can I help you? It was like they thought we should know where everything is. The only reason we really stayed at this location was to be near the Bantry Bay Public House to attend a party.

I will say that the evening front desk guy was the only one who was remotely pleasant to speak to when spoken to. Like most everyone else, you had to initiate all conversations, questions and information.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who really wants to be in the city. But if you need to stay outside the city and want a big, clean room (and really that's part of the most important thing) then this hotel would be ok for you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank inthebiz131
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My husband and I have stayed here 3 times in the last 2 years, its affordable and close to Brooklyn where my daughter lives.
$20 for private car service to Williamsburg.
This last time we were given a room on the 5th floor.
When we entered the room, we both laughed - it looked like a dorm room, slanted walls, small window overlooking rooftops. There was mold and peeling paint on the corners on the wall - looking like a water leak from the roof at some point that they failed to fix. (see pics)
We didn't bother asking for another room since we were only there to sleep. We had 2 very busy days out in the city.
The staff is very very helpful and nice but this room was the pits.
Just be sure to check out your room before unpacking.

Room Tip: Choose 2,3,4 floor and view the room before settling in.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple