“Sadly bad”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I hate to do it but I have to give it the worst rating possible. The food was cold, tasteless and less than fresh. Even the texture was wrong. The macaroni and cheese was cold and gritty. GRITTY? I was nauseated after tasting it and feel queasy thinking about it now. All and all nothing was good and I will never return, which is sad because we used to like to eat there. I got the impression they might be going out of business.

1  Thank TheHappyTravler

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Ok, I don't know what restaurant these other people went to, but it couldn't be the same. I just got home from Holy Smoke in Mahopac, NY. I ordered New England Clam Chowder, Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and a side salad. The soup was room temperature, but tasty. The chicken looked like it came from a Swanson Frozen Dinner, the potatoes turned out to be mac and cheese(which I didn't order) and the salad dressing was much too thick. I also asked for Zinfindel wine-they don't have it, then I asked for a Pina Colada, their blender is broke. Give me a break. I did speak to the manager and told her about the experience and that I will never come back. Very disappointed. Don't go.

1  Thank barbaratoo
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Some good old comfort food. All home made meats, smoked in the bacement. Decent price, amazing protions, fantstic selection of food.

Also a fantastic collection of micro brews on tap (rare to find them on tap) and an impressive collection of bourbons.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Large portions! A bit pricey...but it's cheaper than going to North Carolina. Abundance of beers. Baby back ribs were real good but were only available as a full rack...no 1/2 racks :( It was good that I had my buddy there to split them with. BBQ chicken was good and we had plenty of leftovers.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Amazing beer and whiskey/scotch selection... just amazing. Food is usually exceptionally tasty, and there is a LOT of it. The staff is friendly and helpful.
Only downfall (and it's a big one) is that the smoker is located inside the restaurant, so when we go we wear yesterday's clothes, literally bag them in plastic if not wash them immediately upon returning home, and shower. I will not go if I don't need to wash my hair the next day, unless my craving is desperate. Sad thing, to decide to go to a restaurant based on whether or not I already have dirty hair!