“I prefer the sandwiches.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Holy Smoke

Holy Smoke
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Mahopac
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Putnam
“I prefer the sandwiches.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

I've gone to Holy Smoke several times in the last year. My opinion keeps dropping with each visit. Right up front, I must say the portions are generous and the mashed potatoes are to die for.
That being said, ribs are have been somewhat hit or miss. Great one night and then very fatty the next. Enjoyed the brisket. Had the fish & chips recently and it was the worst batch I've ever had, anywhere. Over-cooked, almost burnt on the outside with practically raw batter around an overcooked piece of fish on the inside.
Every sandwich I've had there (brisket or pulled pork) has been excellent and I think I'll stick with them from now on.
Yes, I'll keep going there. With over twenty beers on tap, I can adapt to the menu.

• Visited August 2011

New York
“How did we miss this place? Will be returning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We have just returned from a very successful dinner out at Holy Smoke which is only fifteen minutes away from our front door. We've been here five years and never even knew the place existed, but we are glad we found it. Great atmosphere, bustling, but not crowded, friendly staff, very clean dining room and great food. The fact that Holy smoke has so many beers on tap was a great added bonus for my husband. A fun relaxed place to enjoy decent food and beer, what more could anyone ask?

• Visited July 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not all it's smoked up to be”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

Horrible service. The wait staff was not attentive at all. I ordered the pulled pork and it was vey dry! I can do a better job in my slow cooker!!

1 Thank Chezz30
Carmel, New York
“A great experience every time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

If you like great barbeque and lots of hustle and bustle, this is your place. So many beers on tap and excellent chicken, pulled pork, ribs. I don't love the salad or the cole slaw, but the rest of the sides are delicious. Great service, too.

• Visited April 2011

Been to Holy Smoke? Share your experiences!