“Love their pizza!!!”

Mahopac, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love their pizza!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Their pizza is the best in the area! It's light and always fresh. It's the only place I go to for pizza. The dinner menu is equally delicious. I highly recommend the chicken rollatini!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Nicole R

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in the area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

If you're looking for pizza or pasta in lower Putnam / upper Westchester, look no further. Also have good main course dishes and specials. I've never had anything bad there. Very nice owners and staff.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Steve6966
Brooklyn New York, USA
“Great Spot Off the Taconic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

This place is off the Bryant Pond Road exit on the Taconic. About an hour north of the city. When I'm driving through the Hudson Valley, Bryant Pond Road is often where I stop for gas. Hungry one night, after filling up I drove about 500 yards further down the road and discovered Benvenuto. On first entering, I thought it was just a plan road side pizza spot, but walking a little further in I saw the Venice-themed dinning room in the back. There was wait service in there. And very good thin-crust pizza and pasta with vodka sauce. Now I'm making this my regular food stop when heading out of - or back into - the city.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank tomgray347
Baldwin Place, New York
“Benvenuto Pizza Restaurant: One Of the Best Kept Secrets in Putnam County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

Do not be deceived by the outside. It looks like a small pizza restaurant but happens to be one of the best Italian restaurants in Putnam and Westchester counties.

The first time we stopped by, we were driving back from Florida, and we were exhausted and starved. It was late. We pulled up, just as the restaurant was closing. The owner was so incredibly nice, he warmed up some pizza for us and was very gracious about it, even though I am sure he had a long day and wanted to go home. We never forgot that. We could not believe how delicious the pizza was and have gone back many times since. The food is consistently wonderful.

The owner and his wife always greet us with such warmth, it is a pleasure just walking in.

The food is all homemade with fresh, quality ingredients and is incredibly delicious. They make one of the best eggplant parmesan dishes I have ever eaten. The portions are very generous. Even the house salad is wonderful and loaded with fresh ingredients. All the dishes are served with addictive garlic knots.

Do not pass up the pizza. It will be one of the best pies you have ever tasted. Anywhere!

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank gailfgs
Chicago, IL
“What a wonderful find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

My husband proclaimed the spaghetti and meatballs the BEST that he'd ever eaten in any restaurant. Considering that he's had spaghetti and meatballs at probably hundreds of restaurants all over the country, that's saying alot in my book. My rigatoni bolognese was so tasty and the sauce was seasoned just right. The pasta was not sticky or gummy, again prepared perfectly. The lovely waitress offered us lunch portions (even though it was well after two o'clock when we got there) and the amount of food in the meal was just enough. We each received a generous salad and a basket of super tasty garlic bread rolls along with an oil & spice dipping sauce. Throw in two diet sodas and a cup of coffee and our scrumptious meal was complete for less than $22!! I wish we lived nearby so we could go back again!

2 Thank RoadTripper911