“Need a room and plenty of parking”
Review of Sandy Point Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Long Lake
Sandy Point Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Long Lake
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Pulled in just after dark on a rainy Saturday night and found perfect parking from my truck and trailer and got the room I desired no problem. The manager, David, was very accommodating and we found the rooms to be more than comfortable. The beds were firm, not lumpy like a lot of other Adirondack motels I've stayed in. The facilities were clean and the TV had plenty of decent cable channels. Thumbs up. I stayed in this same motel several years ago under different owners and I have to say, the place has greatly improved.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank John L
SandyPointMotel, Owner at Sandy Point Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again very soon. We have been working feverishly with some spring renovations this year (DirecTV, new WLAN system, stairwells, bathroom, grounds and decor improvements), very glad it's made a positive impression for our returning and first time visitors!

There are newer reviews for Sandy Point Motel

Reviewed 12 May 2013

My daughter and I were headed home from her college year, and had such a lovely quiet stay in this motel. The porch view by the lake, overlooking the mountains were gorgeous, the room was very clean and comfortable, and David was a generous and friendly host. Looking forward to the next time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Liz E
SandyPointMotel, Owner at Sandy Point Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Great that you enjoyed your short stay with us this past week. Bring the whole family back and enjoy some time on the lake with us this summer or fall!

Reviewed 21 January 2013

We rented an efficiency In September that was extraordinarily clean with a beautiful view of Long Lake. The owner David's friendliness and hospitality was an added bonus. HIs knowledge of the area and willingness to talk to us and help us out really helped us enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HikingDave
Reviewed 13 October 2012

This motel is under new ownership and the new owner is very invested in improving the property! We have stayed here 3 years in a row in October. It is cleaner and has more amenities than before. The views of Long Lake are spectacular and it was very quiet. We forgot our phone charger in the room and the owner Dave had a nice conversation with us and sent the charger almost immediately. I would recommend this motel when in the area.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have excellent views from the attached screened porches.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David F
Reviewed 27 August 2012

As others have noted, the location right on the lake and the views are the best. There are 11 units spread over ground and upper floor, and each has a beautiful view of the the well kept grounds, the lake and the surrounding mountains. Each unit has a private screened-in porch with folding chairs and tables to enjoy the "million dollar view." The room decor is like older motels-- certainly not hip or stylish-- but very much like most of the places in the Adirondacks, and most importantly, immaculately clean. The bathroom fixtures sparkled. The water was indeed very hot (a good thing!) and one didn't need to run the hot water a long time to get it hot! Our beds were very comfortable. We had a motel room, not an efficiency, and had just a coffee maker and refridgerator, which was enough for our purposes. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Because we just wanted to relax, we loved the outside lawn sitting area, as well as the very nice sandy beach. (We used the beach at night to sit in the loungers and star-gaze.) There was even a small clothes line on the porch to dry your wet swimsuits. The only negative-- which would apply to all the locations in Long Lake and the surrounding area-- are the sight-seeing planes which take off from the lake during the day. If you are sensitive to loud noises, that may be an issue. For those who want to use their stay to sight-see in the area, this is a very convenient location.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert2835
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Sandy Point Motel for 4 nights. I read the reviews thoroughly before taking a chance on the efficiency room, especially since I'm not that wild about motels in general. Choices for places to stay in the area are very limited so my husband and I decided to take a chance and book the room since most of the reviews were positive.

For the most part, I found the online reviews fairly accurate. The place really does have a great view of the lake and also has a nice beach. The room was clean, which is extremely important to me.

Before booking the room, I looked online for pictures of the rooms but there were none to be found. That's usually not a good sign. I did find pictures of the view from the rooms and of the beach but none of the interior of the rooms. I suspected the decor probably wasn't going to be real hip, especially being a motel and all, but I was hoping for the best. When we arrived at the motel, however, my fears were realized when I saw the room. I felt like I was entering a "time warp", "stuck in the late 60's" (paneling, cheap motel furniture, etc.). We paid $145/night (plus taxes) for the room and, frankly, I think that price was too high for what we got. That's just my opinion, but I definitely feel like we were paying for "the view". The room was okay in general but the mattress was uncomfortable; every morning my husband and I woke up with a backache. And when we took a shower, scalding hot water came out of the shower head if other person in the room used one of the faucets. The kitchenette was okay but there was no microwave. That would have been handy as restaurants in the area are few and not that great, from what we sampled.

This motel really has a great "spot" on the water. I truly hope the new owner can invest in updating the rooms, new and quality mattresses being a big priority.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank vacationingmom1005
SandyPointMotel, Owner at Sandy Point Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thanks for your review and suggestions -- we read each & every review and strive to consistently improve the experience for our visitors. We pride ourselves in having a well maintained and spotlessly clean property and continue an ongoing program to make updates to rooms, grounds and facilities since acquiring the property in 2012!

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We recently spent four nights at the Sandy Point Motel in Long Lake, N.Y. and we're very pleased.
The room was spotless and the maid service kept it that way. This is a property that harkens back to the 70's which is modern for properties in the Long Lake area but that is part of the charm.
The property itself was very pleasant and nice decorated with numerous flower pots and gardens. Each room has a private screened in porch with affords fabulous lake views and the option to sleep with the doors open and enjoy the fresh mountain air.
The property has recently changed hands and the new owners seem eager both to please their guests and to add upgrades in the future.
The property offers a nice beach just a few steps away and some water sport equipment for rent.
I've rated the pool as excellent but I'm actually referring to the beach. There is no pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
#1 of 1 in Eagle Bay
Long View Lodge
Long View Lodge
#4 of 5 in Long Lake

Been to Sandy Point Motel? Share your experiences!