“Great BBQ !”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Been going there for years and haven't been disappointed. Babyback ribs, brisket and pulled pork are a must to order. I enjoy their sweet BBQ sauce (base must be molasses - finger licking good!). Smashes potatoes, baked beans, slaw, corn fritters are very good. Not sure of the story on corn muffins, always dry and hard, but that's not why I go there.

There are newer reviews for Holy Smoke

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Good food and you get alot for the money. I love the pulled pork and the ribs are real good. They have a big selection of beer too. Fast service. Country type setting.

1  Thank Anthony A
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My brother, who lives in Florida saw the NY Times review and wanted to try Holy Smoke. It was with great expectation we headed to Mahopac. It looked like a barbecue joint and had the appropriate light smokey smell so imagine my shock when my brisket was served.....steamed and tasteless. The St. Louis ribs were dry, overlooked and stringy. The sweet potato fries were limp and greasy. This was one of the worst dining experiences we have had in a long time.

The waitstaff was good, knew the menu and was helpful selecting beer. That's about all that was good about this place.

2  Thank Kathyame
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

You enter through the bar and immediately enter the dining room which looks like a scene out of the 50's. Service is prompt and courteous and the portions are very large. Try thr "half slab" of St Louis ribs. There's enough for a very hungry person, or two normal appetites.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I hate to do it but I have to give it the worst rating possible. The food was cold, tasteless and less than fresh. Even the texture was wrong. The macaroni and cheese was cold and gritty. GRITTY? I was nauseated after tasting it and feel queasy thinking about it now. All and all nothing was good and I will never return, which is sad because we used to like to eat there. I got the impression they might be going out of business.

1  Thank TheHappyTravler