“Spiffy and convenient, friendly staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Saratoga Malta
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Malta
US
“Spiffy and convenient, friendly staff”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Place is clean and well kept. Front desk staff was super friendly and knowledgeable. Nice rooms, comfy beds. Breakfast is what you expect for this type of place. Wifi is free, as it should be everywhere. (A faster service comes at a price, but the free was fine for me.)

Hotel is very convenient to the various tech firms, GlobalFoundries and the rest, which seems to be why most people were in the place. A five minute drive. Just off the interstate, too. If you're looking for great food, though, that's in Saratoga Springs, about 15-20 minutes drive.

A few minor annoyances. The bath towels were nice and new, but the hand towels were cheap and threadbare - a weird contrast. No hooks on the bathroom door or racks in the showers, so you have to drip all over the bathroom floor when you get out of the shower. Sometimes the wonderful front desk staff was tied up, with two people on the phones at the same time and a small line stacking up in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank xeno111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My family of 4 stayed here overnight on the way to Vermont. The front desk and breakfast staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious, attractive and clean and it is super easy to get on and off the NY Thruway from the hotel. The breakfast is nothing special although the kids enjoyed making waffles. Overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cbee201
Kelly V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Saratoga Malta, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you cbee201 for your positive review of our hotel. I am always so pleased when I can pass great comments on to my staff. We hope we see you again when passing through the Saratoga-Malta area.

USA
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over Presidents' Day weekend. The hotel is very clean and inviting. The breakfast was great, and you can always find something that you'll enjoy being served. House coffee hits the spot, along with the 3pm cookies. :-) They always have a bountiful display of items out and they are always rushing to replenish. Hash browns and waffles were my favorite. The only thing about this hotel that I didn't care for was the pool area. Because it is such a small area of space if you have a group of obnoxious kids being loud and playing Marco Polo it'll give you a headache. The front desk just sent in someone to tell them to quiet down but it didn't appear to be too effective. I don't really want to blame it on the hotel, it's more peoples fault, not caring to watch their kids. Funny how the following day we were in the pool area and it was fine. Other than that I would stay here again if we were in the area. Thanks for the valentines day lollipop!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank baseballrookie21
Dear curlieq20,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn and Suites, Saratoga-Malta. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize about the incident in the pool. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention so that I can train my staff on how to correct an incident like this in the future. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Enosburg Falls, Vermont
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Great hotel, friendly staff, quiet rooms, reasonable price. My first choice in the Albany area every time. I spend over 150 nights a year in hotels and this one is always a breath of fresh air. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank V Z
Kelly V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Saratoga Malta, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear V Z,

Thank you for your review of our property and your recommendation to fellow travelers. We look forward to your next visit.

Malta, New York
Reviewed 10 February 2014

All of the staff, including Front manager, Chelsea, all the front staff, the housekeeping, kitchen hostesses, all make you feel welcome and at home. Not surprisingly, the Malta Fairfield is also the best kept Fairfield I have stayed at. Good TV channel selection (for those of us who stay 9 nights per trip), quiet location. Not a lot of restaurants in the immediate area, but they have menus from several good nearby eateries that deliver.

Room Tip: I always stay on the top floor when available. Otherwise you roll the dice on getting the HippoHops...
4 Thank SillyOlBearontheroad
Thank you SIllyOlBearontheroad for taking the time to review our property! Chelsie was so glad to hear her name had been mentioned on tripadvisor. Thank you again for your loyalty and please stop by and say hi the next time you are in Malta!

Hamburg, New York
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stay at this Fairfield Inn and Suites 5 to 6 times a year for business.

The staff at this Marriott property always makes me feel at home. The front desk staff led by Chelsie is by far the friendliest group of people you will ever meet. This is like the "Cheers" of hotels, where everyone knows your name.

The General Manager ; Kelly ; has worked at this hotel for as long as I can remember. Kelly always takes time to say hello and ask how my stay is going. I have received numerous e-mails from Kelly just thanking me for staying and making sure my stay was great.

Just a great staff from top to bottom.

The hotel is located right off Route 87 ; at exit 12. This hotel is in close proximity to Saratoga / Lake George / and Albany.

The best rooms in my opinion are the suites ; of which there are 36. The lower the number of the room ; the quieter I find the rooms. My personal favorite room is number 401 ; which I believe is the largest room in the hotel. The king size beds are very comfortable.

The rooms are always very clean. Very important !!!!!!!

The flat screen televisions offer a lot of cable stations ; including HBO. A lot of sports channels.

The suites have mini refrigerators.

The bathrooms are large and quite spacious.I like that the sink and it's very large counter space are located in the bathroom itself. Not a fan of where the sink is outside the bathroom.

The exercise room is small. I believe you can still workout for free at the YMCA which is 2 minutes away ; as long as you show them your room key ( check with front desk staff ).

This hotel was updated last Spring ; included in the remodel were all the rooms and hallways. The look is that of the new Fairfield properties.

The free breakfast is good. The selection usually includes the typical fair like cereal / muffins / danish / toast / fresh fruit. The breakfast also includes some hot entries like scrambled eggs / sausage links / hashbrowns / and a waffle maker. Is it 5 star ? No, but it is free. The staff that replenishes the food during breakfast are always cordial. Seems like 8 am during the week is the busiest time.

There are a lot of restaurants in the area as well. I would recommend The Ripe Tomato ( love the pot roast ) and Jimmy's ( a little pizza place in the Price Chopper plaza near the hotel ). The front desk at the hotel has a lot of the local restaurant menus for you to look at.

The only down fall of this hotel for me is that the prices go up drastically during Saratoga Race season ; mid July thru end of August. I'm sure they are in line price wise due to room demand ; but I am priced out for business travel.

All in all, a very nice place to stay in the Saratoga area with a wonderful staff of people that always make you feel welcome.

I look forward to my next stay in March.

Room Tip: Always ask for a high floor room with a low numbered room ; such as 303 / 205 etc.....
2 Thank Dale L
Kelly V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Saratoga Malta, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great thoughts about our property here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. My staff takes such pride knowing that they are recognized for all they do here on a daily basis. I sure appreciate that you acknowledge their efforts. They truly are amazing and I am grateful that they take such great care of each and every guests.

We will be here for your next trip through Malta and even during track season! Please feel free to contact me directly about a rate for track season so that you do not have to go elsewhere.

Liverpool, New York
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stay at the Fairfield Inn for business and they never let me down. Always wonderful and always helpful. Rooms are always clean and spotless. Love the mini fridges in all the rooms. Breakfast in the morning is always above and beyond. Front desk staff is always courteous and helpful. Fitness center is average, 2 treadmills and elliptical with free weights, but you can use the YMCA around the corner if you need something more.

Room Tip: I have stayed on just about all floors and both sides of the building. Haven't found a bad room...
1 Thank UpstateNYer18
Kelly V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Saratoga Malta, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you UpstateNYer18 for taking the time to write such a fantastic review! We are pleased to know that your stays with us always meet your needs!

Thank you for continuing to choose the Fairfield Inn and Suites, Saratoga-Malta for you lodging needs and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malta
Hyatt Place Saratoga / Malta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Saratoga Malta
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#15 of 33 in Saratoga Springs
Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs
Best Western Plus Saratoga Sprin...
#18 of 33 in Saratoga Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Saratoga Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Saratog...
#2 of 33 in Saratoga Springs
Roosevelt Inn & Suites
Roosevelt Inn & Suites
#17 of 33 in Saratoga Springs

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Saratoga Malta? Share your experiences!