“messed up my order”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2013

If I wanted chicken w/ broccoli I would have ordered it. I ordered shrimp w/broccoli. At 3;30 PM.
Slow afternoon.
No excuse, No rice. Sorry, very bad on your part.
Manager is not available according to gal on phone.
I didn';t get what I ordered. Bad news.
Bad news....
I usually like this place, not today. Come on, rice?

1  Thank Maryann i

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I had a hankering for sushi, so stopped at Kobu yesterday.
I ordered the fried calamari appetizer, it was good. (inspired by a pic someone posted) Better with appropriate sauce though. I had to dip in soy.
Then Treasure Island, which is spicy tuna, salmon and yellow tail, covered with thinly sliced avocado and sprinkled with tempura flakes. I enjoyed it, it was good.

My only criticism, it should have been served on a flat plate (not bowl) with wasabi sauce and tempura sauce(?) drizzled on the plate. for added flavor. Not bad for 8.95.

I will order it again. In addition, I had a very nice waiter, friendly and attentive.
I also enjoy their shrimp and broccoli from chinese menu as take-out. You can order a small which is reasonable quite enough for me. Waiting for lakeside dining to be completed.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

The food is average, service is average, prices a bit high for quality. I've been here twice, but will not rush back.

Joe B, Public Relations Manager at Kobu Asian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2015

Hi Andrew's Mom,

We strive to be better everyday. Sorry that you thought we were just average -- our goal is excellence!

Please give us another try in the near future. Have you checked out our new patio?

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I've eaten here a few times. We tried their sushi-it was "ok". I do like their Chinese better. The place is very load, a bit distracting to me. I hope they open outdoor dining on the lake.

Hi Maryanne,

Great news! We have opened our outdoor patio that overlooks beautiful Lake Mahopac! We are looking forward to having you back this spring so you can check it out.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

The restaurant is a very large, casual, and trendy Asian Fusion restaurant. I really enjoyed the entire experience. The Food was excellent and the staff was very attentive and friendly. The meal cost was very reasonable for what we received. They service Sushi, Japanese; Traditional Chinese and Hibachi food. The people on the Hibachi side of the restaurant were having lots of fun. We had sushi which was very fresh and well prepared. Only complaint was the rolls are not rolled tight enough and they kept coming undone. My son has eaten there once before and said the rolls fell apart on his visit as well. Give it a try.

1  Thank Joseph C

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant!

We take our customers feedback to heart. We will let our Sushi chef's know about your experience and will work to roll 'em tighter.

Looking forward to seeing you again very soon.