“Great place, Great people”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Long Lake
Shamrock Motel & Cottages
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Long Lake
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights while hiking the Northville Placid Trail. The facility was just what we needed and we enjoyed the amenities. The owners were so friendly and helpful. Since we had hiked there we did not have a car and they helped us get whatever we needed. They even drove us to the trail head. We had a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank plat123

Reviewed 17 September 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in the motel and we couldn't have been happier. The room was perfectly clean; the view of the lake was beautiful; the bed was comfortable; the shower was wonderful. My husband said the shower was one of the best he's ever had! We'd like to come back when we could stay longer and enjoy the lake. I took some beautiful pictures of the sunset over the lake. We saw a bear in the back yard just a few minutes after we checked in! (I waited until he left before taking the pictures!) We love the Adirondacks and have stayed on several different lakes, but Long Lake is definitely one of our favorites and we plan to come back to the Shamrock Motel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank GRLR113
Reviewed 9 September 2012

After three weeks of travelling in the US, I have to say that Shamrock Motel & Cottages was the best hotel/motel we stayed at during our trip (that is, best out of twelve). Tim and Beate really make it feel like home. The whole area is beautiful, and this motel is the perfect place to explore it.

8  Thank MDSofia
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My wife and I spent a couple nights in the motel and were very pleased. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They even offered some rags to dry the dew off the motorcycle in the morning.

The location is wonderful. Beautiful views of long lake and the mountains beyond. There are many chairs situated around the large property that you can relax in and enjoy the sunset. Firewood was provided for camp fires if you so desire. There was even charcoal for use by the grill.

Our room was fairly small, but certainly adequate. The room was clean and recently updated. The mattresses were not the most comfortable I have been on and you had to wander the property looking for WiFi reception, but neither of these had an impact on our enjoyment of our stay.

3  Thank steve_bills
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Just returned from our first (yes, first) overnight stay in the Adirondacks...spent the last few days at the Shamrock Motel & Cottages...cannot say anything but WOW! A perfect, beautiful setting on Long Lake with plenty to on on premises but also many quiet places to soak in the beauty of the area!! Kudos to the owners, Tim & Beate and their friendly staff who made this a special time away for my wife and I and good friends! Sunsets here just over Owl's Head Mountain rank as some of the best we have seen! Even better when out on the lake on kayaks!! You have given us a tremendous introduction to the region - we plan to return!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank RLAMyers
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My husband and I arranged a last minute getaway for our 20th Anniversary and I was lucky enough to stumble upon this gem - the Shamrock Motel and Cottages. Tim, Beate, Carl and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. The place is not fancy-schmancy, but it has authentic Adirondack charm. The rooms were nice and clean and the extensive grounds were neat as a pin. The Shamrock's location on Long Lake cannot be beat. We were smitten for sure and I plan on coming back next September for Rustic Furniture Show at the Adirondack Museum.

Room Tip: Get an efficiency or cottage if you can, but there is a nice lake view from the motel rooms, too.
7  Thank RetroGrrl
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My better half and I spent 5 nights at the Shamrock and can only sing praises about the property and the owners. We had an efficiency that was extremely clean and comfortable !! I especially enjoyed sitting out on the deck on the comfortable Adirondack chairs while enjoying my morning coffee. I've stayed at many fine hotels in my life but I must say the Shamrock Motel rates in my top 5 !!!!

Room Tip: The efficiencies are great for couples but they do have larger cabins for families. The beach is on...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Jack E

Been to Shamrock Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!