“good value, pleasant stay”
Review of Ridge View Lodge

Ridge View Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lowville
Ridge View Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Lowville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We spent three nights at the Lodge and found our room to be just as pictured. Two queen beds, desk area, dresser, operating fridge/freezer and microwave. Bath area was clean and well stocked. Beds were comfortable. A/C worked. Front desk was helpful when we had questions about the local area. Breakfast was quite substantial each morning. Fresh fruit was offered every day along with yogurt, hot and cold cereals, fresh coffee, juices, muffins and more. We used the laundry room where we were pleased to see that there was laundry detergent available, at no charge. The washer and dryer took $1.25 (or so) in quarters to operate. Housekeeping came in after our first night and replaced bath towels and did some general clean up. I called the front desk and asked that we not have housekeeping in our room again until check out and they obliged. The Lodge was quiet every night and we slept well on the east side of the lodge, facing the Ridge View Restaurant which was also a nice surprise. We ate two dinners at the restaurant. Our waitress was friendly, the food was very good and the prices were very reasonable. I would stay there again. Having the restaurant next door made our whole stay that much better. The only complaint was the bed pillows were flat and hard.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Ridge View Lodge

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

This motel is very well kept, everything is clean and orderly, however it appears as though nothing has been updated since the 90s. You are given an actual key when you check in and check out is required (no leave your card in the room and go). I'm sure there isn't a lot of turnover and the owners are trying to save money but you had to turn the ac on yourself when you got there. It was quite stuffy and I was sweating getting ready for my event so this was the main thing I was disappointed in. The continental breakfast is more than adequate with a lot of choices. Overall this is a good place to stay as long as you have your expectations set on something clean and adequate not something like a modern chain.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My third stay at the Ridge View (the first being the night before my wedding in 1993) and not much has changed in 20 years. I look at the negatives reviews and try to address the issues. Yeah, a hundred bucks for this motel is a little steep, but it’s called supply and demand. If you’re staying in the Lowville/Copenhagen area, there isn’t a lot of competition to drive the price down. As for the other folks below, there have for years been signs explaining the plowing situation during the winter. I’d personally suggest someone considering the Ridge View take those two reviews out of the equation. There’s obviously personal issues at play.

Beds were ok this time. A little stiff. But I’m picky, and I slept fine. The rooms are very large by basic standards. I’m particular about clean and quiet, and these rooms were both. The breakfast was pretty darn good. Lots of fruit and some hot and healthy choices, in addition to the usual array of sugar. I’ll agree that when the hotel is busy, the kitchen is small and the eating area incomplete. We take our food back to the room. No, it’s not a restaurant. But tacked on to the room gratis, it saves a little money, a lot of time. I’m a Choice member and I’d rate the breakfast here higher than what I get at your average Comfort Suites.

I’ve always found the help and owners to be very, very hospitable. I’d like to apologize to the girl I woke up at midnight when there was an envelope with my name and key, telling me to check in the following morning. Easy to find. Plenty of parking. Nice little restaurant/bar next door that doesn’t get loud at night.

All-in-all, if you’re in this part of Lewis County, NY, you’re there for a reason. The Ridge is a good place to hang your boots for the night. If you need a Marriott, go to Watertown. I need a clean, quiet bed and this works.

Room Tip: Being in the back keeps you away from the "late night action" around the community TV. But...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 111buckhorn
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed here for a week, and was so very pleased with our stay.
Very clean, comfortable ,so pleasant the staff. Made the trip that much
more enjoyable. The rooms were great, morning goodies, got us going
for the a.m. Do recommend this lodge highly.

1  Thank sandi87
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was our second time staying at the Ridge View. The decor is a bit outdated, but the rooms are clean and comfortable. The check-in staff is friendly, and the continental breakfast is yummy! We will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed 9 July 2013

It was completely unimpressive and overpriced. I guess the base price of $70 per night would be fair, but the added $30 for my wife and two small children turns it into a $100 room, which it was clearly not worth. The beds were far from comfortable. I am used to pulling away the nasty bedspread, which I had to do here, but the velour blanket under it seemed just as sketchy. It has been quite a while and at a real dive since I have seen that kind of bedding.

The breakfast area was crowded, and there was just us and one other couple. The selection included just bagels or english muffins for hot items, unless you want to count the prepackaged pastries that you could put in a microwave. To be fair, there was a wide selection of cold pastries, pop tarts, cereal, and donuts to pick from. Again, I guess I have been spoiled by the chains with the waffle makers, eggs, sausage, etc.

I hope to find a suitable alternative with better accomodations or at least a more reasonable price when I return, but I am not holding my breath. The reason this place gets away with it is because they are literally the only place in town. I may have to widen my circle to include Watertown - it's only a gallon of gas out of the way.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I was expecting a hotel that was old and not many things to offer. I was surprised to find that they most of the big hotel chains have. The front desk girl was very pleasant and helpful. The room had much more spacs than I thought it would. The bed was extremely comfortable and the breakfast was great!!!! I will be there again when I come back to Lowville.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowville
The Edge Hotel
The Edge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Lyons Falls
Pleasant Night Inn - Fort Drum
Best Western Watertown Fort Drum
The Lodge at Headwaters
The Lodge at Headwaters
#1 of 1 in Boonville

Been to Ridge View Lodge? Share your experiences!