“tranquility” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blueberry Hill Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Long Lake
Blueberry Hill Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Long Lake
bloomfield nj
“tranquility”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

we were passing through on our way to long lake camping and decided to stop at Blueberry Hill Motel. It's clean, peaceful and you can't beat the price. Mike and Mandy are very accomidating and friendly. The campfire at night is beautiful where you can come together with other guests or solo mia which ever you prefer and share stories, songs by the fire(don't forget mosh mellows on the stick.) The motel is easy to get to right off the road. There are no lakes or ponds but long lake is ten minutes away for great swimming. Oh, yes thank for heading up my soup when I got hungry late at night. Thank you guys-we had a great time even with the rain!

Room Tip: Room # 4 is in the middle away from the office, very quiet.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Honeoye Falls, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were in the Adirondacks (ADK) to transfer my son from one camp to another this week and stayed at the Blueberry Hill Motel. Since it was in the middle of our vacation time we decided to stay 2 nights and do some hiking ourselves. The room we had was a queen room with a new bed, very comfortable! It is a basic, rustic ADK style property, but very clean. We don't watch TV when we are on vacation, so not having it does not bother us. Wireless is spotty here, but it is everywhere around here. This property is not on the water, so if that is what you are looking for this would probably not work for you. The traffic on the highway starts to get noisy in the morning, otherwise it is very quiet at night. We were day hiking and managing a canoe trailer for a scout troop, so we were not around too much during the day. At night, Mike had a campfire where most of the other guests gathered. We loved the opportunity to meet and chat with new folks from all over the country. All in all, we found it to be a good value. If you have the mindset to slow down for a minute and hit the reset button, you just might find that at the Blueberry Hill Motel......

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
New Hartford, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

The Blueberry Hill Motel is a nice little retreat in the real Adirondack tradition. My wife and I found this little 7 unit motel while searching for a simple place to stay while we hiked and kayaked around the Long Lake and Blue Mountain Lake area. It is just on the south side of Long Lake, but not on the water. If you are looking for a beach, this is not for you, and Mike, the owner, will tell you that right up front when you call. If you want a clean, friendly, comfortable place that saves you $30 per night over the beach location, stay here.

I rated it 5 stars, not because it's just like the Hilton, but because it's perfect for the Adirondacks.

We stayed in room #1, which is actually the farthest from the office. We found the room to be very clean and freshly painted. I saw a complaint about the steel shower stalls. Mike told us in advance that they have older style steel shower stalls. The only difference is that the steel showers are a little more noisy than a fiberglass shower stall. The water pressure was excellent. It had a nice adjustable shower head. It was freshly painted, no rust. Everything in the bathroom worked great. The room had a nice little refrigerator that worked great. The queen size bed was very comfortable. The towels were better than we expected for a little rural motel. Not all worn out.

Mike treats every guest like family. When we went kayaking he went with us ahead of time so I could leave my truck at the end of the river so it would be there when we finished, and then drove me back to the starting point. He offered to let us use his kitchen, and fixed us coffee every morning. Most nights he has a campfire going so guests can sit around the fire and share stories. We got to meet a few of his guests which was great fun. One of his guests played the guitar one night. Mike really went out of his way to make everyone feel at home, and he knew everyone’s name. We didn't take advantage of it, but I heard Mike has a great selection of DVDs to loan.

Cell service is weak in Long Lake. Mike bought a signal booster for Verizon so that you can get a pretty good signal if you are near his office. Verizon is building a new tower in Long Lake so soon you won’t have to worry about the cell service. He also has WiFi in the office that extends through the first few units. As we were in the last unit, I had to bring my computer down to the porch in front of the office to a good signal, but it worked great, and was nice sitting on the porch.

We enjoyed it so much that we extended our stay to a fourth night. It was really much better than we could have hoped for, and we look forward to going back again.

Room Tip: Room 1 has new queen size mattress.
5 Thank wine-guy13413
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

My girlfriend and I were in Long Lake in the beginning of August and had an excellent stay here. Can't beat the price. The rooms are clean. And Mike is very helpful. There's no cable tv but each room has a dvd player and Mike has an extensive collection of movies.

1 Thank dwmartin77
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is not a typical Hilton 5 star review. Our stay was exactly what you should expect and what we wanted for a traditional Adirondack experience. It was simple, rustic, friendly, and clean. The owner Mike was very helpful and made sure we had sufficient amenities throughout our stay. There is no cable, even though it's not necessary, but he does have a collection of DVDs that you can check out which are perfect to fall asleep to. All in all, we had a great time because the water was hot, the beds were comfortable, and the management was friendly. I would recommend this motel and will be coming back because of our experience, and also because it is very affordable.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Timothy W
Mineola, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

First let me start of by saying that we did not make a reservation so when my husband went to book a room last minute, there were no available rooms for the 1st of the two nights we wanted to stay. The owner, not wanting to put us out (It was doubtful we would find any other vacancies that weekend) offered for us to stay in the barn out back for the first night. The kids, of course were so excited to stay in the barn (a real, authentic barn). I must admit, my husband and I were also very excited to stay as well. Now let me make it clear, the barn is not set up for overnight use, but the beds were made (the same or even better) than you would find at any other motel. Sheets were clean; we received all brand new linens, etc. Mike (the owner) even let the kids pick out two videos (no charge) and had a TV and DVD ready for us. He made sure it was up and running before he left us for the night. Although there was no bathroom in the barn, he left the office bathroom open for us and it was not a far walk at all. This was not an issue at all. At night there was a quaint fire pit going where we sat and met some other guests. It was very quiet and relaxing. We all slept great in the barn - were warm and cozy all night. In the morning we moved into the regular accommodations (nice and early so we were able to shower, and set up). The room had three beds, which was nice. TV and DVD (the kids watched their movies before bed). The Wi-Fi worked great for us, and we actually received a Verizon signal there which is really rare for the area. The bathroom was very clean with plenty of bath linens. Mike was very attentive to all of his guests needs, knew everyone’s names that was staying there, and personally drove one of the guests to a nearby lake. He and his wife are super friendly and a pleasure to talk to. They informed us of their plans to renovate in the off season as well. I am sure they will do a fabulous job. I can't wait to see what they will do with the barn; it can easily fit a large family (even a couple of families). I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
1 Thank Tsants
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Super clean and welcome traveler's rest via scenic route near sunset 5 August. Proprietor Mike graciously held me a room based on a late afternoon phone call and had lit a campfire outside the office for guests to enjoy. The Blueberry Hill Motel authentic Adirondack amenities remind me of my aunt & uncle's Upstate NY camp I visited most summers since toddler times; loved sleeping with open windows! My next stay might be as soon as next week on return part of this road trip.

• Stayed August 2014
#1 of 6 in Inlet
Big Moose Inn
Big Moose Inn
#1 of 1 in Eagle Bay

Been to Blueberry Hill Motel? Share your experiences!