“Great location”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 49th Ave & East River
Transit: 7 Train to Vernon/Jackson Blvd stop. Just walk 2 blocks towards the east river. New York Water Taxi - 1 block /LIRR Hunter's Point Station
Description: Riverview Restaurant & Lounge commands the most spectacular views of New York City's skyline. We directly face the United Nations with Citicorp Center, Trump International Hotel and the Queensboro Bridge to the north, and the Chrysler and Empire State buildings to the south. Riverview Restaurant & Lounge is undeniably "A Room with a View."
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Great views of manhattan, outdoor seating and pretty good drinks. However the food is just average so wouldn't really recommend it if you are a foodie or looking for a great meal. If you're after a drink while watching a game, then totally a great spot!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

On Wednesday, June 26, 2013, my girlfriend and I entered this restaurant for a cocktail. We decided to try the seafood from the “raw bar” menu. When the food finally arrived (it took 20 minutes to get to us), we tasted the food. The shrimp was dry and tasted terrible. I approached the owner of the restaurant, Tony, and advised him that we did not want to pay for dish. He told me that I had to pay for it, and when I refused, he became belligerent with me and very contentious. I paid for our drinks, leaving the bartender a $ 13.00 tip since I felt bad about the rotten seafood. We then left the restaurant without paying for the raw bar which amounted to roughly $ 20.00. Upon walking to the subway to go back to Manhattan, we were stopped by several police officers who advised us that Tony called the police and evidently reported a theft. I explained the situation to the officers and finally agreed to pay the minuscule bill since I did not want any further problems. My opinion of this restaurant is multifold. First, they are understaffed and the service very slow. Second, management and ownership really has terrible customer relations which accounts for a completely empty restaurant. Third, any business owner who fails to listen to their customers relating to a modest $ 20.00 seafood bill and then calls the police is desperate. My suggestion is to stay far away. Your experience will be a waste of time and your money and the seafood is disgustingly old and dry. Good luck in your travels through Long Island City. Cross this place off!

1  Thank lsharkey69
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Great food and competent service staff are essential parts of any great dining experience.
Food: 2 out of 5 people in my party had to send their food back. Service: on par with what you should expect at a 24/7 diner at 5 AM.
Skip the "river view" thats currently obscured by scaffolding and dine somewhere else, your wallet and stomach will be grateful.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

This place is a disaster. I have been living near it for over a year, always attracted by the river view and outdoor seating, but also always wondering why the place is often empty. Well we tried it tonight and found out why. The service is horrible. We waited half hour before someone took our order. The food was mediocre at best-and awful at worst---decent quality ingredients prepared in a very uninspiring way, and very poorly in other cases. My husband's medium rare hanger steak was practically raw. The duck breast was bland and overcooked. When we were done, we waited and waited for someone to bring our check, and after 1/2 hr, I had to go up and ask for the check. No apologies, no rush. We had been at the place so long there were only about 4 tables occupied while there were about 8 waiters and 5 bus boys shuffling around doing nothing. I asked to see the manager, and they said he wasn't there! No wonder the place is so poorly run.
Save your money and avoid this place. Go to nearby Shi which has awesome food and also outdoor seating if you want--not as attractive, but still nice. Or better yet, pick up a very tasty picnic from the Food Cellar (upscale grocery and prepared food) nearby and enjoy free riverside seating at Gantry Park--much more fun!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The Riverview Restaurant sits along the East River in Queens and has a stunning view of Manhattan. It is a quick ride on the 7 train from the city (it's the first stop in Queens, Vernon-Jackson Avenue) and then about a 5 minute walk from the subway. Long Island City has become a very cool place to wander around, so it's worth making a trip out for people who are staying in Manhattan and want to see some of the outer boroughs. There is a bar area, a restaurant, and outdoor seating. The food is delicious, with both upscale items and a great burger for the less adventurous eaters. The staff are wonderful, and there's a nice local feel to the place, but it's large enough - and the decor is fancy enough - that if you want a fancy night out you can feel like you're having it here as well. Highly recommended!!!