“Lovely Weekend!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Long Lake
Shamrock Motel & Cottages
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Long Lake
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I went to Long Lake with a girlfriend for the weekend. The Shamrock is a basic motel yet very clean and comfortable. They have done a nice job updating the rooms. The rooms have been freshly painted and the bathrooms have new tile in them. The room and grounds are very clean. The staff was helpful, friendly and very accommodating. There is a small beach with plenty of chairs to sit on and a boat dock. They also have kayaks to rent at a reasonable price. We spent the weekend exploring other areas around Long Lake. This is a great location for visiting many other lakes in the Adirondacks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Norine E
There are newer reviews for Shamrock Motel & Cottages

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I have been staying at the Shamrock motel for about 4 years. We are going back next week again. Every stay is very enjoyable and the owners are very welcoming. The cottages are nice and pretty clean. The porches are nice and most of the cottages have an amazing view of Long Lake. We always enjoy our stay at the Shamrock and hope to go back again next year.

• Stayed: August 2013
8  Thank Madeline B
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have been staying at The Shamrock for several years now and it just keeps getting better and better. You could not ask for more accommodating and lovely proprietors - Tim and Beate. They go above and beyond to make your stay a pleasant one.
The cabins are spotlessly clean, and if you need something you have only to ask. Not only are Tim and Beate wonderful, but their staff is excellent as well - from the girls who man the office and clean the cottages, to the young men who work on the grounds; they are always willing to give you a hand, make suggestions, etc.
It is an added bonus to me to have computer access in the office, since I don't have a laptop.
I can't say enough to express our fondness and appreciation to Tim and Beate for welcoming us like family and treating us like special guests.
You can't go wrong if you stay here - and once you do, you'll come back year after year (as so many of their guests do!).

Room Tip: Beautiful lake front views, magnificent sunsets.
7  Thank dav5mar
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have now stayed at Motel Long Lake, Sandy Point, and Shamrock.

POSITIVES: The efficiency unit at Shamrock was spacious and mostly clean (some hair in the bathtub). Host was very friendly on our arrival and made us feel most welcome. Check in was quick and efficient. Beach is lovely. We chose Shamrock so we could walk to Owl's Head Pub/Long Lake Diner. This was indeed handy. WIFI 100% perfect from our unit. No noise from highway at night. Peaceful.

NEGATIVES: We missed the beautiful view at Sandy Point and the full daily maid service. Shamrock website quotes 'daily maid service' which apparently means clean towels. Shampoo was not provided when we ran out after day 1, and I had to use my own. The next day we did get a little shampoo. We left a $5 tip on the bed, but after two days it was not picked up and the bed was not made. The first day it was not made, we thought it was because my husband's luggage was in the way, so on day 2 we made sure everything was off the bed and nothing around it either, but bed was still not made.

Sandy Point and Motel Long Lake will make the bed for you. It's not a big deal, but I really like to come home to a made bed on vacation after year's of making children's beds!!!

NOISE from neighboring efficiency unit. The first night no one was next door, but the second night we soon learned the walls are paper thin. We could hear other couple doing things we would rather not think about as the beds are against each other on the same wall. The deck, while lovely, would benefit from a trellis or some sort of privacy divider so that you don't feel awkward sitting outside with strangers. Sandy Point and Motel Long Lake porches are fully enclosed and private. Also, at Sandy Point, the beds are not against each other. (Layout is bedroom, kitchen, and then next unit is bedroom, kitchen.) I hope owners find these suggestions helpful and constructive!

No regrets. We had a lovely stay and were happy to try something new, but won't return as it was not significantly cheaper than other accommodations.

Room Tip: Ask about the layout of rooms for the most privacy from your neighbours.
2  Thank ADK_Dreamer
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Owners were very attentive. Rooms were clean and updated. Washer & Dryer on site (yay!). Typical motel for the area, but reasoanably priced and feindly to all. Nice beach. Wi-Fi now! Recommended under 'Purple Roofs'.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
13  Thank Marty H
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Let me start this review by saying
1. the cottages are clean, pleasant, 80's decor.
2. if you are like me, you do not read all the small print on the "contract" or read each of the signs in the office nor read all the small signs (and I mean small) in the cabin itself.
3. I have traveled through the US, Europe and South America and have never been treated this poorly.

My wife and I decided at the last minute to travel to Long Lake to see our niece at her summer camp. My sister (her mother) was staying at a different hotel. When my sister (my other sister and two 15 year olds) came to simply see our cottage, everything got pretty crazy.

1. The owner immediately showed up at the cabin and instructed my sisters to leave ASAP.
2. I asked if they could simply see the cottage in that maybe she would reserve it for the following year.
3. the owner clearly wanted nothing to do with any discussion ordering my sister and family to leave immediately.
4. I then was lectured and berated on the error of my ways (in front of other guests). I was barely allowed to get a word in. When I explained that I did not see the rule, the owner cut me off, barely allowing me to discuss the issue. I acknowledged that it was his hotel, with his rules, but I suggested that given it apparent importance to the owner and the unusual nature of the rule, it should be verbally highlighted upon check in.
5. Cutting off any discussion, he reminded me of rule then he rode off in his golf cart.

In my opinion, the rule is very unique and not well explained. However, if it were more clearly communicated, one could live with it (as I said, it is his hotel). More concerning, and why I will never stay here or recommend the place, is the aggressive, intimidating, and somewhat belligerent nature of the owner. No one deserves to be treated this way.

With other options, I suggest looking elsewhere.

8  Thank MDHBoston
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just back from a perfect repeat visit to the Shamrock in Long Lake, NY. In both our stays, we have found the cabins comfortable, airy, well-stocked, and well maintained. All have great views of beautiful Long Lake, especially at sunset. Close to great hikes and paddling locales, the Shamrock is great for families, couples, or groups of friends. We especially enjoyed using the Shamrock's kayaks, the clean, private sand beach, and the large lawn that is great for family games or relaxing in the evening. The innkeepers are wonderful, and always ready to offer suggestions and help with arrangements. All in all, a great location for a peaceful, fun-filled get away!

Room Tip: All the cabins are over looking the lake. We fell asleep to the lovely sounds of loons!
11  Thank jal00051
#1 of 1 in Eagle Bay
Long View Lodge
Long View Lodge
#4 of 5 in Long Lake

Been to Shamrock Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!