“PASTA!”

Benvenuto Pizza Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 64 Restaurants in Mahopac
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 25 July 2014

CJ was delightful and the food, what great food.
The Mussel and Clam appetizer was large and delicious, be warned , if you love garlic this your new home.
I had Spaghetti Carbonara that was sublime, Lots of Prosciutto and of course Garlic.
My Wife had Orecchiette With Broccoli Rabe and home made sausage and truly great Sun Dried Tomatoes that were not from a supermarket, thick slices not tiny strips.
...
Both Pastas were done perfectly.
This restaurant is a true gem and worth the trip from just about anywhere.

1  Thank Arnie S

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Their pizza is the best in the area! It's light and always fresh. It's the only place I go to for pizza. The dinner menu is equally delicious. I highly recommend the chicken rollatini!

1  Thank Nicole R
Reviewed 16 September 2013

If you're looking for pizza or pasta in lower Putnam / upper Westchester, look no further. Also have good main course dishes and specials. I've never had anything bad there. Very nice owners and staff.

1  Thank Steve6966
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This place is off the Bryant Pond Road exit on the Taconic. About an hour north of the city. When I'm driving through the Hudson Valley, Bryant Pond Road is often where I stop for gas. Hungry one night, after filling up I drove about 500 yards further down the road and discovered Benvenuto. On first entering, I thought it was just a plan road side pizza spot, but walking a little further in I saw the Venice-themed dinning room in the back. There was wait service in there. And very good thin-crust pizza and pasta with vodka sauce. Now I'm making this my regular food stop when heading out of - or back into - the city.

1  Thank tomgray347
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Do not be deceived by the outside. It looks like a small pizza restaurant but happens to be one of the best Italian restaurants in Putnam and Westchester counties.

The first time we stopped by, we were driving back from Florida, and we were exhausted and starved. It was late. We pulled up, just as the restaurant was closing. The owner was so incredibly nice, he warmed up some pizza for us and was very gracious about it, even though I am sure he had a long day and wanted to go home. We never forgot that. We could not believe how delicious the pizza was and have gone back many times since. The food is consistently wonderful.

The owner and his wife always greet us with such warmth, it is a pleasure just walking in.

The food is all homemade with fresh, quality ingredients and is incredibly delicious. They make one of the best eggplant parmesan dishes I have ever eaten. The portions are very generous. Even the house salad is wonderful and loaded with fresh ingredients. All the dishes are served with addictive garlic knots.

Do not pass up the pizza. It will be one of the best pies you have ever tasted. Anywhere!

4  Thank gailfgs