“Huge portions”

Dining options: Reservations
Malta, New York
“Huge portions”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is your go to place in Malta if you love huge portions. They overcut every piece of beef they serve, the 22oz. strip is a mini roast and the king prime rib is a three day meal. This place is nothing fancy and the food quality is adequate to above, it is the portions that make the place. Even the non steak choices are outrageous and the prices are very reasonable. It gets very crowded in the summer months and weekends in the winter so I suggest off peak times because service can drag on at times. All in all you get more than you pay for but it is not a place for that special dinner. A good nice meal but lacks atmosphere.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank John B

Saratoga Springs, New York
“overpriced and loud”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I drive by Cliff's frequently and always notice the crowded parking lot. So I would assume the food would be good to regularly attract a crowd even in the harshest winters. The steak was massive and my son enjoyed it. My salad was delicious but predictable. The shrimp scampi was devoured by my other teenage son.

The other dining parties were loud and obnoxious and it was hard to enjoy the company of the two people I was with.

Our waitress was kind and attentive. I wish the management had placed the loud parties in a back area and not in the center of the room.

The menu prices are high for the quality/creativity of the food and overall atmosphere.

I do not think I am part of their customer base which I can safely assume are patrons who like to eat massive portions and are unconcerned that their noisy behavior is bothersome to others.

I will drive by and continue on to other Malta and Saratoga places that are more to my liking.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank CarMee92
Galway, New York
“Cliffs Country Inn - keeping driving by”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We went to Cliffs Country Inn - after waiting 20 mins for a table - sat us by the kitchen - did get water then another 20 mins went by never saw a waitress - it was so so noisey - we could not hear each other - I was getting a headache from all the noise!! SO we left never to return - the food may be good - years ago before it burned down it was very good since they rebuilt I don't think it is the same.
If you like loud talking people you may like this place - so much for a quite dinner!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lori A
Saratoga Springs, New York
“great fish dinner”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Have returned to cliffs many times and have had a terrific fish dinner each time. The cod with the scampi sauce on top is excellent and plentiful. You really get your moneys worth and the fish is delicious!

• Visited February 2013
Mechanicville, New York
“very poor”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Thought the food was pretty bad. Cliff,s is known for prime rib and we didn,t get that, but for the price it shouldn,t really matter. My wife got some kind of shrimp dish called a scampi. I,ve never seen anything that looked like this. instead of a smooth butter and wine and garlic suce this was something that came out of a can, very thick and not at all like anyones idea of a scampi. I had the haddock and it was dry and tasteless. faily expensive for the poor quality. we won't be going back

Visited November 2012