“Come for the view (not the food)”

Blu at the Lakehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Blu at the Lakehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 68 Restaurants in Mahopac
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 6
Description: Il Laghetto is set against beautiful Lake Mahopac, a hidden gem that Mahopacian's hold close to their hearts. The lake is for many the reason why they are here and why they stay. The location is a definite attraction that most flock to in warmer months. Il Laghetto's name is Italian for "little lake". Set on the water, il Laghetto's location makes it ideal for a Seafood focused menu. A Raw Bar with Oyster offerings, Clams, Lobster, Crab and more is open year round. The menu itself is highly focused on fish but don't deny the 16oz Steak Au Poivre. "Specials" are offered weekends and will focus on other meat options as well. Il Laghetto is open all year and we encourage people to see the lake for it's beauty through all seasons
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Blu is a perfectly pleasant lakeside cafe with largely forgettable food and service. We enjoyed a summer lunch beside the lake, including steamed mussels and a pear salad with candied walnuts. Both dishes were OK, and while the service was a bit haphazard, nothing was too problematic (unlike the diners behind us, where the server spilled water over the entire table). Prices are on the high side, but that comes with the location.

1  Thank Hugh B

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went there for lunch and I have to say the food was very good. I had the Cajun shrimp that was on the regular menu and is served with cheese and grits. My only complaint was for almost $30 the portion was on the small side. It was 4 shrimp not jumbo either with maybe a tad over a half of cup of grits. My friend had the special which was crab crusted cod served with polenta. It was also delicious and the portion fit the $30 dollar price tag. Nice view and great food but it's not cheap.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything about this place is excellent. The food, service and view were all outstanding. Will definitely be returning soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Met my gal here as she's been here before and told me about it. Its right on the water and because of the temp last nite we took a table a little closer in the restaurant as it is open and the heat in more centered closer in. Our waitress was very nice and we started with a farm salad and the pork croquettes. Salad was good and the pork was yummy. We also had bread with some very tasty dipping sauce! We both ordered Chianti's and our entree's were mussels (which is a appetizer) but my Gal wanted them for here entree and they were good and I had the special which was cod served over and with (I don't remember) however, it was very good! For dessert we both shared some chocolate gelato made their and It was yummy too! We weren't rushed out after closing hours and left at our own convenience! Had a great time with my girl and a wonderful outing and delish meal at Blu's ....I'll come back in the summer!

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Farm to table at a local restaurant, wow, what a concept.
We started with a Blue Crab Brulee, Roasted Corn, Anaheim Peppers, Warm Naan Bread, we've never had anything like this before, Incredible
Slow roasted Berkshire Pork, Wild Rosemary, Pan Sauce Naturel, Sautéed Heptworth Farms Kale, Soft Corn Polenta, wonderful, and I usually don't like Polenta.
Shrimp and Cajun Grits, Cajun dusted jumbo shrimp, creamy corn grits, Vermont cheddar, sautéed kale, great, and the Kale has a flavor all its own.
Everything has a unique flavor that all combines in your mouth, wow.
An excellent Pinot Grigio completed our dinner.
I've copied from the menu, something I never do, but my vocabulary can't describe this food.
Chef Armand is a culinary genius who deserves every accolade he has received.
Usually Farm to Table restaurants are very few and far between and quite expensive.
Blu at the Lakehouse is convenient and reasonable.
There's also a great view and a wonderful Patio.
Come, enjoy.