“Cozy and cheap”

Ranked #203 of 290 Restaurants in Long Island City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 11 th
Transit: #7 train to Vernon /Jackson Ave walk 2 blocks to 47th Road.
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I had lunch this week. A delicious spinach salad which was enough for a meal, accompanied with a glass of champagne and a wonderful brownie cheese cake...out of this world!!!!!
Try it!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I hardly ever give a 5 for restaurants but I found the prosciutto eggs benedict to be great. Many places do eggs benedict and they hardly ever get it right, Masso had it as a special and I asked for added spinach. It was done perfectly, with just the right amount of hollandaise sauce and truly crispy prosciutto that gave it a salty crunch balanced with some healthy spinach.
We didn't have drinks so I can't speak for the bar just the eggs benedict.
The service was exceptional, our waitress was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had dinner at Masso in July 2013. I ordered the Lentil Soup as a starter, and had a pasta Carbonara dish as my main. The soup was delicious - lots of flavour and was very filling. The pasta dish was nice too and by the end I was absolutely stuffed.

The waitress was very attentive and prompt - I was very impressed with the standard of the table service. The meals came out quickly.

Overall, I would definitely go back again. I am surprised at some of the more negative reviews this place has attracted already. I didn't really see anything to warrant a negative critique.

One word of warning - they only accept Amex or Cash as payment.

Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

Went in there for a quick Irish coffee and we got plane Nescafé coffee with scotch. Not even any whipped cream. They charged 11 dollars per each. Also they don't take visa so I had walk around and pay ATM surcharge.

Don't bother with this place!

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I'm not sure where "December 13, 2008" reviewer ate, because this is most definitely an Italian restaurant and not a French Bistro.

The food is very average Italian fare with very average service. However, it is a great place to go for the bar. The bartender is very attentive and the crowd, which I assume to be their neighborhood regulars, are very friendly and open with strangers.