“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #205 of 286 Restaurants in Long Island City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 11 th
Transit: #7 train to Vernon /Jackson Ave walk 2 blocks to 47th Road.
UK
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had dinner at Masso in July 2013. I ordered the Lentil Soup as a starter, and had a pasta Carbonara dish as my main. The soup was delicious - lots of flavour and was very filling. The pasta dish was nice too and by the end I was absolutely stuffed.

The waitress was very attentive and prompt - I was very impressed with the standard of the table service. The meals came out quickly.

Overall, I would definitely go back again. I am surprised at some of the more negative reviews this place has attracted already. I didn't really see anything to warrant a negative critique.

One word of warning - they only accept Amex or Cash as payment.

• Visited July 2013

New York City, New York
“No clue how to make Irish coffee and they don't take visa.”
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

Went in there for a quick Irish coffee and we got plane Nescafé coffee with scotch. Not even any whipped cream. They charged 11 dollars per each. Also they don't take visa so I had walk around and pay ATM surcharge.

Don't bother with this place!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very average restaurant. Great Bar.”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I'm not sure where "December 13, 2008" reviewer ate, because this is most definitely an Italian restaurant and not a French Bistro.

The food is very average Italian fare with very average service. However, it is a great place to go for the bar. The bartender is very attentive and the crowd, which I assume to be their neighborhood regulars, are very friendly and open with strangers.

• Visited December 2011
New York City, New York
“Unbalanced”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I've been there twice. Unless you order the right thing on the menu, you don't know if it will be worth the cost. The first time I ordered the fish soup and I wish I had done the same for the second time as I was very disappointed at the outcome of a pasta dish. Nice atmosphere -- in winter avoid being near the door or fireplace.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank manya62692
Brooklyn, New York
“Probably not going back...”
Reviewed 20 March 2010

We started off with the calamari appetizer which was fresh and tasty. For our entrees, the flank steak had great taste (a tad over-salted and under-cooked though) and a penne pasta dish was pretty good as well. Overall, the food was above average and prices reasonable. Service was OK. Only reason I probably won't go back is when they dropped the check they said they only take AMEX or cash. Luckily, it was one of the only times in the past few years I had plenty of cash on me, but normally, I'd be out of luck. Probably not heading back because I never carry cash and I don't have an AMEX. They should really rethink this issue...