“Fishing trip”
Review of Stillwater Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lowville
Stillwater Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lowville
“Fishing trip”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed at still water hotel to fish the reservoir. Owners were great, nice room. Ate dinner at there restaraunt. Had an awesome prime rib and best coconut cream pie ever. Fishing was very good also. Caught many smallmouths and rock bass.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ray S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Jordanville, New York
Reviewed 20 May 2014

A truly unique experience . We were greeted by Rascal the owners shaggy dog , who continually checked to make sure we were at home. (The owners also abliged) the food would compete with any five star restaurant . After dinner if Marian is not too busy you can challenge her to a game of wii bowling in the bar. The beautifully rustic rooms were very comfortable . In the morning we returned to the restaurant for coffee and breakfast prepared by Joe. We were accompanied by several locals that were very friendly .If you want an experience that you CAN NOT get anywhere else this is the place for you. Make you own memories that will last forever. Sorry it took so long to leave our review.

Room Tip: Marian and joe are very accommodating .
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rickyamy2014
Auburn, New York
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Rode snowmobile from Parish Ny to Stillwater. They where booked full.Went across Resivior to Norridgewock They had a room.It was midnight skies clear so we went back to Glennmore inn and on the way back the weather changed!! There was no way we could make it back,believe me we tried.Well found our way back to Stillwater Hoter and Bar becouse Marion left lights on for us.At3:30 AM they openned thier doors to us and accomidated us for the night.We where awakin to hot coffe and breakfast .These people are the best Thank you Marion and Joe.

Room Tip: Call ahead for res.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Nicosguns
Brooklin, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Family atmosphere! From the moment I arrived I was made to feel at home and part of the Stillwater family. Marion and Joe are wonderful hosts and have built an amazing business because of their personalities. I can only speak about the winter and my snowmobile trip because this was my first visit of many to come. I cannot recall many trips where the owners would join you at or after dinner and chat just like you were family, and when you left a hug was bestowed along with a firm handshake from Joe. The food was excellent and the portions were large and appreciated. I travelled to New York on my own and both Marion and Joe were constantly introducing me to fellow sledders to make sure I felt comfortable with the trails. I would highly recommend Stillwater Hotel as a destination. The lot is constantly packed with snowmobilers who have been coming back year after year. Marion and Joe, I wish you all the best Thank you .
Regards,
Rick from Canada

Room Tip: Room # 5 is closer to the back door for loading and unloading luggage. Room #1 is closer to the dinn...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Richard G
Michigan
Reviewed 1 October 2013

You will not meet nicer hosts or eat better food in a more serene setting than at the Stillwater Hotel. The owners were friendly and informative about the area as were the other locals that were enjoying a beautiful day dining on the deck. My husband had the homemade crab cakes that he claimed were the best he's ever had (and that's saying a lot because he loves crab cakes); I had a burger cooked to perfection and doctored to my specs with a side of really tasty sweet potato fries. As we were leaving the owner said to us, "If you come again call ahead just to be sure were open. Sometimes I take a couple of hours off this time of year. If I know you're coming, I'll make sure I'm here to cook for you." Now that's service!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MichiganTess
n,y,
Reviewed 14 September 2013

we stopped in one afternoon for lunch in our travels,the steak sandwich was filling and good , the ham & cheese sandwich was ok, I had a soft drink and my husband had a ice tea , the service wasn"t that great and there was only one other couple there. Should this have added up to a forty dollar lunch, probably not.....lesson learned, there was a bright spot, nice sceneary

Room Tip: Don't Order Lunch
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank CAVD
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I were on out way to Prince Edward county in Canada from New York City. As usual, we hadn't made reservations for where we would stay overnight to break up the seemingly endless drive. It was getting dark and we were extremely hungry and tired.

I got on Google and saw great reviews for the Stillwater, As soon as Marion got on the phone I knew we were going to have fun. She's got a great personality, and is an attraction in herself. It was quite late but I asked if she could put together some cold cuts, or anything. She ended up serving us a wonderful dinner, all homemade to boot.

Our room was very comfortable. In fact I slept better than I usually do.

I would absolutely visit again, but maybe I'll make a reservation next time. We've recommended Stillwater motel to lots of our friend. I can recommend it to you as we'll.

Deborah Berk

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Deborah B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowville
Great Pines
Pine Knoll Lodge & Cabins Inc
Clark's Beach Motel
Clark's Beach Motel
#10 of 12 in Old Forge

Been to Stillwater Hotel? Share your experiences!