“Avoid at ALL costs!”
Review of Dreamland Motel

Dreamland Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Malone
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Where do I start?! I arrived and checked the room. The bathroom floor was sticky. The sink was dirty and leaking that just happened to have mold growing underneath. The bed had hair in it as did the fridge. The thermostat didn't work. My mother in law fell because the picnic table was missing a leg. The pool was GREEN! We did ask for a new room which was somewhat better but still had dead flies on the floor and live ones flying around. We did not spend the night.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank cnx4789

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed for three nights over the Fourth of July. While the property is clearly older, you can tell they work hard at making sure everything is clean and functional. The staff was very friendly, and there are fresh towels every day. While the televisions are all brand new, the bathrooms have kind of fallen out of the 70's and take a little finessing (take fast showers if you enjoy hot water), although it is a minor thing considering their rates are extremely reasonable. One caveat: The WiFi, while free, will almost certainly not reach your room. Room came with a good sized refrigerator and a microwave, and the motel is conveniently located on the main road at the far end of town. While we did not get a chance to use the pool, it appeared clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Joe was very nice.He is the owner of the hotel.He helped with anything we needed. We had a 2 1/2 hr old that got sick in the car. We had to wash her bunny or she would not sleep.He dryed it in there dry.We sleeped well.The pool was clean and very nice. We left feeling like family.We will go back. Very close to where I needed to be.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Penny A
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Spent a couple months there with a group of coworkers. Rooms have plenty of space, NO BED BUGS, clean linen and towels, very good coffee, wifi and ample parking space. The grills work good and the cook out area next to the pool is nice. I stayed in two rooms and both A/C and heater worked fine. The staff is very nice and friendly, if you need anything just ask.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank andusee
Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

I arrived late with my daughter and at check in I realized my room rate was $65 when I was quoted $45. The room was freezing, floor was sticky and the sheets had blood stain. Someone was trying to get in my room in the middle of night, I tried calling the front desk and no one answered. I felt very unsafe.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Mellisa4
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We were driving to Ottowa, Canada and Dreamland happened to be there at the right time and place for us to stop. It is a old basic motel as the last reviewer said but it is clean and comfortable and just what we needed. The beds were comfortable and the shower worked just fine.The A/C worked just fine. The owner was very nice and recommended a place to eat near by that was excellent. All in all I would say that Deamland is the place to stay when you are on the road and passing by. There is a nice pool and there is wifi.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank vishty
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed here because everywhere else was booked for some big local event that was going on. I made reservations 4 days in advance and was quoted $50 per night, which I confirmed TWICE with the person taking the reservation, which was the owner. When I arrived I was surprised to learn that my $50 room was now $64.80 from the same guy who I spoke to on the phone and he insisted that was the rate he quoted me! I wasn't happy, but with everything else full I didn't have much choice.

I arrived on a cold winter night and was given a room that was colder inside than it was outside. I called the front desk and the owner told me he would be right over -- and he did come right over. He explained that the thermostat needed to be raised up and the room would heat up in 5 minutes and if I still found it too cold that he could lend me a portable electric heater. I turned the thermostat up to 90 degs and went to dinner. When I returned nearly 3 hours later that room was still frigid, only making to barely 50 degs. When I called to ask for the portable heater, the owner instead said he would give me a different room -- which did have heat. The new room worked out alright, although the bathroom floor was VERY sticky -- why I don't know!

In a pinch this place might work for you. It is run down, but reasonably clean and I did not spot any bugs anywhere. Beware staying here during winter as apparently there are heating issues. Be specially wary of rates quoted as apparently quoted rates on reservation are not honored (or maybe the rate changes based on how expensive a car you are seen driving.)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo